Mega PCC, charge seems to last half vs USB, normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOPS

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2012
Curious question... I ordered (and received) my starter kit last week. I went with the Mega PCC. I have noticed that the battery indicator in the PCC for the PV batt is not accurate(?). When I place a batt in that has blinked 4 times and will not produce vapor, the PCC shows that it is half charged. Also, when using a batt that has been charged in the PCC it lasts (approx) half the time that one charged on the USB charger lasts. Is this just normal for a mobile device (charging one batt from another batt)? Just to clarify, I am not a heavy "vaper". When I say they last about half the time keep in mind, one charged in the USB charger lasts me more than 1 full day and one charged in the PCC lasts 8-10 hours. As you can see I'm still getting great life out of them, just wanted to make sure the difference in charge is normal. I don't know all that much about AC vs DC power... SI already offered to replace the PCC, but I'm not a wasteful guy. I'd rather find out if something is truly wrong before I waste product (even if it is their loss not mine). Great service though SI!!! Fast response back to my question, and immediately offering to make it right! I recommend SI to everyone that asks me about my PV!

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
I'm not really sure how to respond to this one HOPS. I can say that the battery charge indicator is kind of an arbitrary thing and I really don't rely on it much myself. I never noticed a use difference on batteries charge on my or my wife's mega PCC though. Maybe check with SI and see what customer service has to say.

Last edited:

HOPS

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2012
when charging on any charger...the thing to rely on is the ash tip LED on the battery. If it is out and on a working charger it is fully charged... regardless of any other indications/lights etc.
Just wondering if there was a correlation between the PCC showing the PV batt as half charged (when initially placing on the PCC to begin the charge cycle) and the fully charged PV batt seeming to last half as long (vs charging on the USB)...?

Imagine

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2011
OHIO USA
www.SmokelessImage.com
I am not sure but I think the issue is more with the connection the batt is making to the PCC.

Just wondering if there was a correlation between the PCC showing the PV batt as half charged (when initially placing on the PCC to begin the charge cycle) and the fully charged PV batt seeming to last half as long (vs charging on the USB)...?

HOPS

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2012
Update to anyone interested... I tracked every charge time and every use-discharge time over the past week. The use time I get from the PCC is the same as the USB when the PCC battery is fully charged (1st and 2nd charge). After that (charge 3 and 4) is when the use time gets shorter... I simply attribute this to charging a dead battery from a half drained battery. I would assume that this would be normal, at least it makes sense to me...

1st Officer

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2012
Central Virginia
Update to anyone interested... I tracked every charge time and every use-discharge time over the past week. The use time I get from the PCC is the same as the USB when the PCC battery is fully charged (1st and 2nd charge). After that (charge 3 and 4) is when the use time gets shorter... I simply attribute this to charging a dead battery from a half drained battery. I would assume that this would be normal, at least it makes sense to me...

Sounds reasonable but I only use X2s with the household or car charger, but it sounds reasonable. If you want to be sure take Heather up on her offer and see how the new one performs.

HOPS

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2012
Sounds reasonable but I only use X2s with the household or car charger, but it sounds reasonable. If you want to be sure take Heather up on her offer and see how the new one performs.
Well, even the ones from the PCC that "don't last as long" are still lasting me 6-8 hours (as opposed to the 10-12 hours I consistently get from the USB charged ones). I don't think it's necessary for them to waste one for a 4 hour difference once in a while. Absolutely awesome that they immediately offered to replace it though! I didn't even e-mail them asking for a new one, just asked if this was normal. Heather said she wasn't sure and said they'd replace it. Great service!!! I'm totally loving SI!

1st Officer

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2012
Central Virginia
Well, even the ones from the PCC that "don't last as long" are still lasting me 6-8 hours (as opposed to the 10-12 hours I consistently get from the USB charged ones). I don't think it's necessary for them to waste one for a 4 hour difference once in a while. Absolutely awesome that they immediately offered to replace it though! I didn't even e-mail them asking for a new one, just asked if this was normal. Heather said she wasn't sure and said they'd replace it. Great service!!! I'm totally loving SI!

:thumbs: Best CS in the business, hands down!!!

dmalezic

Sep 1, 2012
Zagreb
Not to open a new topic i have qiestion regarding PCC. So i put battery to charging in pcc and when pcc says it is fully charged i take it out and then i put it in usb charger to control if it is really charged. And then unexpected, battery keeps charging for 30 more minutes!! And pcc says it is full. And another thing, i charged battery in pcc and iz is only one battery charged and i have 1/3 left in pcc. Isnt it weird?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread