mech mods anonymous

Status
Not open for further replies.

milescadre

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
tbh, I never could get say with my VTR. The most use it has had lately is as a ohm meter =T half thetanks I have either are too big to use on it, or dont fire on it (my areo tank seems ot hate my vtr). And theo nes that do work dont work well enough for me ot enjoy them XD

I *might* sell off my VTR, idk yet

EDIT: to keep on topic, I'm hunting a mech mod to replace my nemesis, but its hard to find it. It'd be exclusively for drippin, which is why I am heavily considering a valkyrie. It'd be perfect ^^

TBCAmor

Verified Member
Jun 4, 2014
Denver, CO.
Look at my avatar... I've purchased a brass Stingray, a black copper Stingray, and an akuma, all,clones in two weeks. Lol. I feel you man. I also bought a Tesla and a VTR within this month. Once I got into rba's and rda's, it was over from there. I went nuts. I'm done for a while. I'm very pleased with my mechs.

I totally understand, though. I got one, it was awesome, and therefore I had to have more. We don't need a group, justify your purchases... they are worthy tools to enjoy vaping and save your life from horrible tobacco.

Also, agreed that it is a hobby have fun with it.

Last edited:
I have to agree with the above posts, there is no end in sight with this obsession with new mods.
Although I will say that I have zero interest in buying any more drippers, bought an authentic dreadnaut and can't seem to put it down.
I have been vaping for three months, I have 4 Mech mods an mvp2, and the dreadnaut. I have bought 2 drippers, a kraken, ithaka, kayfun, iclear X.1, and a stack of clearo's.
When I get that feeling that I may have an obsession I just look around the house and see all the other stuff that I used to collect and realize that this is a collection (that is for the first time ever) that is actually useful and not just sitting collecting dust.

Have fun with it, it is a hobby, a collection, and it is keeping you away from the dreaded cancer sticks.

rhean

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
Yeah, it turns into an addiction. RDAs are the worst, though. They're shiny, tiny, cute, cheap if clones, all a little different from one another so there's always the temptation to buy just a few more...I can't stop buying them. I only own three mechs, though, but thinking of the Vanilla (don't own a copper clone yet) and maybe just ONE more...maybe the GP Paps clone, or the brushed King on FT...and then there's the Anatolian.

Then I'll be done rofl. Not.

STILL cheaper than smoking, and way more fun.

Kr3wsk8er

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2014
SB/LA 808-213
My name is Matt and I am a Vapeaholic. It has been 1 week since my last purchase. Today was a hard day, I went down to the local B&M, like so many of us do, and saw an authentic Pegasus. The cravings came on so quick, before I knew it I had pulled out my credit card and attempted to purchase it... It was declined. I tried my debit card, and had insufficient funds. The insanity of my disease had me calling my wife asking where our money was. She had told me she had moved our checking balance into our savings since I had left the house, and she knew I would surly be at the vape shop. I don't ever think I will be free from this obsession, but I take it one day at a time.

BSN-671

Verified Member
Apr 28, 2014
GUAM, USA
the only way to solve your addiction to find 'that' mod that you love and stop using all others...but that'll only last until the next mod is released.

for me, 'that' mod is the mcr-101 for me at the moment. i have no desire for anything else and have sold off everything else.

Same here. For me it's the AR Mod. Sold off everything else besides a couple box mods. Then purchased a couple more AR's in various finishes...:(

At the moment just purchasing RDA's.

Noble Gas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
California
My name is Matt and I am a Vapeaholic. It has been 1 week since my last purchase. Today was a hard day, I went down to the local B&M, like so many of us do, and saw an authentic Pegasus. The cravings came on so quick, before I knew it I had pulled out my credit card and attempted to purchase it... It was declined. I tried my debit card, and had insufficient funds. The insanity of my disease had me calling my wife asking where our money was. She had told me she had moved our checking balance into our savings since I had left the house, and she knew I would surly be at the vape shop. I don't ever think I will be free from this obsession, but I take it one day at a time.

[Everyone, all together now] HI MATT!

Yep, many of us feel your pain. I'm disabled and broke and am only on my second mech, which is going to HAVE to be it for some time. Imagine the horror. I spend a lot of time window shopping and oo-ing and ah-ing at all the gorgeous mechs out there that I will never be able to afford. But like the man said, it's all better than smoking and that's the important part.

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
I've got it! Limited edition custom made shinyitis mods. One for each of your 12 steps ;)

On a more serious note, over on the over 50 thread one person said they've managed to get a handle on things by putting everything they wanted into a wishlist. If after a full month it was something that they still wanted it'd be bought. But most often they could pass on the item instead. Perhaps this method would work for you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread