• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Meet us At The Florida Mall 7/11/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
I started to say at 7/11 But I didn't want people gathered at the mini mart going..Huh?

Anyway on the north side (Sand Lake Side) of the mall there is a food court entrance. (between Lord and Taylors and Saks)You come in past the smoking area and Ruby Tuesday's. Just inside is a food court. Want to meet in front of Chic-Fil-A? Or should I try at noon to get a big table at Ruby's? That could be hard..maybe meet at 2 to 5?

From I-4 coming from south..Tampa ect. take the 74A exit..that's for Sandlake (482) Turn right onto Sandlake.

I am not sure what the exit is for coming from the north..74A or B, whichever one says Sandlake 482. Eastbound or left onto Sandlake.
Go to the corner of Orange Blossom and Sandlake..pass thru that intersection and you will see the mall on your right. Stay on that side of the mall and look for the entrance to the food court and Ruby Tuesdays.

From the turn Pike exit 254 then North on OBt to the mall entrance.

If you are confused go to mapquest..I get lost so I am the last one who should be giving info.
I tried to post a map but it wouldn't work.

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
13, HUH? The fight? What in the world do you do for a living that there are fights?:evil:
Sorry you can't make it..but I am hoping Ivisi has these a few times a year. I also hope the people in other areas of Fla. do the same! I want pictures people!
Oh I am getting a few vendors e-mailing about sending cards. They won't make it in time, but maybe for next time. Don't forget to request cards when you order!
Can someone print a couple of pages of ECF addy's to pass out? My printer is on the blink again..the two hamsters running my computer are getting old.:rolleyes:

VA Slim

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2009
Boynton Bch., FL USA
Gosh, Mary Kay....I hope not. It's such a good idea to "vape'em if ya got'em" in a group. I would be there if it were after the 15th, can't leave town due to business. Please post any other meets in the future and count me in. Starting a small group here in little ole' Boynton. My son, my BFF, her daughter-in-law, and my office admin. have been converted, although newbies, they're coming along getting off the analogs. I know there must be others in this area. I have run into people who tell me, "oh I saw someone smoking one of THOSE the other day".

Also, thanks for all of your good posts and information. Would love to meet you and others from this forum someday soon in O-town.

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
Va..Make sure you post in the Fla club when you decide to have a mini meet! Maybe there are some others who would like to P.M. or post for a time and place.
Sounds like you have the converting bug too. I love to give people the "lecture" LOL Mike just rolls his eyes. The lady at Wagreens seemed interested. I sure hope so. I gave her this site and my name.

Ivisi

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
Orlando, FL
www.composed-chaos.com
I made a sign It says:
E.C.F.
Fla. Vaper's Club
It is black and white and will be held by a little dark haired person..me LOL
I hope to see some of you at the mall at 12pm in front of Chic fil a .:rolleyes:

I got sent out of town for a client on Thursday and managed to walk out without my laptop when I left. Got back late last night (HATE OVERNIGHT FLIGHTS, GRRR). I'll be there by 12:30 at the latest.

Ivisi

Ivisi

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
Orlando, FL
www.composed-chaos.com
Ok, that place was a madhouse. I don't think I could have found you even if you were lifted up on a forklift holding a 6' long neon sign blinking "Hey, You, I'm over here!".

Got there right at 12:30, but took another 10 minutes just to find a decent parking spot. Had my youngest with me, so I wasn't about to dare to park way out too far from the door. I walked around the Chick-Fil-A area for about 15 minutes, but couldn't really find anyone, so I ventured out into the rest of the food court for about another 15 minutes. I figured there were soo many people there, it may have been impossible to find a good spot. Wound up getting something to eat at the A&W root beer place (the little one was starving), then tried again for about 20 minutes before jetting out of there.

Last time I was there, and it's been several months, the place was a ghosttown almost. Of course, that wasn't during tourist season, and I generally stay clear of those places during the summer as best as I can.

So, i say we give this another try. This time, let's try to think of a place where we can get at least a guaranteed spot to meet up. Driving around the area today, I was surprised at the number of restaurants around there that I had forgotten about. If everyone's up for another go, I say we keep the area the same, but just change the location.

Ivisi

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
Well I got there at 12:15, Mike dropped me off at the food court entrance and I had my sign in hand..Nobody in the smoking area, I went to Chic fil a and walked around with my sign and nobody came up. I asked at Ruby Tuesday..no one. Mike found a parking space and bought me lunch. I had my sign sticking out of my purse..I got some very odd looks! The security passed me twice and read my sign. :oops:

We walked around the food court and then out to the smoking area..I passed out cards but since I had my sign sticking out of my purse..No one would look me in the eye!!! I guess they thought I was selling something or begging. (I had nice shoes and a purse..I do not look like a bag lady (well at least I didn't today):p

We went over to see the Smoking Everywhere kiosk. Are you guys kidding me? The guy all but jumped on us. Mike said we were just looking. The guy asked if we smoked like it was a crime! I said no, I vape...that crossed look came in his eyes like Oh NO! It's one of them...! He asked what I smoked..I showed him my 901 and he sneered! I showed him my Nicostick and he looked at me like I was a nutball. So I asked if they sold liquids..he said in a voice that carried 3 kiosk's down "No! That stuff is awful tasting"!

That did it! I had been pleasent and polite. I got mad. He was already moving away from me like I had swine flu. I said at the top of MY nasal telephone operator voice..Liquids last longer are cheaper and taste better then anything in this rip off place. As he beat a retreat, I tucked several cards from my favorite vendors among his boxed sets!:evil:

All in all It wasn't a bad day, I gave out ECF cards and vendor cards, I had a nice lunch with my hubby and I got to yell at somebody, other then Mike! Cool!:thumb:

Maybe next time I will find one of you..we need to be better prepared! Or at least maybe I need a bigger sign..like I didn't look like a big enough nut!

Ivisi

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
Orlando, FL
www.composed-chaos.com
lol, I wished I had A) seen that and B) remembered there was a SE kiosk even there.

We probably passed each other a few times. But like I said before, unless you were standing right in front of me screaming and yelling, it's not surprising that we missed each other. I was afraid a few times of my 3-year-old getting trampled, there were so many people shoved in the food court area.

And sheesh, I can't believe I didn't camp out the smoking section outside. I've gotten so used to steering clear of the whole area, that it didn't even cross my mind. :mad: The mad cow is starting to really kick in more often.

And yes, totally agree that we need better organization next time. Since we missed our first meeting, I call for a second first meeting at an actual restaurant where you have to be seated, so that if one of us is late, we don't wander around like an escaped mental patient. I'll start a new thread with a poll listing the places in the Florida Mall area, and we'll take a vote on it.

I'm done with traveling at least until my next vacation at the end of the month (off to Tampa that week, I plan on riding every Busch Gardens ride at least 10 times each). The one this past Thursday was an emergency for work, but I was only sent because the two normal guys who usually do the traveling to clients were both on vacation, so I became 'default guy'. Yay Me! :p

Ivisi

redjazzy1

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2009
Florida
I didn't see anyone either... I tried to be organized and on the up and up with the venues but it seems I was met with "we don't want to deal with this" more often than not. And that's the kiosk i bought my first one from... i asked about the liquids too but the guy didn't seem to know what i was talking about... and then they're cart stock was awful... i won't be back to spend any more money there with that kind of behavior. My life seems to be settling down a bit so I can definitely be a bit more dedicated. I can try and work some contacts for an august date... anyone have a weekend curfew or is a night out with a great band and some drinks and vaping sound good? we can spread the word to the club crowd! And this Thursday the 16th I'll be vaping at Salsa at the Florida Mall from 5-9!

13ways

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Orlando, FL
Just about any day of the week I can do the night thing. As long as I am home by midnight Im set to get enough sleep for work. On Saturdays and Sundays I can be out later as I am off Sundays and Mondays. I tried to vape in a local Irish pub but was met with the owner telling me I cant. I would have put up more of a fight but I was already rather intoxicated because I had been watching a fight at another establishment prior to going there. I may try again another time when I am not such a blithering idiot A.K.A. drunk as all hell.

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
And yes, totally agree that we need better organization next time. Since we missed our first meeting, I call for a second first meeting at an actual restaurant where you have to be seated, so that if one of us is late, we don't wander around like an escaped mental patient.
Ivisi

Ahem..Ivisi, I wouldn't be that mental patient you are refering to, would I? :rolleyes: I seem to resemble her very much! Me with a sign...geeze!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread