Menthol for a noob DIY'er

Status
Not open for further replies.

subversive

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2011
United States
I like Menthol Ice from Halo because it has a genuine menthol taste. Other companies tend to have a spearmint taste.
Seems to me that menthol, provided I can find a good genuine menthol flavor ( crystals? ) from a vendor, could be very easily made. I don't taste a tobacco flavor in Halo's Menthol Ice.

I'm sure there are plenty of recipes around, just wanting some input on what menthol crystals/flavoring others out there have tried and what they think is good.

Cyrus Vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
Bay Area, California
I think it has a tobacco base flavor, but I don't taste tobacco, if that makes sense

I think FA Latakia at 5% with some EM and a few drops of menthol comes really close, but is still missing something

I was trying to replicate this flavor, and then I just lost interest lol I started getting way to into pipe/cigar type/cig flavors, and I also discovered I prefer peppermint to menthol, which is strange, because I've been a menthol lover for years

do you need help making your own menthol drops ?

minitater

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
tennessee
www.minitater.com
I bought an ounce of menthol crystals on ebay for about 5 bucks with free shipping. Anyway, I crushed
up about 1/4 tsp and put them into my 30ml juice bottle and am very satisfied with the results. They took a few
minutes to dissolve, but it really gave me that strong menthol hit I was looking for. Made my fingers smell good too!

subversive

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2011
United States
Thanks, guys. I'll just have to try it out. It'd be nice to be able to make some simple DIY menthol liquid and be happy with it and save money. I think I'll order some crystals and dissolve them and see how I like the plain menthol. I'm not sure if I need a tobacco base to be satisfied. Guess I won't know till I try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread