Status
Not open for further replies.

tribalmasters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2008
United Kingdom
I know the ecig can deliver nicotine (good for our schizphrenic non-smoking
friends and nicotine addicts) but could it be used to deliver other drugs? I have seen on the forums it being called a drug delivery system so could it be used to deliver like cold remedies? Maybe for delivering ibuprofen for super quick pain relief? Drugs such as benzodiazepines such as Valium (diazepam) during anxiety attacks maybe? it would be too fast acting for some drugs like that maybe? Sorry if this has been asked before I have not seen any posts about it. It would be awesome to vape away anti depressants or that awful pain of muscle tears or broken bones!

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Ecig.com sell a 'health' liquid for ecigs that supposedly delivers vitamins.

Mentalist on another thread has been vaping a liquid that contains vitamin E.

I've been looking at information about xylitol (I have sensitive teeth and it's good for teeth, gums, bones, etc, etc,) Xylitol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Apparently it's very soluble in water.

The problem is that there's not much research on delivery of drugs by this method. Nicotine has been researched; somebody posted this link http://www.uchsc.edu/sm/waring/webpages/secondlevel/science/vitamine.html; I read something somewhere about sodium ascorbate being inhaled as a source of vitamin C; TBob has just told us about his findings on propylene glycol and it's germ killing effects when inhaled. There isn't much long term clinical evidence of effectiveness or safety of inhaling most stuff. We just have to make it up as we go along and hope for the best.

Keep us up to date if you do find studies on inhaling drugs, it may be important for the future official approval of ecigs. If we really do have efficient, safe medical devices then we need to sell that to the authorities when the time comes.

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Here's a patent application for a vitamin C inhaler Direct application of vitamin c to the lung tissue and respiratory passages by use of an asthma medication-type inhaler or similar inhaler invention

"My invention is to make an aqueous solution of sodium ascorbate, which has a neutral pH and is the most soluble of all forms of vitamin C and apply it directly to the lungs and respiratory passages by way of an asthma medication--type inhaler or similar inhaler, thereby bipassing the digestive tract and administering a topical application of vitamin C directly to the tissue which most needs it, in the case of smoking damage or respiratory ailments"

Edit
Oops, forgot to mention, there's an article here about the benefits of inhaling vitamin E http://www.lef.org/news/LefDailyNews.htm?NewsID=2335&Section=AGING]Life Extension Daily News

Last edited:

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
This has been suggested, but so far only vitamin A, B or C is being offered in the liquid. There are, of course, many obstacles that prevent someone from just adding a drug to the liquid that will become vapor. Is the substance rendered useless by the heat? How much is needed in the lungs to be effective? It all needs study, and I hope e-smoking devices remain legal long enough for a few labs to study effective drug delivery via our personal vapor inhalers.

About six months ago, I suggested to E-Cig that they might want to use herbals in their liquids, since the Chinese have a history with herbal preparations. The only response I saw was introduction of the vitamin "health" liquids. No herbals yet.

I might add that I've tried adding sublingual nutrient liquids to e-smoking liquids. Whoa! The taste was awful!! Likely didn't do an atomizer any good, either. Just more problems when we mess with the mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread