Maximizer type... did I miss anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooler

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Florida
I'm about ready to try the Got Vapes MaXimizer (ego sized atomizer with fill-window)
Great pics and info here.

But I wanted something more like the clearomizer - is there one that is ego size? The CE2-X doesn't have the skirt to fit over a ego battery.

The E-echo is close doesn't have the fill-gauge, and I get to taste drips of juice occasionally, full or nearly empty - something about fog building up inside or whatever.

1. Ego Threading
2. Ego battery-skirt
3. Easy refill
4. Easy cleaning (or no cleaning)
5. Fill-level visible
6. Perfect.

Hoping to find something I missed...

Tom10

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2011
Oklahoma
I tried two of the new giantomizers and they are worthless in my opinion - expensive worthless. My personal favorite of something you can see when it's time to refill is the Ego-T Type B large tank (2 ml). To limit confusion, this is the tank (no filling):

Joye eGo-T Atomizer - Type B *NEW*

Joye eGo-T Tanks (5 pack) - Type B *NEW*

I personally think that the Type B tank is a top performer in terms of flavor, vapor, and longevity. I have 5 of them, including a passthrough. I've had zero problems.

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
I like the Maxomizers very much!
2.8 Ohms is a little cool 'to me' on an eGo battery for high PG liquids, but with a higher VG mix liquid it's all good for me.

I do use a Darwin which lets me tune them up a little hotter. LOVE them on the Darwin.

Mine have lasted a long time. I'm going on week 5 with one. The only cleaning I've done to it is to occasionally wash off the coil with distilled water through a syringe, do a few burns without drawing air. Repeat this wash process a few times, then re-prime the coil with a few drops of juice. I've never changed or stacked flavors in one...so never needed to try to 'clean out' the tank itself.

So far I figure the Maxomizer cost me less than 70 cents per day to operate. That is including the juice! Not too bad...

GotVapes does have the new GV Vision series. These are all clear, 3.5ml, 2.8 Ohms. They are made by a different company than the Maxomizer. I've not yet tried one...check out the preview here on the ECF.

Personally can't stand the eGo T, A or B.
I wouldn't rule out trying one tho'. Some folks love them.

Last edited:

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
The CE2-X doesn't have the skirt to fit over a ego battery.

No, but they will work with an eGo cone.

One advantage to these over the Maxomizer, is that it's easier to find them in a wider variety of resistance options. Lower resistance = hotter vape.

Another is you get 5 per box! If you like to rock several flavors every day instead of tanking out to the max on one flavor...these might be a better value for you. Fill a hand-full and go :)

So far it seems harder to find the Maxomizers under 2.8 Ohms (you might if you shop around); however, you can find the hotter 2.4 Ohm CE2, or the cooler 3 Ohm versions at almost any eCig vendor.

Of course the XL doesn't hold nearly as much juice as a Gianto/Maxomizer.

Personally...I advise going for the metal ones over the clear ones. MUCH longer lasting...no cracking, high acid juices don't eat them. I also advise using a nice 510/808 trip tip with them.

Last edited:

Mooler

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Florida
I tried two of the new giantomizers and they are worthless in my opinion - expensive worthless. My personal favorite of something you can see when it's time to refill is the Ego-T Type B large tank (2 ml). To limit confusion, this is the tank (no filling):

Joye eGo-T Atomizer - Type B *NEW*

Joye eGo-T Tanks (5 pack) - Type B *NEW*

I personally think that the Type B tank is a top performer in terms of flavor, vapor, and longevity. I have 5 of them, including a passthrough. I've had zero problems.

I vaped with the Type B and a Echo-e today. The Type B was gurgling, so I blew it out and cleaned it up, then it wheezed. Beats wheezy lungs. I found they work best if you always keep them flat on the desk... The Type B has too big a whistle tip... maybe someone has a smaller tip?

Mooler

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Florida
I like the Maxomizers very much!
2.8 Ohms is a little cool 'to me' on an eGo battery for high PG liquids, but with a higher VG mix liquid it's all good for me.

I do use a Darwin which lets me tune them up a little hotter. LOVE them on the Darwin.

Mine have lasted a long time. I'm going on week 5 with one. The only cleaning I've done to it is to occasionally wash off the coil with distilled water through a syringe, do a few burns without drawing air. Repeat this wash process a few times, then re-prime the coil with a few drops of juice. I've never changed or stacked flavors in one...so never needed to try to 'clean out' the tank itself.

So far I figure the Maxomizer cost me less than 70 cents per day to operate. That is including the juice! Not too bad...

GotVapes does have the new GV Vision series. These are all clear, 3.5ml, 2.8 Ohms. They are made by a different company than the Maxomizer. I've not yet tried one...check out the preview here on the ECF.

Personally can't stand the eGo T, A or B.
I wouldn't rule out trying one tho'. Some folks love them.

I liked my A for a long time, as far as the vape, easy refilling, no leaks, big tank... huge improvement over anything before. It's the pile of useless atomizers I don't like, the tiny wick that falls apart - and they don't sell replacements... still cheaper and cleaner than smoking :) The wicks get stuck on the atomizer so bad sometimes I have to pull the wick off in pieces.

I'm guessing the Maximizer structure is similar to the Echo, in that it doesn't burn out or get gunked up like the Type A. I hope I can drip as well as fill with a syringe....

Mooler

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Florida
No, but they will work with an eGo cone.

One advantage to these over the Maxomizer, is that it's easier to find them in a wider variety of resistance options. Lower resistance = hotter vape.

Another is you get 5 per box! If you like to rock several flavors every day instead of tanking out to the max on one flavor...these might be a better value for you. Fill a hand-full and go :)

So far it seems harder to find the Maxomizers under 2.8 Ohms (you might if you shop around); however, you can find the hotter 2.4 Ohm CE2, or the cooler 3 Ohm versions at almost any eCig vendor.

Of course the XL doesn't hold nearly as much juice as a Gianto/Maxomizer.

Personally...I advise going for the metal ones over the clear ones. MUCH longer lasting...no cracking, high acid juices don't eat them. I also advise using a nice 510/808 trip tip with them.

Ah eating them? Whats that about?

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
Ah eating them? Whats that about?

The transparent plastic they use to make clearo sleeves doesn't like anything with a PH over 6 or 7 (on the acid side). Cinnamon is acidic enough that it is actually used to clean industrial metals (particularly in the food prep industry). Some of the super sour citrus or apple flavors can get up on the PH scale as well. Almost the instant one of these liquids hits a clearo, they start to turn cloudy, then grow brittle, then fall apart on you. The process can be almost instant for really strong juices, or take several hours for those that hover just over tolerance levels.

If you insist on clear ones for some reason....lots of people grab a hand full of 3ml BD syringes and make new tubes with that. (for regular and XL CE2/Fluxomizers)

Don't get me wrong...a pack of Clearos should last several days as they are shipped out of the pack for most liquids as long as you're not too rough on your PV. The metals ones can last weeks tho'...problem free, with much abuse.

Note on Maxomizers:
They do use this clear plastic as well, but have a metal sleeve around that with windows in it. Avoid putting strong cinnamon or super sour flavors in these too...they probably won't fall apart on you as easily as regular clearo would when attacked by acid, but they will go cloudy on you.

Last edited:

Mooler

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Florida
The transparent plastic they use to make clearo sleeves doesn't like anything with a PH over 6 or 7 (on the acid side). Cinnamon is acidic enough that it is actually used to clean industrial metals (particularly in the food prep industry). Some of the super sour citrus or apple flavors can get up on the PH scale as well. Almost the instant one of these liquids hits a clearo, they start to turn cloudy, then grow brittle, then fall apart on you. The process can be almost instant for really strong juices, or take several hours for those that hover just over tolerance levels.

If you insist on clear ones for some reason....lots of people grab a hand full of 3ml BD syringes and make new tubes with that. (for regular and XL CE2/Fluxomizers)

Don't get me wrong...a pack of Clearos should last several days as they are shipped out of the pack for most liquids as long as you're not too rough on your PV. The metals ones can last weeks tho'...problem free, with much abuse.

Note on Maxomizers:
They do use this clear plastic as well, but have a metal sleeve around that with windows in it. Avoid putting strong cinnamon or super sour flavors in these too...they probably won't fall apart on you as easily as regular clearo would when attacked by acid, but they will go cloudy on you.

Sounds Dangerous... My favorite juice is the DV line at Totally Wicked, Strawberry and Banana....

BTW this is the Echo-E I mentioned is sold at CropDuster901. The E is for eGo, they also have other threading. I drink juice every time I vape with this, even when it's getting low on juice, but other people are not experiencing this, maybe its the high humidity in Florida, maybe I'm drooling in my filter.

Mooler

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Florida
I received 2 Maximizers a couple days ago, and have vaped with them since then.

It is great, if you don't mind drinking juice.

Drips of juice leak through from start to finish, every 3-10 hits.

1. Ego Threading
2. Ego battery-skirt
3. Easy refill
4. Easy cleaning (or no cleaning)
5. Fill-level visible
6. No leaking of any kind.
7. Perfect.

I suspect the clearomizer will produce the same results.

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
It doesn't leak so much when I don't slobber on the drip tip.

What version do you have?
Did you leave the plug in and use a needle to fill it?
Yea, if you pull the inner plug out and try to use it that way, or don't get that ring back in perfect, it will gurgle and fill your mouth with juice.

Seriously, I'm working on 6 weeks with one V2 3D and 4 weeks with a second unit and have NO issues with it at all other than needing to clean off the coils once to get it back optimal. I used it RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX, as directed...using a needle to fill it through one of the two holes in the inner plug.

I don't get condensation or gurgling, as long ago I learned to let off the button a bit before the end of a draw so vape doesn't get trapped in the mouthpiece and turn back to liquid. This isn't unique to just giant cartos...anything that does not have ployfill in it, it helps to do this to prevent 'gurgling' or 'juice in mouth'.

Last edited:

Mooler

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Florida
You should try the new Ego mega dual coil carto Madvapes is selling for 2.49 ea and they hold over 4 ml and vape very good. Madvapes is the only supplier I know that has these. I tried the Giantomizers but they didn't work for me and are very expensive. These are about the same size as the giantomizer.

Wonder why they didn't put these together into one clear eGo carto? An eGo size Clearomizer...?
eGo Mega Dual Coil Cartomizer
Dual Coil Clear Mega XL Cartomizer

Where do you get drip tips for 510s?
Anything over a dollar for a tiny hollow tube is a ripoff.
Gotvapes is out of the wee-little rubber ones for .79
Good Prophets has various drip tips for 99-199

In my searches today I ran across this Luer Lock bottle and this [URL="https://www.nitelitevapor.us/shop/article_83.001/CE2-Cartomizer-6ml-Bottle-Mod.htm]6ml CE2 Cartomizer [/URL]for $10.

I have a clearomizer, a MAP, a Cropduster Echo, and a Maximizer, they all gurgle. Much less if I hold the tip further in my mouth, and keep my tongue off it. Hard habit to break, and Tanks just don't have this problem.

What I really want is a Tank with a descent wick.

Mooler

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Florida
Also, the clearomizer would be ok with a 510 battery, but on an eGo, you need the cone cover to make it look right - but the cone fits very tight - easier to get on than off - and restricted the air flow.

If there's a special cone for this, I might be interested, but suspect it will run over the buck I would be willing to pay.

Mooler

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Florida
I tried the eGo Mega Dual Coil Cartomizer, it is really big and noisy, nogo. It's too long in my shirt pocket with a USB battery.

The Dual Coil Clear Mega XL Cartomizer is also noisy, whispy and cracly, and doesn't match up with the eGo battery.

I have a new fondness for the old eGo Cartomizer tho it is missing the fill-window, and could be extended a 1/2 inch or so... also it doesn't always line up with the button, but it is quiet, good vape, and a good price.

eGo-T remains my favorite for easy refill, they just need to fix the wick-cleaning mess. A dry-burn protection (temperature sensor?) would do wonders for this product... and regular cleaning could be much easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread