Not open for further replies.

BigJimW

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Warwick, RI
www.moonport.org
Hey gang,

I was doing some experamenting with cleaning my atomizer and think I found a safe way that is effective and may even make the life increased on them.

I read here about what people do to clean them. Everything from blowing out the old e-juice to boiling in nothing more than sulfuric acid. I decided to take a more conservative approach on the deal, since I killed my SmokingEverywhere atomizer using the cleaning tecniques I read in here.

So looking for a solution (as I'm such a tight wad, I managed to fix a $1,000 transmission problem on my car with a $1.59 heater hose clamp so I want to get maximum out of my addys with as little money as possible), I desided to find a safer alternative for my atomizer.

So looking around my desk, I found a solution. A $5.99 desk fan. A small fan that you can get at any Walgreens made by Lakewood.

What I started to do a month ago with my atomizer I got from VaporOptions for the Sophomore kit was to blow out the remaining e-juice from the battery end, keeping a clean paper towel on the mesh end of the atomizer. Then, I put them on my desk, battery end side down, under the small fan, and run it all night, with the fan blowing directly on top of them, letting the gentle airflow dry out the atomizer, mesh, and other electronic circuits inside.

That was a month ago. I'm still using the same atomizer I got with the kit. It still works so well I nicknamed it "Ol' Sparky". The remaining 4 spares I bought are still in the bubble wrap if and when they are needed.

And the amazing thing is I drip heavily, which usually kills atomizers, yet this atomizer is still working a month later using this method of cleaning and drying them.

I also find that after the atomizer is totally drained and dried, even my favorite Menthol flavored e-juice does not interfere with other flavors if I use a recently drained and air dried addy.

Maybe something to try. If i can fix a $1,000 transmission problem for $1.50, I think I can figure out a way of squeezing 2-3 months service from an atomizer. ;)

After this, and with the experiance I had with a premature dead SE atomizer, I'm beginning to think that dropping them in ANY liquids may not be such a good idea.

Last edited:

CardinalWinds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2009
Vermont, USA
Maybe I've been lucky, but here is what I do to clean my 510 atomizers: A small pot, two cups of water, half a cup of white vinegar, plop the atty in, boil for 5 minutes on the stove, pick out the atty with metal tongs, rinse out the pot, fill with fresh water, no vinegar, boil for another 5 minutes, pick out the atty with metal tongs, place the atty on a piece of paper towel large side down, let dry for 12 hours.

I've cleaned 6 attys this way, none have died, and good as new. I even had one where the inner wicking material under the bridge was almost black with gunk. Came out clean and white. Just remember after drying to drip a drop of juice onto the atty bridge, let it soak in for 5 minutes, attach a battery and full cart and you're all set. Works great for me. The vinegar really cleans the inside well of all residue and gets rid of any nasty taste from any burnt plastic or batting material.

Safira

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2009
Plainfield,IL
You know CardinalWinds vinegar is what works best to clean my atty's also. (510) Yesterday I did an alcohol soak just to get the juice out, and then took drops of vinegar on a hot atty. Just a few drops, then blew that out, then rinsed that out and dried it all out. It's working great now.

As a mom of 3 kids I know vinegar is a powerful cleaner, and heated it's even better. I didn't want to heat it up on the stove because of the smell, so I just did a few drops on the atty and that worked wonderfully. Maybe it's the 510 atty, but it's the one thing so far that has really worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread