Men's Health Mag Article

Status
Not open for further replies.

desertlover

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Southern California
The new March 2015 issue of Men's Health has an article on e -cigs, starting on page 113. It is several pages long, sometimes accurate, sometimes not. The authors report the invention of the original e-cig and the personal story of one of their mothers struggle with smoking.

A variety of sources are quoted, studies, statistics and the fact e-cigs are too new for long term results. One pop-out box reads "Within the next decade, three tobacco companies will control 75 percent of the e-cigarette market." That is very concerning to me. I love dealing with the little guys and hope many will remain, able to make a living.

Concluding statement of article: "But thinking of those, like my mom who are already gone, I can't help but wish that Hon Lik's invention had come decades sooner."

I wish I could include a link to the article. Not that computer savvy.

Reactions: Lessifer

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA

That article is over a year old. The one the OP was referring to is this:
(link broken - remove spaces)

http:// www.menshealth. com/health/e-cigarettes-warning/page/4?category=men%27s-health-news

It starts out like this:

E-Cigarettes Aren't Safe

E-Cigarettes Aren't Nearly as Safe as You've Been Led to Believe
E-cigarettes may help you quit smoking. But they may also become habit-forming and kill you anyway
By Jim Thornton, March 26, 2015

I haven't read it yet, but I'm expecting it to not be as bad as the beginning.

Reactions: desertlover

desertlover

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Southern California
Thanks for your help guys.

Nicnik, in the magazine, the text you mention is in a framed box that looks like the warning on a cigarette pack, so I just flipped on by and didn't read the Warning box and what I thought was the same old thing.

I noted that if you go to "Full Page" view on your link, it brings up the article that most closely resembles the magazine article.

desertlover :smokie:

Last edited:

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
Thanks for your help guys.

Nicnik, in the magazine, the text you mention is in a framed box that looks like the warning on a cigarette pack, so I just flipped on by and didn't read the Warning box and what I thought was the same old thing.

I noted that if you go to "Full Page" view on your link, it brings up the article that most closely resembles the magazine article.

desertlover :smokie:

I clicked on the view as single page and got the exact same scare headlines, but I agree that it is a very touching (sad, though) story about his mother. I mostly liked the body other the article. Some of it wasn't good, a lot of it was, but the headlines were awful. I'm guessing the editors were responsible for that part. Thanks for posting it, desertlover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread