The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Max vg for caliburn g / other pods?

Discussion in 'Vape Pod Systems' started by gerry81611, Mar 15, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. gerry81611

gerry81611 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 12, 2010
    Denver, CO
    Hello! I ordered a caliburn g and 10% salts from wiz to play around with a bit. I’ve traditionally mixed unflavored 90-95% vg / water since i started a decade ago.

i suspect that the caliburn g probably can’t handle that high of a vg % and was wondering if you folks knew how high i could go with it? Higher than 75%?

i see that the caliburn g has mesh coils available and if i remember correctly the vaporesso mesh coils can handle some seriously viscous oils. So maybe the caliburn mesh coils can handle a higher vg %?

i picked the caliburn g because the caliburn seemed to be the pod vape that others kept comparing themselves to but i’m also open to other recommendations! This is an out and about jeans 5th pocket vape. I have and love my dicodes sbs with kayfun prime which i consider to be pretty small for a mod so i’d pass on pod systems that approach that size.

thanks for your advice!

2. Bobby1

Bobby1 Full Member

Mar 15, 2021
    Nooo dude not at all . I actually just posted in another thread about this exact issue. These coils cannot even wick 70/30 juice. After two days my coil is burnt and I get a terrible burnt taste that is unbearable. I'm also using the 1.0ohm coils and nothing. Can't go two days without a burnt coil. I've been seeking advice on different pod systems the caliburn g is a perfect device just has ....ty coils.

3. gerry81611

gerry81611 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 12, 2010
    Denver, CO
    do you take long drags? I seem to be taking little mtl sips since the salts are so strong.

4. Bobby1

Bobby1 Full Member

Mar 15, 2021
    Yea I do but I'm smoking freebase ejuice that is a 70/30 VG/pg ratio. With salt NICs you'll be fine since it is a 50/50 ratio. I haven't seen salt NICs at any other ratio.

5. Bobby1

Bobby1 Full Member

Mar 15, 2021
    I do but I'm not using nic salts . I've had no problems with dry hits using salt NICs (50/50 ratio which I believe all of them are). Only issue is with 70VG juice / freebase.

6. Richard Winter

Richard Winter Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    In general, the recommended pgvg ratio for pod coils is 50/50. Higher than 50% vg will cause more dry hits because of the thicker base liquid being used.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.