Status
Not open for further replies.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Lots of good people doing lots of very useful charts, graphs and articles, and last night for some reason, I found myself tossing up links to them quit a bit, so... I thought I'd take the ones I've used the most* in the last week, and put them all in one place. Rebuildables seemed like the best choice for sub-forum.

• Battery max amperage and minimum resistance chart. Credit to Baditude for the making and updating the list in the first place, and to Steam Turbine for taking that list, calculating safe resistance values and making a chart out of it. (original thread link for commentary)
  • Up next is a coil wire / wraps / resistance spreadsheet. This comes from a thread started by nerak, contributed to by many... then recently turned into a nice spreadsheet, that is continually updated by ancient puffer.
  • Mech voltage drop testing. This is an ongoing standardized test process by Calivapers member - jkuro. It gets updated as people drop off or send him mechs for testing. Probably the most accurate & unbiased mech test list you'll see.
  • Understanding batteries. This was recently written buy member TUC, and is one of the best written, most detailed and well researched articles I've ever had the pleasure to read. Do not blow this off... even battery savvy people will enjoy this.
  • There's no such thing as knowing too much, at least when it comes to batteries... so, for your reading pleasure, Baditude's blogs on the subject. Part I, Part II and "Basics for mods - IMR or Protected".
  • Ohms law calculator. There are a zillion of these on the interweb. TUC has one on the Invape site... and the one I've linked to is just one I happen to like. You don't like it? Keep looking... I'm sure there's something out there that will suit your personal tastes.
  • Kayfun 3.1 user manual. There are a boatload of Kafun 3.1 "clones" out there... and this is the 18 page manual for the original Svoe Mesto Kayfun 3.1. If you have a Kebo, EhPro, Tobeco (or a forgery from one of 53 other Chinese companies that seem to make a Kayfun knock off)... you might want to look at this, so you understand just how much time and effort went into the original product.
  • Silver conductive grease. I'm don't have any connection to this product other than I've used it. I've listed it because it's not easy to find if you don't know where to look. If you can afford it, this may very well be the ultimate in conductive grease products. "Mech Grease" can be a bit of a hot button issue, so... the link only with no additional commentary. ;) If you have an electronics supply store in your town, they may stock it, or something like it.
  • *How to use a DMM (digital multimeter). There's nothing extensive on ECF, and considering the variety of meters and number of generic and model specific guides already written, there's no reason for anyone to do so. I found one for the "SparkFun" DMM. Seriously... that's the name SparkFun. I kid you not. :p (actually, the Sparkfun website is pretty cool, if you get a chance check it out) - I've reviewed most of this, and it appears to do a good job of it without burying a n00b in techno-babble, and you have a choice of written or video. There are hundreds more tutorials on line. Don't like this one? You know the routine.
  • How tank type atomizers work. Lots of pressure differential tanks out there, from Kanger and iClear clearos, to Kayfuns, Squapes and Taifun GTs.... all pressure differential. Written for new users with clearo questions, but if you don't know how your Russian 91% works, have a read. Written by some dillweed who shall remain nameless.
That should keep most occupied for awhile. As always, take it for what it is, do with it what you will.

Ciao...

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
No credit to me gents... the effort to write the compiled list was a good deal less than the efforts to write the original articles and charts.
I guess it's too bad though that this will slide off into the ECF twilight zone and not be seen by new users... within just a few days. I guess, at least now when a new vapist asks the usual questions, we can kill all the birds with one stony link.

Good find Thrasher... The MG grease has been on eBay for awhile, but at a higher price than Vetco sells it for, so the Amazon price is, by comparison, excellent.
It's funny actually... no matter what it is, no matter how esoteric or strange - insignificant or cheap - Amazon and eBay will have it, and usually from more than one vendor.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
LOL I am a HO for amazon...

in the last year I
built my pc through them
got my jewelery there
get my electronic junk there (best price on my fluke)
Guitar amps and parts
DIY lab supplies.
Recording gear
games
camera
fishing gear
battery charger
kitchen stuff
work out equipment
car stereo stuff

My friend was joking about wanting a rubber duck for the swimming pool. so I ordered a whole case of lil rubber ducks. the look on his face was priceless when he came home from work and the pool was filled with toy ducks LOL

amazon and my wallet are on a first name basis lol

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
No credit to me gents... the effort to write the compiled list was a good deal less than the efforts to write the original articles and charts.
I guess it's too bad though that this will slide off into the ECF twilight zone and not be seen by new users... within just a few days. I guess, at least now when a new vapist asks the usual questions, we can kill all the birds with one stony link.

Good find Thrasher... The MG grease has been on eBay for awhile, but at a higher price than Vetco sells it for, so the Amazon price is, by comparison, excellent.
It's funny actually... no matter what it is, no matter how esoteric or strange - insignificant or cheap - Amazon and eBay will have it, and usually from more than one vendor.

I hope not. It's appreciated. Thanks.

Good luck!

:)

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
2-17-14 Addendum: Many of you have already seen this, and there are a few threads in some other sub-forums with the link... but as you all know, you can't update a post after X hours - I believe 24 is the ECF limit - and not many visit my blog, so... for those that are still unaware:

A coil build calculator for PC, developed by ECF member Dampaskin and called "vape calc" has become available. It includes not only an ohms law calculator, but a coil wrap estimator that includes parameters like ID, target resistance and variable coil counts.
A webpage that every PC using, RBA vapist should have bookmarked. As everything you need is at one point of contact, any Ω-law calculators you may have bookmarked have become redundant - unless you just like the 'style'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread