Status
Not open for further replies.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
It really just comes down to what you really want and will use. I like mechanicals like the telescope and LavaFire. I really don't have that much interest in VV because of the type juice, ohm resistance and voltage I use and prefer. I have a VV Gripper that I love...but not really for the VV feature. I like the stealth (and comfort) design, and the ohm checker and battery level checker. The PVM makes it so even when I set it at 3volts...it hits like it's 4 volts: like a freight train (to me). That works for me. But otherwise, my other VV devices like the LT, Twist, kGo VV, etc. lay in storage pretty much ignored.

It all depends on what and how you vape.

Quoiyaien

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2012
Beautiful BC
I really like the simplicity of mechanical mods... so much less to go wrong, and when it does, its easy to fix...

Also, you can simulate the effect of VV by using various resistances (easiest with rebuildable atomizers).

I personally like to have both... I have an iHybrid enroute, and will be picking up a provari shortly as well.

I really want to get a mech mod with a 510 connection... hmm I think I will post a thread about this...

Cheers!
:vapor:

Quoiyaien

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2012
Beautiful BC
Yeah, the classies are awesome! I bought a Zenesis standard and 130ml of full strength pluid from there... I didnt wait one post over 20 (or is it 25? I dont remember, either way I didnt wait at all... lol)

If you have paypal it takes no time at all... there are other ways but i dont remember what they are...

Is there only one mod that handles verification? (the person , not the PV, :p )

Cheers!
:vapor:

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
I prefer the electronic voltage regulated mods simply due to the fact that they put out a consistent amount of current throughout the charge cycle of the battery.

So even at 3.3V remaining on the battery, the booster circuit in a voltage regulated VV device set to 5V will give you 5V...

On a mechanical mod, the voltage will drop as the battery drops... So you will see pretty hot vaping initially, and it will get cooler and cooler as the battery discharges.

You also don't get the safety features that an electronic mod offers, like reverse battery detection, low resistance / short detection, low voltage detection, etc.

And lastly, there is a potential to deep cycle your batteries on a mechanical mod, that a well programmed electronic mod can avoid... The electronic mods will usually cut themselves off at somewhere around 3.2V... So you don't fully deplete the cell.

All that said, with few exception the electronic mods out there all look pretty bland to me... All the artistry and craftsmanship goes into nice mechanical mods.

So there is certainly a market for both.

I'm a tech geek though, so until I see a mechanical mod that I just can't live without, I'll always go for electronic over mechanical... Main reason being the safety features and consistent vape experience.

Heavyrocker

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
Toronto,Canada
Both are god for their own reason, the mechanical will be always there for u but the electronic will give u more power when battery is low... All depends in a way u set up ur attys!!!

If you use a LR atty with at 3.7 thats all ya need,i just feel the Vamo is just too freaking big,even in 18500 mode and the firing button is in an awkward position to access,i want something powerful that fits in my pocket like the SCOPE,and it will fit in knife case perfect to stap on your belt even in 1865 mode,try that with the Vamo and looks like your carrying a billy club.

Last edited:

lebeatnik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2012
San Diego, California
I am looking for a mechanical mod too (already got the electronic) I think get both too unless you cannot afford it. I started my verification process last week by pay pal and i am still waiting. Mod must be really busy as i am waiting almost 7 days now and with pay pal AFAIK all he has to do is verify i am verified and that my email matches (according to the thread) so if it only takes a couple min per verfication he must be very busy and backlogged so as soon as I get verified ill be checking out the classifieds ASAP. Its just too bad i did not get verified before the chinese holiday as i wont be able to get into a co-op until after march (that is if thier are any after april)
in all when i get verified ill be on thoes classifieds like a fly on .... Sorry more like a moth to a flame lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread