McCormick's Pure food flavorings

Status
Not open for further replies.

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
Most of what I have read on ECF says to stay away from any of the oils since they might be bad for the lungs. Oil can't/won't be expelled?
As far as the extracts it sounds like they aren't as strong as the flavorings used by most DIY'ers so would dilute the nic strength of the juice.
So once again I guess the answer is 'it depends' :)

I figure that with the small amount of any of it that I would be getting I am willing to try most anything... so will probably try your mix one of these days....

Oil is in premixed juice from popular vendors.
Perhaps some people who fear oil are vaping oil and don't know.
Some chefs breath significant amounts of atomized oil; wonder if they have any documented oil related lung issues.

Stevew443

ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2010
Shenandoah Junction, WV
www.bnyeshiva.com
I am using McCormick's flavoring right now, and I love it. I just made sure that it was not oil based, and contained only flavoring, PG and alcohol. I am vaping some strawberry that I made up using it, and so far, my lungs and my atomizer are both healthy. I just added the flavoring to a 50/50 pg/vg mix with no sweetener of any kind and I am getting a wonderful fresh strawberry taste that I dearly love. I also did the same with the banana flavoring and it was also quite good.
In my area of the country, sometimes we have to improvise with what is available and hope for the best.

Last edited:

TomCatt

Da Catt
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Upland, PA
This has been discussed before more than once, to no conclusive end that I've found. Like here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ion/175730-red-flag-going-up-vaping-oils.html

On the government approved thing, keep in mind that the type of consumption in question there was through one's digestive tract; your lungs—over time—might have a different opinion.

I've seen that McCormick stuff and have been tempted to experiment myself—but, well...I ain't a lab mouse.

I know!! Let's give it to Mickey, he won't vape it, he hates everything! Hey Mickey! LOL ;)

MsWit

Feb 12, 2011
Peoria, IL
Just stopped by this thread to see the answer. As a (previous) candlemaker, there are a lot of supplies in the craft world for candy flavoring. Although I have never tried any, you might check them out.

I found one that lists the ingredients of theie "natural" line of flavors. Most contain VG and grain alcohol. Probably similar to what you found with your McCormack, but they may offer more variety than your local grocery store.

Here is one on-line supplier: https://www.lorannoils.com/c-202-new-natural-flavors.aspx

I'm sorry to hear that you stopped vaping. I hope you will be back! Especially to let us know how your testing of flavors goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread