Menthol Flavoring and Recipe Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Straight up menthol tastes like Vapo Rub to me. I never got that from a menthol cigarette.
IMO menthol is menthol, brands don't matter, strength of their mix may.

The cooling agents like Koolada are supposed to be different.

My menthol is always 50/50 menthol and Koolada. The strongest I use is 1% each. I often have it with a mint.
I'll consider mentholating anything. (I wasn't a menthol smoker other than bummed smokes.) I always mentholate mints or mint-like flavors.
For a mentholated fruit I use menthol, koolada, peppermint, .33% each.

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
Thanks all. I want this to work so I'll get TFA Menthol and Koolada to mix with a tobacco and the FW candy cane. Might as well have options. @Marc411 what percentage do you mix the candy cane?
Koolada works but I much prefer WS-23 as a cooling agent. You can add menthol to pretty much anything. The trick is finding something that works for them.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm only starting out with menthols (swore I'd never use them but I have found I like menthol go figure). I have one drop menthol and I can't say much about it because I am not a menthol connoisseur, but START low. Should pair nicely with tobacco if it's a new vaper, I also find it goes nicely with some mint-ish flavors I have (Like a One Shot Mint chocolate chip ice cream) just gives it some oomph.

Anna

Reactions: dcdozer

dcdozer

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
Northern VA
I'm only starting out with menthols (swore I'd never use them but I have found I like menthol go figure). I have one drop menthol and I can't say much about it because I am not a menthol connoisseur, but START low. Should pair nicely with tobacco if it's a new vaper, I also find it goes nicely with some mint-ish flavors I have (Like a One Shot Mint chocolate chip ice cream) just gives it some oomph.

Anna
Thanks Anna. I got her started with the $1 Blu kit promotion, and there is a thread in the pod systems forum about how to refill and rewick the cartridges. Last thing to do is figure out how to make a menthol juice for her that will keep her going.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I'd try a mix w/o the tobacco flavour too - I smoked menthols cuz they tasted so much better (pretty bad tasting now compared to my vape ;))

My first ejuice was a simple menthol with a kick (menthol/mint candy and a cooling agent would work) - maybe a bit of sweetener.

Another option as Anna said is to add menthol/mint candy to a vanilla bean ice cream & sweetener. This was my all day vape for 4 months.

Vicman

ECF Veteran
    Jun 6, 2014
    Chicago
    I find mixing menthol and mints to be a perfect pair. My menthol of choice is FW menthol 2%, and have been mixing it with Koolada (TPA) .5%, Natural Mint (WG)(INW) 2%, and Peppermint (TPA) 3%. Found those by trying to get something similar to Halo's Sub zero which it is not even close. However, it is close to one from NicQuid named Smoothol. Been using it when out and about in an Aspire Breeze II and I find it satisfies the menthol itch. It is a strong menthol but not an uncomfortable strong. I find it to be much mellower than sub zero.

This mix is something I make for my brother every once in a while. He smokes and I have tried for years to get him to switch to vaping. He wont quit (yet) but he does vape occasionally and this is the only thing he will vape. He is a Newport smoker and uses this when he is in places or events where he can't smoke.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    I recently helped a guy who'd smoked Menthol ciggies for 35+ years...get started with vaping. I made him some Menthol tobacco (that he said he'd like to start with), and on the outside chance that he might like something better that wasn't tobacco flavored...I made him a 30mL bottle with only TFA Peppermint as a single flavor. Only used 3 drops of the Peppermint in it...and he loved it! He didn't even want/need to try the Menthol tobacco then. The Peppermint has been the only thing he wants me to make for him since then, and that was last December.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread