Status
Not open for further replies.

LaceyUnderall

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2008
USA and Canada
Hello Suppliers!

If you are looking for a merchant account who is very familiar with the electronic cigarette and has NO PROBLEM with it, please feel free to contact:

jwatt@ecassoc.org

Please include your business name, contact name, phone number and address and an email will be sent to you with a contact name of someone to speak with.

jtmerch

Unregistered Supplier
  • Deleted by Timtam

Webby

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
USA
It's the banks not willing to participate in something the FDA has a problem with. Since most likely the bank is a government backed body. Now that the judge has ruled different, that may change, but maybe not. It's the same as PayPal not processing sales.
They think they are contributing to the cause.

Exactly what I've found. First Data (Autherize.net) does a fine job (IMHO)and has all the scalable tools a longterm online merchant could want. Paypal can conveniently use the "no tobacco products" clause like a flag now.

davidb

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
After hearing earlier that Authorize.net allows them I tried them back in November having used them many years ago when I needed a merchant account and know many others who use them and they are good. But they promptly denied me. Of course smokingeverywhere uses them, so its more of, if you are big enough they will not deny you.

I'm confused. Is it the banks that are considered "high risk" or the merchants?

High risk is due to charge backs and some other reasons. If a product is viewed as it can receive a lot of charge backs, its high risk. Also there is some risk because credit card companies also set their own rules on what can and can not be processed. For example gambling, tobacco, online pharmacy, etc sales online are not usually allowed by CC companies(Mastercard, Visa, etc) and result in heavy fines.

Webby

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
USA
Paypal canceled my site Too

Paypal can tout their "no tobacco" rule - especially since the decision.

Eric, sorry to hear about First Data. I've turned on several other suppliers to them with no problem. Glad to hear you found an alternative. Lacey knows some other good ones. Hopefully we have turned the corner from dark alleyways and worrying about sharing such info online for fear of standing out and risking our own processors.

Canute

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I was using First Data for the past month. Upon application they were supplied with my product info, my website address and I specifically opened the site for their review. I was even referred to them by a supposed affiliate company specifically being told they could handle e-cigarette related products. I was approved and conducted a full month of extremely lucrative business with them from which they were all too happy to deduct their fees. On Monday of this week they dropped me like a bad habit without so much as the courtesy of a phone call or an e-mail!!! They left me with a full days worth of pending orders (nearly 100) that I now have no way of processing. In addition I have 28 transactions for which I have approval receipts yet the funds have as of yet not been deposited!

Leaving the whole e-cigarette issue completely aside....I would never do business with these people again nor recommend them to anyone on the sole basis of their complete lack of professionalism and total unwillingness to stand by their approvals! Honestly I wouldn't care if I were running a flower shop and their services were free!

River

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2009
Independence, KY USA
I was using First Data for the past month. Upon application they were supplied with my product info, my website address and I specifically opened the site for their review. I was even referred to them by a supposed affiliate company specifically being told they could handle e-cigarette related products. I was approved and conducted a full month of extremely lucrative business with them from which they were all too happy to deduct their fees. On Monday of this week they dropped me like a bad habit without so much as the courtesy of a phone call or an e-mail!!! They left me with a full days worth of pending orders (nearly 100) that I now have no way of processing. In addition I have 28 transactions for which I have approval receipts yet the funds have as of yet not been deposited!

Leaving the whole e-cigarette issue completely aside....I would never do business with these people again nor recommend them to anyone on the sole basis of their complete lack of professionalism and total unwillingness to stand by their approvals! Honestly I wouldn't care if I were running a flower shop and their services were free!
Larry???

If this is you with Viking Vapor I was going to place a second order Tuesday and saw the notice on the site. You will know my order when it comes in because you will say to yourself, "who the hell orders 90ml of banana creme???"

That one was amazing! Good luck and hurry back.

marty_j35

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2009
Topeka,Kansas,USA
e-liquid8.com
I tried for about a month to get a merchant account, Merchant One, one of them. Basically no U.S. banks will accept merchants selling e-cigarettes and related goods. The only solution was to go with an offshore bank, which I decided not to do.

I think in time e-cigarette merchants being considered high risk will change, at least I hope so. My main problem is that I have to use authorize.net in order to integrate it with my store, but with some ingenuity, found a way for buyers to use their credit card, and I don't have to pay a monthly merchant account or gateway fee.
I'll continue my search, but for now, things are working out okay.

gxdia

Unregistered Supplier
  • Deleted by Elendil
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

whimzkool

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2009
DFW
I can't recall exactly what thread I read it, but I did read that some CC co's are pulling the plug on e-cig. sellers. Oh yeah, it is in relation to the PACT act. The CC's don't want the hassle reporting all the sales to their respective states for tax assessment. Good luck with that. We may have to use resort to money orders down the line. I know that a few of the cigarette/snuff/snus vendors are closing up shop soon as a result (too many hoops to maneuver through).

Rebel

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2009
Ohio
www.vcignature.com
I am set up In Integrated Card Service (ICS). 1.65% + .16 per transaction. My rep Eric Lacey listed me as Tobacco Products and underwriting approved me for 1 physical terminal, 1 wireless terminal, and 1 all purpose internet processing site. Every month i open a new Kiosk. Every month He Approves me for what i need.
Tell Him VCignature sent you. You can openly tell him that you sell ecigs. They are not rookies and i vouch that they get the job done are good rates. Eric earned my business.

ICS
Eric Lacey- Direct # 1-805-435-2789

Rebel

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2009
Ohio
www.vcignature.com
I am set up In Integrated Card Service (ICS). 1.65% + .16 per transaction. My rep Eric Lacey listed me as Tobacco Products and underwriting approved me for 1 physical terminal, 1 wireless terminal, and 1 all purpose internet processing site. Every month i open a new Kiosk. Every month He Approves me for what i need.
Tell Him VCignature sent you. You can openly tell him that you sell ecigs. They are not rookies and i vouch that they get the job done are good rates. Eric earned my business.

ICS
Eric Lacey- Direct # 1-805-435-2789

Eric called and thanked me for the business. He said that a good dozen people have called into him and he was able to get them approved. He also said that others have talked to guys he workes with and were denied because they did not submit the application correctly. Eric would like me to tell you to call him directly and he will walk you through the signing up process. Takes 10 minutes max. Please be sure to mention that VCignature sent you. Best of luck to you all.

Rebel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread