• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Members Small Profile and Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeroi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2010
Singapore
by using the below advise, Post the below info and share your ideas etc on the E-Cig / Vaporizer and how it have help you Quit Smoking tobacco. Write the info by replacing the (content)

--------------------------------------------------------
Quit smoking tobacco Since: (dd/mm/yyyy)
How you get to know e-cig: (if you have members referral, pls state the nick)
Used Brand Models :(Brands and Models)
Current brand Models: (Brands and Models)
Best Favor like: (Liquids Flavor)
Story: (Write a Short stories on how you know this and how it benefits you and your loves one. Don't write too Long....:laugh:)

~~~~If you have posted that you have not used any device or waiting for your Orders, Pls do Update your Own Post from Time to time where needed, treat it like a small Public profile~~~

~~~~Each Post is only entitled to one SG Members~~~~

Last edited:

valour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2010
Singapore
Quit smoking Tobacco Since: (07/01/2011)
Used Brand Models: Joye Ego Mega Type A cone atomizer
Current brand Models: Joye Ego Mega Type A cone atomizer (waiting for my Ego-T to arrive)
Best Favor like: Anything with Menthol and Mint

Story: Being a smoker for the past 18 years, I do think of quitting smoking. I did had a few attempts to try quitting but yeah I fail of cos. Until about 6 months back I was surfing net and by accident I found out that there's something call the Electronic Cigarette on this planet. This arouse my curiosity and I start to dig more about it feeling more and more excited. I told myself.. this could be it, this could be the thing to help me quit I will definitely want to grab hold onto one of these. Just when i was about to place an order, I remember our infamous custom, then i went to search for any details or sign that this E-cig could or might be a contraband item here in SG.. yeah to my great surprise and amusement.. BINGO.. its a contraband item. I feel so disappointed and angry about my finding. How and why the government ban such a good thing which can help smokers quit their bad habit. I'm really really feeling very frustrated about this!!! Day by day went by I started to forget about this and smoking and puffing away as usual. Until when 2 months ago, I happen to came across E-cig website again. And since I got nothing to do I start to search more for links.. linking here and there and I found ECF. After reading some posts in ECF, I realise actually there's way to get PVs into SG, I feel so excited about it again.. I am definitely going to get one this time. And hell ya I m not a smoker anymore since the day i got my PV. I am a vaper now and a proud owner of a Joye Ego.

My family dont have to smell the second hand smoke I produced when I'm smoking anymore!!!! :)

I try to keep my story as short as possible already but I think it's still alittle bit too long..Sorry about that.

Thanks all for reading

sylvester

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2011
Singapore
As the title goes,
for me, I was a smoker for 6 years and i've been vaping and analog-free for around 2 weeks already.
Quit smoking Tobacco Since: (06/02/2011)
Used Brand Models: Janty eGo
Current brand Models: Janty eGo
Best Favor like: Still Experimenting

Story:
I got to know about the 'e-cig' concept quite sometime ago and i was in fact, very skeptical about it. Only until recently, when i went to thailand and tried out one of the cheapskate e-cigs, i was amazed by it. When i returned to Singapore, i was bent on getting one. Google-d and i found ECF and hence this SG vaper community. With the help of the members from this community, i got my PV and i'm a happy vaper now!

The Benefits:

after the first 12 days of analog-free,
I tried an analog just for the fun of it and i noticed...
DAMN! IT TASTED LIKE BURNING A PIECE OF BURNT RUBBER!
i can't believe for 6 years i have been inhaling that .... into my lungs!
I was on my 3rd puff on the analog when i started to feel like puking because of the disgusting taste
when the analog reached its halfway mark, i threw it.
and for 5 minutes after that, i still felt like puking cus of the taste in my mouth.
from then on, i knew, i can never go back to analogs.
my sense of smell is improving.
nowadays, i can even smell how smelly the air in our MRTs are (the old model ones)

When i was a smoker, i'd hide this habit from my family. (it's a taboo to be a smoker in my family)
I do feel guilty about it but yet, i still lied and continued the bad habit.
Back then, when a family member suspected me of smoking and requested to smell my hands,
i'd come up with various excuses such as, "don't you trust me? no! it's my privacy!" etc
Now,
whenever they suspect me of smoking, i happily offer them my hands for them to sniff with a wide smile on my face :D
That guilt-free feeling is just priceless. :p

they say the greatest invention of the year of 2003 was the iTunes. I say the greatest invention for 2003 is the 'E-Cig' or rather, the PV!

hope i don't get striked for writing such a long entry! :p

icemangrafx

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
L.A
Quit smoking Tobacco Since: (02/02/2010)
Used Brand Models Brands and Models: 402 ecig,mini pipe,KR808D-1.
Current brand Models: mako minno,GGTS w/AVS,Janty ego standard.
Best Flavor like: Mint,coffee,cherry,cola & green tea.
Story: I got to know ecig from a friend who introduced me while overseas.He was vaping a coffee flavor.I tried & it's good.Bought a set and that was my first ecig but the quality was very poor.The atty died on me on the 2nd week.I started to Google it & bought a 2nd hand mini pipe.Too much leakage from the 801 carts & battery sucks.Got myself a KR808D-1 online but battery does not hold charge long.Constant charging is required.Carto doesn't produce much vapor & hard draw is needed.Invest in a mod which cost a lot & got myself a GGTS W/AVS.Uses 510 atty.Finally I found the holy grail!Tonnes of vapor from 510 atty as what the hype on the net.Versatility of the mod allows me different configurations & battery types.The mako Minn was the smallest mod I have which came in same time as the ggts.Workhorse is ggts,while minno for overseas trip.Small to fit in a pocket with button lock.Downside for it is battery end not sealed.I drip,so if atty is flooded,not good sign for the battery.Now,I have ego,for replacement.Battery is sealed,easy to use while overseas.Waiting for my tank now.With vaping,noone knows I used to smoke since no trace of stinky smell on me except some liquid flavor.Choose wisely.Some liquid does smell bad.Best is cherry,green tea & mint.

Jay

vintage6767

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2011
stupid place
Quit smoking Tobacco Since: (07/05/2011)
Used Brand Models :(Janty and Joye Ego)
Current brand Models: (Joye Ego T(Tank) A and B
Best Favor like: (Melon and Red Bull)
Story: Been smoking since i was 13, now 28 and actually am quite strong that I won't go to any mart and say: (Marlboro red please) hahaha. Influenced by 2 friends of mine whom they talk like a salesman, saying it's economical, odour less, tasty, air plane cig, can puff while riding or driving without wasting cigarette, smoke when we just needed 1-2 puff. Finally decided to get from HC and before my orders came, I was paranoid and could not sleep well and even dreamt e orders stuck", it's that bad. It arrived! I got 2 sets, 1 set for my gf. Now we are vaping away and saying no to cigarettes which we feel it's very amazing how this device can do to us. Shiok Max ! Vap for Life !

Last edited:

xingku18

Aug 29, 2011
Singapore
Quit smoking Tobacco Since: Not yet but really smoke alot lesser
Used Brand Models : never try b4
Current brand Models: Ego/Vgo ( been looking for new set API-A580 anyone dan help?)
Best Favor like: So far only try strawberry.
Story: Been smoking since I was 12. (I'm 34 this year). Super heavy smoker. Saw my friend someday using vapor find that was really cool. He mention to me it legal in Sg and can smoke everywhere in Sg even in mrt. Sometime we really like challenge our Singapore government law so ask him to help me get a set. I paid him $150 that include a refill(strawberry), USB charger. WTF?.. After I join this forum I knew I get con. NB so stupid. Shall check b4 I buy from him. Anyway still looking for other better vp cos this was a used de. (T_T)

Best car dealer in Sg

Last edited:

drjin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2011
little china
Quit smoking Tobacco Since: Counting down to it

How you get to know e-cig: Know abt e-cig for a couple of yrs but didnt really get into it till recently when i found this forums =) ,ever since got some stuff from a friendly bro here and got to know more abt it in deep.

Used Brand Models Brands and Models: Ego-T, ego-t usb 3 mode vv(care package has arrival)

Current brand Models: Ego-t

Best Favor like: Mixed a few fav from PH with BM2 =)

Story: Well am 33 this yr and started to puff away heavily like 11yrs ago.(1 1/2 to 2 pack per day) Well since i took the plunge into it i really hope i can quit analog totally. For a start i hope i can cut down to 2 day for a pack as a starting goal. Story TBC =)

Last edited:

ma17fred

Jul 28, 2011
Singapore
Quit smoking Tobacco Since: (i will say stop smoking since 18 July 2011)
How you get to know e-cig: (Friend recommendation)
Used Brand Models Brands and Models- Janty Jet
Current brand Models: (Janty Jet)
Best Favor like: (only tried Janty polo mint & RY4- both seem acceptable, except excess polo mint give u a dry throat)
Story: (As indicated above, i got to know and purchase it tru a friend. I been smoking for 13 yrs since and hope to give a stop. Till now, e-cig seem to work even the taste is diff. trying to source n get a methol taste similar to NEXT menthol

anchorhandler

Jul 8, 2011
SEA
Quit smoking Tobacco Since: i havent totally stopped just yet. but definitely i dont crave for analogs anymore. just sometimes when i ran out of batteries and couldnt get it charged or when i do ran out of juice sometimes, i go for a quick fix but couldnt finish a cigarette anymore as the taste isnt as good as it was before. i started vaping (03/6/2011)
How you get to know e-cig: Ive read about e-cig on a local (philippine) forum and was curious as to what it is...did my research on which brands/models to get for newbies who wants to try e-cigarettes.
Used Brand Models Brands and Models): currently using joye ego pt and a filipino mod inspired by GGTS called barbell V3.
Current brand Models: (Brands and Models) still using these two but im eyeing a vari-volt ego which can switch from 3.2-3.7-4.2 volts
Best Flavor like: (Liquids Flavor) ive tried lots of juice from melon to food and coffee flavours but i still keep a tabacco flavoured juice as my everyday vape liquid.

Story: I have been a smoker for 18 years. ive tried and tried to quit for as long as i can remember only to find myself lighting up another cigarette. having found this e-cigarettes, i think its my best chance at quitting eventually. planning to cut down my nicotine as i just started from 18mg. hopefully be down to 0 nic soon.

andrew9030

Verified Member
Sep 4, 2011
singapore
Quit smoking Tobacco Since: haven't started.
How you get to know e-cig: through websites and friends.
Used Brand Models Brands and Models - none.
Current brand Models: none.
Best Favor like: none yet.
Story: i have been somking for 8 years and daily 2 packet per day. so my friends suggested me to get e-cig so that even though i couldn't cut down my smoking but at least it save quite a sum of money from using juices and smoking analogs. so i do hope that i could get my kit soon with low budget due to i just got sacked from my boss.

sup3rm2n

Verified Member
Sep 8, 2011
Singapore
Quit smoking Tobacco Since: not yet

How you get to know e-cig: Friend bought me to try a disposable type of e-cigg that cost me $9.99 USD, tried it out, loved it, and wonder why stinkapore dont have such "stuff" in world class country.

Used Brand Models Brands and Models : havent gotten mine yet, considering janty ego, but abit expensive, considering other options

Current brand Models: none

Best Favor like: would love menthol if they have it !

Story: started smoking even before i was even legal to do so, tried to quit many times but found myself cheating again and again. start a puff from a disposable e-cigg and i fell in love with it. No smell, doesnt affect my love ones with 2nd hand smoke and best of all, give me a similar feeling to smoking.

well i love to for all the "lao jiao" or u could say old birds in the area of vaping to be patient with me and school me abit in this new unknown slice of heaven i discovered.

smokingtherapist

Sep 8, 2011
Sg
Quit smoking Tobacco Since: haven't started, hoping the day would be soon.
How you get to know e-cig: through a non-smoker friend who heard me .....ing about how expensive cigs are here, she told me of a friend's of her's in the office that smoke this e cig thing where he put liquids in it.
Used Brand Models Brands and Models - none yet, hopefully soon.
Current brand Models: none.
Best Favor like: none yet.
Story: i have been smoking heavily for 20 yearsand mind you I am only 33:) Upon hearing me .....ing about the $$$ and the cig tax in singapore, so a non-smoker friend suggested I try e cig, I found it online and was about to buy one, till a little voice inside my head prompted me to check if i would get in trouble with the law. OOPS! google search turned up some ugly info on our gov not allowing e cigs, prob cause they cannot tax it:) Shortly after that, I found this website, and I am reading there are many ppl here vaping, so I do have to find more time to read through everything and find the info that would ensure a less risky way to buy a PV. And hopefully start throwing away lighters and the regular cigs.

jimoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2011
fineland
Quit smoking Tobacco Since: Not yet
How you get to know e-cig: through power of google, but saw those ecig review from engadget.com and did some searching
Used Brand Models Brands and Models): Not yet
Current brand Models: Ordered eGo T, but have not arrived yet
Best Favor like: Not yet
Story: Wish I have a story, but I have yet to receive my ecigs. Been a smoker since I was 15 yrs old. Became a regular after O levels cuz that time had a 6 mth holiday waiting for poly. Nothing to do and went to LAN shop and chain smoked frequently. Ordered my first set of ecigs, hope they will help me to get rid of analogs. =)

raymondee

Sep 15, 2011
Singapore
Quit smoking Tobacco Since: still on analogs..sianzzz
How you get to know e-cig: fren who sell my iphone, and a couple of others
Used Brand Models Brands and Models) none yet, they recommend ego-T
Current brand Models: (Brands and Models)
Best Favor like: (Liquids Flavor) smoke between menthol and lights
Story: smoking since 15 liao, for 10++ years liao lor, getting way too expensive and can smell my own breath very smelly, esp when u kiss a female smoker. so looking for alternatives lor.

lighter

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Northern
Quit Smoking since: not yet, but cut down.

How you get to know e-cig: from Cool Gadgets at the Right Price - Worldwide Free Shipping - DealExtreme

Current brand Models: not sure, box stated "Health e-cigarette".

Best Favor like: no particular, still using the starter kit refill cartridges....dono wat taste....lol

Story: smoke since sec 2, try to quit few times but unsuccessful. Dont smoke at home, wife nag.

ahdex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2011
malaysia
Quit smoking Tobacco Since: (14/07/2011)
How you get to know e-cig: a fren of mine introduced me to eGo, but he when reo mini after that . (damn tempting).
Used Brand : joye from HC
Current brand Models: eGo
Best Favor like: Ry4 and red USA mix
Story: been smoking for about 10 years... for the past 5 years or so have been like 23+- 2 sticks a day... and well.. sad to say its burning my pockets faster then i can think of... go clubbing la gi worst.. need buy extra standby. until one day my fren intro me eGo... wow! first few mouths choke me to death... but nevertheless decided to buy a kit! and my 1 week wait began... keep pestering my fren. after it arrive my fren filled it red usa mix cause he didnt wanna use the waterchestnut flavor refills that come with it.. and well! cut short!!! see his and mine different! and his vape better! so i took a few of his ECHO haha!! didnt use stock. echo was way better.now awaiting arrival of my new toy!
happy vaping pple!:laugh:

Devilz

Verified Member
Aug 22, 2011
Tim Buk Tu
Quit Smoking Analogs since: 23/08/2011
How i got to know bout e-cigs: few friends of mine were using it and i started searching online
Current brand: Echo 1300mAh
Best favor: Red Bull
Story: Have been on analogs since 13 years old... tried to quit couple of times but always fail... and decided to stop smoking when i have started on my PV... and till today after 1 month i only want to vape... chose vaping to save money coz cigarettes really burn a big hole in my pocket...

Vaping rox! :)

Last edited:

ahdex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2011
malaysia
  • Deleted by Zeroi

lictenau

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2011
at home
Quit smoking Tobacco Since: Quit quiting (hoping to go tar free)
How you get to know e-cig: google
Used Brand Models : Mild Cigarette, bought from hongkong japanese label cartridge type.
Current brand Models: as above
Best Favor like: none yet
Story: Smoking since 1981, gave up quiting so going for a tar free option. my advice to all is that if you have not started, DON'T Start. Hoping to give it all up by the time I retire.:p

ronariel

Sep 26, 2011
singapore
Quit smoking Tobacco Since: today, just smoked finish my last pack of analogs
How you get to know e-cig: friend, then googled then here i am.
Used Brand Models : Echo
Current brand Models: Echo
Best Favor like: tried menthol so far only.
Story: a blink of an eye and ive been smoking half a pack a day for 4 years now (its kinda short compared to the rest here).I'm only 20 and i dont wish to regret not quitting earlier. Im putting my money on vaping to quit analogs from today onwards and eventually quitting for good.

circuitsucka

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2011
Tin Hill
Quit smoking Tobacco Since: i still use analogs on the toilet, dont want to smell my own sheeeit
How you get to know e-cig: friend, then ordered one generic one online from china and liked it. it fried soon after
Used Brand Models : brandless?
Current brand Models: Xhaler Mod - great thick smoke...
Best Favor like: menthol/caramel.
Story: Smoked since i was 11, over 20 years now.... pack a day! Soon found I am a high achiever - High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol, High Uric acid etc, so I am cleaning up my lifestyle now, going to try developing new vape flavours as I am in the food industry and there are sooooo many flavours I play with on a daily basis at my workplace.... working on Truffle, Real Vanilla and also Cognac (XO) + Pipe tobacco now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread