Not open for further replies.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
What do you think?

It's absolutely sad right now to see the "New Posts" as it's about all dismal.. but Its probably just the way it needs to be right now. It's kind of at the forefront, and burying threads won't do anything but stick our heads in the sand.

Last edited:

*RJ*

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2015
Vaping since 8/9/2012
I'd have to say that unless the ACLU steps in, Lawyering Up can be costly .. if Vape Shops were somehow connected thru a Guild of some sort, a single organization that each member contributed to on a Nationwide basis and had done so long enough for a Legal Defense Fund of some size to be accumulated ..

At the same time, the ability of the Politicos at the Head of the Table to declare an Emergency does, I believe, give them some pretty broad and likely uncontestable power .. at least on the short term ..

The bigger problem is, even a 4 month ban will likely nuke most Vape Shops in Mass. as a Small Business Owner depends on cash flow, and, if the cash don't flow, the bills don't go .. the second biggest problem is, this sets a tone for other Governors who may be contemplating action as well ..
And being in Alabama I expect us to be in the front of the pack. I love it here, but it can be so backwards and staunchy and stale and too conservative. :facepalm: I’m stocked up.

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
With the Mass Hysteria at a Boiling Point, apparently, as well as the "We must do something and we must do it now .." Political Spin .. anyone in the Gear / Liquid business should have been on high alert and, at least, come up with a contingency plan ..

The snowball seems to be rolling down the hill and gaining speed and size ..
I'm with you on that note. where you from? I'm in NYC and I've been saying this for days...we need to hit the streets and make waves. Im so tired of seeing the same nonsense being supported from state to state...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2012
Central Texas
I think the vaping ban is a distraction from a larger issue.

Distraction is a common tactic of war with over a millennia of practice. Vapers are a minority right now, the ACTUAL problem is very small in the scope of national, or even state, problems we are currently facing with vaping.

Is youth addiction even the main concern? If this is the true issue there would be a ban of ALL addictive substances our society uses. As we can see, that isn't the case.

I know that the prevalent viewpoint is that politicans, and the ruling class, are unintelligent, but what if they're not? People in power may have created that myth to fool the masses and give those in power MORE power by using underestimation to their benefit. Have you ever underestimated an enemy before, what happened?

Money is one possible cause, and as capitalists we tend to go that route in our thinking here in the USA. What good is money then if our currency has no value? Are we seeing the dawn of a last ditch effort of a dying regime to reestablish control of a failing economic system?

Power is the most addictive drug of them all. Money= Power in our society. What would power addicts do if their drug was slipping away? Are we being played to their tune, are they our pied pipers? Where are we being led?

Take a step back, and get some perspective. What's really going on? Is this a disease, or is it a symptom of a disease? What is the disease, are the measures being taken being used to treat the cancer, or the patient?

These are just a few of my thoughts on how the current situation doesn't make sense. The possibilities are beyond my scope of knowledge to expand on completely. I don't know what's going on, but I do have some suspicions.

It may sound crazy, but in light of what we can all see right now, is it really all that unbelievable?

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Greatest. State. Motto. Ever.
My garage woodshop before I quit smoking.
1382946_1400484823515677_886063383_n.jpg

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
61 MA residents with the lung illness confirmed...in a state of 6.9 MILLION PEOPLE. Yup...that’s what he’s calling a “Health Emergency”. I hope there’s a huge lawsuit over this from all the vape shops that will lose their businesses as a result.
I think three people have recently died in Massachusetts from equine Encephalitis maybe they should ban horses *sarcasm..

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
A vape shop with few payables and enough money to pay the rent for 4 months can lay off employees, lock the door, and sit tight. The shop customers are online looking for out of state online retailers.

I checked Nicotine River just now. Their liters of 100mg nic are offered for the usual $50. I wonder if the nic companies are seeing an uptick in sales.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    A vape shop with few payables and enough money to pay the rent for 4 months can lay off employees, lock the door, and sit tight. The shop customers are online looking for out of state online retailers.

I checked Nicotine River just now. Their liters of 100mg nic are offered for the usual $50. I wonder if the nic companies are seeing an uptick in sales.

I'd say it's a guarantee that they are.

And I hope there's not a shortage of eggs for when the Politicians have to start wearing. them on their faces ;)

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 12, 2014
    I'd say it's a guarantee that they are.

And I hope there's not a shortage of eggs for when the Politicians have to start wearing. them on their faces ;)
    I hope you're right but I think we need all those millions of vapers to turn out. Will that happen? The governors seem to be competing to see who is toughest. Picking on small businesses and former smokers?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread