maual passthrough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
I have a sealed manual passthrough whick works fine but little vapor production. If I break the seal will I get better vapor? Will it damage the passthru?

Thanks

Little vapor means not working fine, so let's see what's up. If its a 510 PT with batt box, it could be you have just used up the batt, and it needs to just recharge from the USB. That's how they work, in general, if there is a black batt box. If you open it you will see the battery. Its a 10400 Li-ion. The USB is always charging it, and the atty is powered by the battery, not the USB port power.

If that doesn't work, it could be a few things:

The atty might be in need of cleaning.
The PT is not charging the battery from the USB anymore. I've had this happen eventually with all my 510 PTs.
The battery is not recharging anymore because its bad or old or both.

I got extra 10400 batteries and a charger, since my PTs no longer charge much for some reason, but the PT works very well off a freshly charged battery.

Could also be the contacts on the manual control need to be cleaned, and the atty is not making good electrical contact.

If you have a volt meter, you can check the voltage of the batt. Should be at least 3.7V, and freshly charged should be about 4.2V.

Hope this helps!

sjohnson

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2009
I like a hot coil when I vape. The Joye 510 passthroughs use a skinny wire to connect to the USB and the passthrough. I haven't tried a voltmeter on them, but they get little use here because the coil never gets very hot. On a dry burn with a fresh big battery mod my atomizer coils glow cherry red. With the passthrough and a fully charged battery, they glow a dull red at best.

Me no likey the low volume of vapor nor the flavor on the passthrough. I've thought of modding one to use heavy gauge wire so the wire doesn't act as a resistor and drop voltage under heavy current draw, but the nicostick with 14500 battery is so good and convenient I'll probably never get around to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread