Mechanical reos will be seeing some upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

TastyKakes

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2013
Philadelphia
I'm waiting on my LP TRA to bust out my 35a efests.

ETA Gotta rock the Patriot that I got from FB with a .6 ohm coil.

Not trying to derail the thread or start a riot, but anyone read any further into those 35a efests being nothing more than relabeled LG ICR batteries?
I don't know if it an issue with knockoffs or the real deals being falsely represented, but there have been several people reporting a lot of issues with those in a Facebook group I'm part of...
That's why I haven't even bothered trying them out yet...

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
The SX30 is a good battery. It doesn't hit as hard in the middle but it has a nice long middle range. some folks that use them build their coil a little hotter to compensate and really milk the middle.

I have them but still prefer the Samsung's. :)

:2c:

Fair enough... I'm rocking them with a rm2 w/dual coils @ .8-.9. I just got my first Reo and rm2 about 6hrs ago. Good start? I need 26 gauge, it's hard getting sub ohm with 30.

Rmcgloth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Sandy,or
Fair enough... I'm rocking them with a rm2 w/dual coils @ .8-.9. I just got my first Reo and rm2 about 6hrs ago. Good start? I need 26 gauge, it's hard getting sub ohm with 30.

While you are ordering, try some 28. IMO, 26 makes a veeeery long coil to stay in a reasonable range. Just personal preference, I am sure others love the 26, and I still use it sometimes. There is a heat up time difference for a 12 wrap 26 vs a 7 wrap 28. I like quick hits, so I go for the 28. 27 kanthal or Rene 41 gives you a happy medium.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
my go-to-stay-there is 26 nichrome... micro coil a la superXdrifter's chart ID. (have never come across Rene wire) but thicker wire and nice micro ID gets a longer coil surface if you are aiming for 0.4+ Ohms. I guess i get about 6 or 7 wraps.
( I aim for .37 or so, because the resistance will go up a tad in a hard days usage). :vapor:

When you're around .4 to .5 ohms range the response time is quik enough.
The coil lasts and lasts in my RM2 and my Origen dualie b/f...

*** re: the boobie prize ding ding ding... I have yet to see how low someone went to frazzle that gold spring :facepalm:

{where's that "evil" icon thingie when you need it?}

edit; never even bothered trying Mundy'sMagic wire; I just know i'd flub that one.

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
Not trying to derail the thread or start a riot, but anyone read any further into those 35a efests being nothing more than relabeled LG ICR batteries?
I don't know if it an issue with knockoffs or the real deals being falsely represented, but there have been several people reporting a lot of issues with those in a Facebook group I'm part of...
That's why I haven't even bothered trying them out yet...

"re-branding" is a loose term. i believe AWs have long been known to be screened Pannies and Orbtronics have long been known to be screened sonys/pannies. both are re-branded.

no idea about the efests. just sayin re-branding can be a good or bad thing.

TastyKakes

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2013
Philadelphia
"re-branding" is a loose term. i believe AWs have long been known to be screened Pannies and Orbtronics have long been known to be screened sonys/pannies. both are re-branded.

no idea about the efests. just sayin re-branding can be a good or bad thing.

I didn't wanna be so bold as to say "passing off" LG ICR batts as high drain IMR batts, without having any real evidence - but I've seen many people claiming just that.
Just thought I'd mention it in the hope that someone reading could weigh in with additional info.

ltrainer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
upstate ny
So I got both of the kits installed. Piece of cake with the videos. Thanks for the links. Question though- are we still doing the Noalox thing? The contact point is so much bigger with the new firing pin. Not sure if it is recommended anymore.
Generally no to the Noalox. however if you are getting sparking as some have then a little dab will do ya.

JonnyB88

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Elgin, IL, USA
JayEatsAirplane just installed the new contacts into his Grand. And then sent me this. (Edited for ECF friendliness :) )
Plus, a bonus GoT reference!

987m2a.png

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
The bottom screw (for the spring) that came with my kit is not counter-sunk so that it sticks out and makes my Grand all wobbly....anyone else get a screw like this? What did you do about it?

You don't get a bottom screw with the kit you're supposed to use the bottom screw that was already in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread