Status
Not open for further replies.

BWhare

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2012
Indiana
I've looked at that one - it does look nice.

It's not something I'd be interested in personally because it's brass and aluminum. It's weight is similar to the EA clone so it would have some heft to it but I worry about aluminum being able to stand up to being dropped.

Down here, it would land on concrete and that's rather unforgiving. I imagine that I would scratch it up fairly quickly - not necessarily clumsy, just unlucky.

The brass is another story. I love the look of brass - when it's all shiny and new or even brushed and new. Without a serious coating of car wax or something similar, I'd have it tarnished within hours.

I'd do the same to copper which I also find quite appealing. They're just not made for my contact with my skin.

I once got a really nice Casio watch for Christmas and by New Years, I'd literally rotted the back off it. Admittedly, it was thin because that's where all the alarm stuff was hiding, but still....

Anyway, if you're looking for something cheap to try out mechs, you really can't go far wrong with $11.54. The three business day wait isn't too bad either.

There's also a brass version for $16.22 if that's more to your liking. Oddly, it weighs 130 grams as opposed to the 80 grams of the aluminum version - interesting.

BWhare

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2012
Indiana
I found an even cheaper one:

sigelei-8-Scratch-N-Dent at Hoosier Vapes clearance page. (ECF is somewhat prejudicial about their url)

It may come with flaws but it was too "inexpensive" to pass up and I hit the button (something I very seldom do). If I have to modify it a little to make it perfect (well, less flawed) then it will be a hobby/project and I'll still be the happy camper that I already am.

It has been ordered for all of ten minutes and I'm already in stalking mode. It takes so little to bring a smile to my face.

sandybeach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
Glad you got it B!

I ordered a mechanical and a few other things from Fast Tech. I got an "it shipped" notice two days later. Not sure how long it will take. I found an adorable little rainbow colored eGo twist knockoff for my big train trip!!! :)

People who get into the business of selling vaping gear are brilliant. Selling stuff to people who were smokers and have addictive personalities? Now we're addicting to buying this stuff!

BWhare

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2012
Indiana
Inquiring minds just have to know.... which mech did you order ???

If it shipped and you're tracking it, has it made it to Hong Kong yet? I know, it's just across the bridge but that's the big first step. The second is making it out of HK and the third is making it through San Francisco. Three bottlenecks that take anywhere from one to five days each. (I'm an obsessive tracker - or is that stalker - don't really care - it's fun).

I've been thinking that everyone who complains about vape supplies depleting their current income are looking at it all wrong. Everyone seems to be obsessed with losing weight. This compulsion is simply allowing our wallets to lose weight in a sensible and constant fashion. That's a good thing right? - Fueling our addictive nature? - Consistent weight loss? - The national pastime? - ..........?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread