Medium and High Nicotine Snuffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgriego

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2009
New Mexico
I thought I would start a thread on this topic since it has been my quest since I began snuffing to find snuffs high in nicotine. My problem is that I also want the snuff to be pleasing to the nose. I will post some of the snuffs here that I have deemed to be high and or medium content in nicotine.

It is subjective somewhat as there is no posted nicotine content on snuffs therefore what I deem high someone else with higher tolerence might deem medium or even low. I rate nicotine content of snuffs based off my satisfaction levels when I partake of it, many low nicotine snuffs like for instance "Peach Melba" have a pleasing scent but I find myself stuffing my nose every 4 minutes where I can take some "Honey Bee" and be content for some time.

Anyway here goes for the first one and please feel free to add your own.

For the purpose of deciding which thread to place a snuff I am using a scale of 1-10 for nicotine content.
1-5 goes in the low thread, 6-10 goes in the high thread. Once it is in the thread I will try and keep the ratings on the star scale 1-5 stars

Last edited:

dgriego

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2009
New Mexico
This is Hard core snuff and is not something you even want to try if you are seeking wonderful scents to stick up your nose, but if you are looking for nicotine at it's strongest this is the snuff for you.

It is very coarse, very moist and very stinky. I grew up with horses and this snuff reminds me of mucking out a horse stall, the kind of mucking where you are digging it all up and replacing the dirt floor, high ammonia, which will fade if you leave the tin open for awhile.
Lovers of this snuff say that one should never dry it out but that is what I ended up doing with mine. It is one I rarely touch, it delivers the nicotine but I get no pleasure from it.
It is difficult to take, again lovers of this snuff suggest that one simply stuff "gobs" of it up the nostrils. I did try this and received such a nicotine hit that I was stuck sitting in my chair for some time. It made my nose run buckets.

Very dark, very moist, very stinky, this is a "manly" snuff, not one I would want to take out in public (being the lady that I am LOL).

For nicotine content I would give this 5 stars plus 1
For scent I would give it a -3, mind you if you like earthy, barnyard snuffs you just might love this one.

dgriego

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2009
New Mexico
I just got my first tin of this early this week. I must say this one delivers on the nicotine and is pleasing to the nose!

It is a very fine grind. It is said to be unscented but I detect something other than tobacco, but it is faint. For the most part it is a tobacco snuff with some nutty and floral scents buried deep within.
The nicotine is very good on this one, it has some burn and it reminds me somewhat of the White but much easier to take in. I am very pleased with this one.

For nicotine I give this one 5 Stars
For scent I give it 3 (the reason for this is that I prefer scented snuffs and this one is very faint other than tobacco).

Good stuff, if you are looking for nicotine and are not inclined to stick poop up your nose try this one. It delivers.

dgriego

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2009
New Mexico
Well this is my last review this morning and then I am off to work. This is a hard snuff to review but I will give it a shot.

This one is very fine and very light colored although it is not really white. It is difficult to know what it smells like, as even the smallest sniff is rather painful. It seems to be mostly tobacco without much scent at all, kind of nutty.
Taking this is very very hard; I am still trying to actually get a good sniff of this snuff. Having a moist nose is necessary to taking this one in as the slightest sniff seems to carry this one to the upper portion of the nose, which is then followed by an intense burn and possibly a sneezing fit.
I think nicotine content is very high as the tiny portions (sesame seed size) that I have been able to sample seem to satisfy, perhaps that is why it is so difficult to sniff, putting a large portion of this up one’s nose might just lead to cardiac arrest. I think one could use this snuff to wake the dead. I have even tried wetting my finger, rolling my finger in the snuff and then sticking my finger up my nose and trying to coat the inside of the nose with the snuff (do not try this in public) so far that is the most effective method I have used.

Tread very carefully with this snuff, in my humble opinion it is far more difficult to take than Rooster, and the burn is more intense. Do not take this off the back of your hand and for goodness sake use tiny portions!

I give this one 5 stars for nicotine based off what others say, as I have not had enough of it to really judge.
I give it 2 for scent, that might be higher if I could only get a good whiff of what it smells like without the top of my head blowing off.

TWISTED VICTOR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
The edge of Mayhem
Here's my take, C.

BULLSNUFF Recipe #1

Very nice upper side of medium to coarse grind and moist. I prefer a little drier, but that's just my personal preference. Most, I think, would find the moisture content just right. Very easy to take, as good as it gets in my opinion.

The orange is easy to find, yet not noticeable. It lends more to sweetness than citrus. And spicy...???..I don't have the faintest idea how you did it. Really, the best I can describe it is a less complicated Spanish Gem. I don't mean to be lame, but that's all I think of after a couple sniffs, blow, wait, sniff....I've used it 6 times throughout the day, both sides......Spanish Gem's little sister for sure. Not quite as spicy, but close, and a bit sweeter.

A pleasant snuff with medium nic, no burn (slight with a good snort) and easy on the snotlocker. Hang-time is averaging around 30 minutes for me. After 30 I get a little scent if I stick my head it the fridge. I don't know what your next batch is like, but this one came out very well. I feel it's one everyone would enjoy and mild enough for a starter.

If I were to customize it, I'd probably have some of dg's Rustica thrown in for more of a bite, and add a little smokiness, then leave the rest of the recipe as it is.

Impressed is an understatement, Dred. You really have a feel for this.

dgriego

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2009
New Mexico
Sounds like I missed out on a good thing with DB's BULLSNUFF. He should be able to fix it up like you suggest as he said he had ordered some leaves.

I am waiting on DB to review the Rooster in here, or perhaps TW would like to, I have tried it but it was not to my liking and I think it is worthy of a review coming from someone who appreciates it's finer qualities.

Hopefully OTD will chime in and post his review of the Honey Bee since it also deserves to be in this thread.

I am trying to decide which snuff to put in here next. I think I will go with something that is more medium nicotine.

Off to have a look in the snuff box and see what needs snuffing and reviewing!

I did in my snuff review, just breaking into big blocks.

I revisited bs#1 once it dried a ton more, I had it in a punctured top lab 1 that I forgot about. Once bone dry it can be reground. sweet orange and spiced once it dried out to bone dry, very close to molen in texture.

The cinnamon is almost not there the clove gone and what is left is sweet orange not bitter orange that goes to slight floral spiced note. The hang time vanished down to around normal 15-45 minutes..

The order of the leaves is on my list along with some natural toast bulk bag tonight but before the takeitinthesack act I am going to bulk order bee, dental dry and three thistle. also HDT#22 in bulk from WOS. and any of the others being a reorder of the I cannot live my life withouts.

The only issue I see if any if I mix is not able to make back money at non wholesale leaf pricing. So IF I do make it in batches it will be limited runs to actually cover cost.

Vaporer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2009
Away..
Nice threads DG.
I probably wont be doing many reviews but will be reading closely. Nicotine I do well with but many scents I just dont smell on a regular basis. One day bang, there they are. It would be tough to give a good review. Faint florals sometimes I never find that others say are right there. Honey Bee is one thats true to its name and rock solid always as are a few others.

I'll be on the sidelines reading the reviews for my future pruchases appreciating all the input.

dgriego

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2009
New Mexico
This snuff is black, very black,so black it is almost purple. I like it a lot but have to be careful taking it out and about as a pinch almost always gets on your nose!

The snuff comes in a tiny 10g container that is packed so tight it is like a brick. I swear I think there is 20g in there. They must use some kind of special press to squeeze it into such a tight brick. I had to transfer mine into a jar as it was packed so tight I could not spoon it out.

This snuff is very exotic although they describe it as tobacco, it is full of scents and they are difficult to place. I think of it as the good scents I would smell if strolling through a Indian marketplace, spices, florals, musks.There is some menthol in there but it is not overpowering, it just blends well with all the other scents one gets from this snuff. None of scents in this snuff overpower, they are all there and they hover in the background causing you to pause and try and capture what they are. Very good stuff, I will order this one again and again and again.

Nicotine content is there. I would give this snuff 3 stars for nicotine within the med-high group. I have used this one a lot in the evenings and it has kept me up. The scent from this one is 5 stars plus a few. One of the things I love about this snuff is trying to place exactly what it is I smell, it seems to change a lot.

Last edited:

Skrymr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2009
I started a snuff blog to keep things straight for me. Here are a few from there:

Wilson's of Shire Lemon Grove. An excellent snuff. Heavy lemon zest flavor, with almost no sweetness to it. Fine grind, dark color, a little moist. Don't let the flavor fool you, it can be hard to take and it will hit hard if you're not careful. A definite re-order for me.

Toque Lime Toast. My first toast, and a pleasant surprise. Nice tangy lime flavor with no sweetness to it. Fine grind, light color, dry. Use caution when taking it. An excellent snuff. A definite re-order for me.

Dean Swift Bezoar- Another surprise snuff. Menthol and anise seed. Do yourself a favor and take this snuff as a pinch in the fresh air. The flavors come alive that way in an amazing way. Fine grind, medium low moisture, medium high nic. The worst part of this snuff is the can it comes in. It's the most difficult can to open I've ever had. Possible re-order. I got this one locally, and the only menthol snuff I like... so far.

Skrymr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2009
Her are my reviews of the scotches in my collection.

Honey Bee- a sweet scotch from Swisher. This is the sweet scotch. Light flavor of sweet tobacco with a honey flavored throat drip that is quite pleasant. Light color, fine grind, tread carefully taking it. A must have for me.

Square- a smoky scotch from Swisher. This was my first smoky scotch, and the one that all others are measured against. Plenty of smoke in this one, like standing by the chimney of a smoker. If I do get throat drip, it's pretty flavorless, and it makes my nose run. Darker color, fine grind, be very careful taking this one. A definite re-order.

Three Thistles Strong- a smoky high nic scotch from Swisher. Lighter smoke flavor than Square, but similar taste. Throat drip is pretty much unflavored, and the nose run seems to happen with all smoky flavors for me. I honestly don't mind, it's not that bad. Use caution with this one also. A definite re-order.

Railroad Mills Macaboy- A scotch form Swisher. This a moist dark scotch with heavy bergamont flavor. the bottle it comes in sucks for pinching, which is my preferred method. High nic and fine grind, but the moistness makes it easier to take than most scotches, but still tread carefully. Not a re-order for me.

Tuberose Sweet Scotch Snuff- made by the Conwood Company. I get a very light smokiness from this snuff, and so far nothing floral or sweet about it. Overall a pleasant diversion from the heavier smoke of other snuff. Just a hint of bitterness that isn't unpleasant. Fine grind, dry, typical scotch consistency. Maybe a re-order.

Three thistles Sweet Snuff- made by Swisher. Very little smokiness, a little sweet. Very nice. This one surprised me. I was expecting more sweet, but it's just not there for me. Some might think of it as bland, but I like it a lot. Typical scotch texture. A re-order for me.

Honest Scotch snuff- made by the Conwood Company. For a description, see Square snuff. They are similar in almost every way, except Square still has the heaviest smoke flavor of any I have. Probably not a re-order, but now I can say I've tried it.

Rooster- made by US Smokeless. The Snuff. According to what I've read the one by which all others are judged. Medium-heavy smoke flavor with a slightly bitter back note. High Nic, not at all unpleasant. Hard to take, it will punish you for not being cautious enough. Probably not a re-order, but I can say I've tried it.

Strawberry- made by Swisher. A lightly sweet, almost plain snuff. One of my favorites. Very fine grind, dry, good nic hit. A must have for me.

Peach Sweet snuff- made by the Conwood company. Lightly sweet, no peach flavor detected. Very similar to Swisher's Strawberry snuff. Maybe a re-order.

Standard snuff- made by US Smokeless. Smoky, very nice. There is something about this one that's different than the other smoky scotch's, but I can't put my finger on it. I'll have to stick with it to figure it out. I definitely like it. Possibly a re-order.

Lorillard sweet snuff- Made by Swisher. Lightly sweet, just a faint hint of smoke. Very nice, like strawberry. Fine grind, dry, typical sweet scotch. Possibly a re-order.

Buttercup Sweet Scotch- by Swisher. This one is pretty bad. A sweet acrid/artificial taste to it that just sits the wrong way with me. I'll try it a few more times to be sure, but this one might end up on the trading block.

Skrymr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2009
I really like the square you sent me skrymr and have more on order but when I first take a pinch or two of it, I can feel it hit behind my eye if that makes sense. It's hard to explain but it really hits me hard when I first take it in.

Yup, I understand completely. Since I like mostly the fine dry snuffs, that feeling is very familiar. If nothing else, snuff teaches patience... :D

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
Her are my reviews of the scotches in my collection.

Honey Bee- a sweet scotch from Swisher. This is the sweet scotch. Light flavor of sweet tobacco with a honey flavored throat drip that is quite pleasant. Light color, fine grind, tread carefully taking it. A must have for me.

Square- a smoky scotch from Swisher. This was my first smoky scotch, and the one that all others are measured against. Plenty of smoke in this one, like standing by the chimney of a smoker. If I do get throat drip, it's pretty flavorless, and it makes my nose run. Darker color, fine grind, be very careful taking this one. A definite re-order.

Three Thistles Strong- a smoky high nic scotch from Swisher. Lighter smoke flavor than Square, but similar taste. Throat drip is pretty much unflavored, and the nose run seems to happen with all smoky flavors for me. I honestly don't mind, it's not that bad. Use caution with this one also. A definite re-order.

Railroad Mills Macaboy- A scotch form Swisher. This a moist dark scotch with heavy bergamont flavor. the bottle it comes in sucks for pinching, which is my preferred method. High nic and fine grind, but the moistness makes it easier to take than most scotches, but still tread carefully. Not a re-order for me.

Tuberose Sweet Scotch Snuff- made by the Conwood Company. I get a very light smokiness from this snuff, and so far nothing floral or sweet about it. Overall a pleasant diversion from the heavier smoke of other snuff. Just a hint of bitterness that isn't unpleasant. Fine grind, dry, typical scotch consistency. Maybe a re-order.

Three thistles Sweet Snuff- made by Swisher. Very little smokiness, a little sweet. Very nice. This one surprised me. I was expecting more sweet, but it's just not there for me. Some might think of it as bland, but I like it a lot. Typical scotch texture. A re-order for me.

Honest Scotch snuff- made by the Conwood Company. For a description, see Square snuff. They are similar in almost every way, except Square still has the heaviest smoke flavor of any I have. Probably not a re-order, but now I can say I've tried it.

Rooster- made by US Smokeless. The Snuff. According to what I've read the one by which all others are judged. Medium-heavy smoke flavor with a slightly bitter back note. High Nic, not at all unpleasant. Hard to take, it will punish you for not being cautious enough. Probably not a re-order, but I can say I've tried it.

Strawberry- made by Swisher. A lightly sweet, almost plain snuff. One of my favorites. Very fine grind, dry, good nic hit. A must have for me.

Peach Sweet snuff- made by the Conwood company. Lightly sweet, no peach flavor detected. Very similar to Swisher's Strawberry snuff. Maybe a re-order.

Standard snuff- made by US Smokeless. Smoky, very nice. There is something about this one that's different than the other smoky scotch's, but I can't put my finger on it. I'll have to stick with it to figure it out. I definitely like it. Possibly a re-order.

Lorillard sweet snuff- Made by Swisher. Lightly sweet, just a faint hint of smoke. Very nice, like strawberry. Fine grind, dry, typical sweet scotch. Possibly a re-order.

Buttercup Sweet Scotch- by Swisher. This one is pretty bad. A sweet acrid/artificial taste to it that just sits the wrong way with me. I'll try it a few more times to be sure, but this one might end up on the trading block.
What?.....No Checkerberry yet Skr??? All those US snuffs and you left that out?....Whats up?...LOL(Nice List!)

:)The Wiz!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread