Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
In the case of a declared "Public Health Emergency" .. I'd guess turning off the lights and locking up are about the only short term options, when the word "immediate" is used ..

"The ban, which takes effect immediately and runs through January 25, 2020, prohibits the sale of nicotine, flavored, non-flavored, and marijuana vaping products. "

The Declaration of an "Emergency" can give a Governor Many Powers he/she doesn't Normally have. And a "Health Emergency" is usually consider one of the Highest Emergencies.

But what Constitutes a actual "Health Emergency".
What Criteria did the Massachusetts Health Department use to Declare an Emergency?
And what Documentation does the Governor have to show this his/her actions will Significantly Improve the situation?

All Good Question that would fit Nicely in an Emergency Federal Injunction.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
6256f0d4752d1bdcabd62bd49628520b.jpg

I don’t even vape anymore, but this ban is infuriating. It has nothing to do with all the people getting sick and/or dying from black market THC carts. They just used it to push an agenda they’ve had a hard time getting people on board with for years. The health commissioner even told the news this is to prevent children from becoming addicted to nicotine. Attached picture is from this story Gov. Baker Issues Temporary Ban On Vaping Products, Declares Health Emergency

So Monica doesn't know what the Cause is. But the Solution is to Eliminate Everything.

Sounds like Sound Public Health Policy to Me.

:facepalm:

chargingcharlie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2014
MA
The Declaration of an "Emergency" can give a Governor Many Powers he/she doesn't Normally have. And a "Health Emergency" is usually consider one of the Highest Emergencies.

But what Constitutes a actual "Health Emergency".
What Criteria did the Massachusetts Health Department use to Declare an Emergency?
And what Documentation does the Governor have to show this his/her actions will Significantly Improve the situation?

All Good Question that would fit Nicely in an Emergency Federal Injunction.

61 MA residents with the lung illness confirmed...in a state of 6.9 MILLION PEOPLE. Yup...that’s what he’s calling a “Health Emergency”. I hope there’s a huge lawsuit over this from all the vape shops that will lose their businesses as a result.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
Another story on wnbc had this in it
He is requesting a four-month ban on selling vaping-related products, both in person and online, from the Public Health Council, in an attempt to better study the growing alternative to smoking cigarettes.

Mass. Governor Declares Emergency Over Vaping, Calls for Temporary Ban on Vape Products

I guess I'll just wait and see how the dust settles, since it's a bit confusing to me .. o_O .. "Governor issues immediate Vaping ban, now asks for permission .." :eek:

icepickmaker84

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2019
Indiana
I guess I'll just wait and see how the dust settles, since it's a bit confusing to me .. o_O .. "Governor issues immediate Vaping ban, now asks for permission .." :eek:
You profile pic is perfect because so many Big Lebowski quotes could apply right now. I myself would like to take the Walter Solbchek(sp) approach, “has the whole world gone crazy?!”

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
61 MA residents with the lung illness confirmed...in a state of 6.9 MILLION PEOPLE. Yup...that’s what he’s calling a “Health Emergency”. I hope there’s a huge lawsuit over this from all the vape shops that will lose their businesses as a result.

Did the Governor happen to mention How many people are Hospitalize every year from Smoking?

Or perhaps from Opioid OD's ?
Or from Excessive Drinking ?
Or even from Household Cleaning/Chemical Product Poisonings ?

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Baker bans oranges because some poison apples were sold.

If you buy locally in Mass you should be in line at a shop right now to stock up before gestapo gets there.

IF YOU BUY LOCALLY IN MASS YOU SHOULD BE IN LINE AT A SHOP RIGHT NOW TO STOCK UP BEFORE GESTAPO GETS THERE

They're sending out state police gestapo to shut down shops right now.

Martial law has been declared on vaping in Totalitarianachusetts.

icepickmaker84

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2019
Indiana
Baker bans oranges because some poison apples were sold.

If you buy locally in Mass you should be in line at a shop right now to stock up before gestapo gets there.

IF YOU BUY LOCALLY IN MASS YOU SHOULD BE IN LINE AT A SHOP RIGHT NOW TO STOCK UP BEFORE GESTAPO GETS THERE

They're sending out state police gestapo to shut down shops right now.

Martial law has been declared on vaping in Totalitarianachusetts.
Are they really sending out cops to close down vape shops?

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Are they really sending out cops to close down vape shops?
That's no joke. I was on the phone with a shop and that's the word.
I saw on the news that they weren't exaggerating. SENDING OUT THE GESTAPO.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
LOL! I just saw the story on the news...there hasn’t even been 61 confirmed sick people. The official numbers are:

61 REPORTED cases
5 cases sent to the CDC for review
3 (THREE) confirmed cases
It's ALL about black market drug carts. Nothing to do with vaping nicotine e-juice.

Rate of smoking in Mass is going to skyrocket because Baker either didn't do his due diligence or knowingly jumped on an opportunity to ban a safer alternative to his big tobacco & big pharma sponsors. #MSABLOODMONEY

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
LOL! I just saw the story on the news...there hasn’t even been 61 confirmed sick people. The official numbers are:

61 REPORTED cases
5 cases sent to the CDC for review
3 (THREE) confirmed cases

Damn... It's worse than I thought !!!

:facepalm:

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
That's no joke. I was on the phone with a shop and that's the word.
I saw on the news that they weren't exaggerating. SENDING OUT THE GESTAPO.

Let's see if Massachusetts residents still have the same cajones they had during the Boston Tea Party..

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Declaration of Public Health Emergency

Because this is a temporary ban, at this time retailers are not being asked to destroy products, however, products need to be taken off of the shelves immediately.

No big deal if you're a c-store, or even smoke/vape shop. But it's the end of the line if you're a dedicated vape shop. :ohmy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread