Merkava new Rebuldable Tank Atomizer by Chell

Status
Not open for further replies.

musicman21

ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2013
Washington Township, NJ, USA
Yep, I looked, too. I still can't really justify the price to myself though.
After buying the tengu v2, we will see about my decision as well. The rarity of an item always gets me in the end. Phenoms are looking to be the way to go though. That and the damn merkava. I like the fact that he has them cleaned completely before shipment. I really struggled with cleaning my tengu and aromamizer. I don't know which was worse upon arrival. Both took boiling water to get the taste out. :nah:

Reactions: Freedom2Vape

Freedom2Vape

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2015
Texas
I didn't have to use boiling water on the Merkava. I did use hot tap water, a toothbrush and dawn soap to give it a good scrubbing. It took 2 tries (I may have been a little lax on my first go through, though). At the time, I didn't have an ultrasonic cleaner - that has been rectified now.

Freedom2Vape

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2015
Texas
After buying the tengu v2, we will see about my decision as well. The rarity of an item always gets me in the end. Phenoms are looking to be the way to go though. That and the damn merkava. I like the fact that he has them cleaned completely before shipment. I really struggled with cleaning my tengu and aromamizer. I don't know which was worse upon arrival. Both took boiling water to get the taste out. :nah:
Just get both :D!

Reactions: Grrrr

musicman21

ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2013
LOL @Freedom2Vape @Grrrr @roxynoodle it does like quite the good idea. I'm still somewhat cautious with how many I should be buying at a time. With my graduate loans, these will be the end of me. 2 weeks ago when I bought two, amidst jumping for joy from life's little yet wonderful natural highs, I had a gut feeling there was something wrong with one of them..then they both failed me.
I didn't realize ubertoot was that expensive. I'll stick to my first choices.

Grrrr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2013
San Francisco via Manchester U.K.
@musicman21 If you lived a little closer I'd lend you both to play with. For what it's worth I think the Phenom is a great tank (I have 7) and is a little easier to build than the Merkava. The Merkava has an easier top fill though so.....Just buy them both and then sell the Tengu to me.

Last edited:

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
@musicman21 If you lived a little closer I'd lend you both to play with. For what it's worth I think the Phenom is a great tank (I have 7) and is a little easier to build than the Merkava. The Merkava has an easier top fill though so.....Just buy them both and then sell the Tengu.
sell it to me!! lol!

musicman21

ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2013
@musicman21 If you lived a little closer I'd lend you both to play with. For what it's worth I think the Phenom is a great tank (I have 7) and is a little easier to build than the Merkava. The Merkava has an easier top fill though so.....Just buy them both and then sell the Tengu.
Much appreciated. In an ideal world, that would be the best thing for me... Not happening. lol I just looked up your picture previously from a thread where you had all your rtas laid out for a good, solid scrubbin. I couldn't help but notice most of them were phenoms. I may sell the tengu once it gets shipped back, hopefully all ready to be used this time around. After all the fuss its caused me, it's hard looking at it with a great big smile. Would you say the phenom has much better flavor compared to the merkava, based on your experiences? Maybe with hmmm, tobacco/hazlenut juices? lol ridiculous questions to ask, I know

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
LOL @Freedom2Vape @Grrrr @roxynoodle it does like quite the good idea. I'm still somewhat cautious with how many I should be buying at a time. With my graduate loans, these will be the end of me. 2 weeks ago when I bought two, amidst jumping for joy from life's little yet wonderful natural highs, I had a gut feeling there was something wrong with one of them..then they both failed me.
I didn't realize ubertoot was that expensive. I'll stick to my first choices.

Look mate, to be absolutely honest, its a no brainer. Just go to the GUS site and order the following item.

http://gus-mod.gr/zencart_gus/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4_25&products_id=313

I was going to list all the bits but they sell the package now. Its an absolute bargain. 16 eur cheaper than the merk (whcih also doesnt come with a DT)...

Not sure if it comes with a DT but I doubt it. Worth checking!
I know you like a bit more air. I have tried the lite and it is very tight. The zest is probably on par with the momentous but probably still significantly tighter. I have the momentous full open and it is a restricted but comfortable LH and flavour to spare. It really is my fave at the moment just behind the spheroid v4.

You know it makes sense! In my humble opinion, this is one of the best deals on any high end, first class atty available anywhere at the moment!

Grrrr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2013
San Francisco via Manchester U.K.
Much appreciated. In an ideal world, that would be the best thing for me... Not happening. lol I just looked up your picture previously from a thread where you had all your rtas laid out for a good, solid scrubbin. I couldn't help but notice most of them were phenoms. I may sell the tengu once it gets shipped back, hopefully all ready to be used this time around. After all the fuss its caused me, it's hard looking at it with a great big smile. Would you say the phenom has much better flavor compared to the merkava, based on your experiences? Maybe with hmmm, tobacco/hazlenut juices? lol ridiculous questions to ask, I know

I can't really say how it will be with your specific juice but I obviously really like it. I have Wakonda in one which is a wonderful Tobacco/Coffee vape and one of my favorite juices and the flavor is stellar. I also have some Estia's, Kayfuns, Russians, Sat22 a Wave and a couple of others so it's not just Phenoms.

Unfortunately the proof of the pudding is in the eating and you're going to just have to go for one or the other and see for yourself, it's really the only way.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
lol Hey, if you want to, I may just sell it when it gets back to me, depending on the level of my hatred for it.
dont sell it to me. You have one and these attys are fantastic. Persist and get over the bad experience. It is a gem of a device and as someone said, they are like unicorn p00h. you have one of only 50 v2s that will ever exist. Unless you need the cash, keep hold of it and use it!! If you dont like it afetr a month or so and you still want to sell it, let me know!

musicman21

ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2013
dont sell it to me. You have one and these attys are fantastic. Persist and get over the bad experience. It is a gem of a device and as someone said, they are like unicorn p00h. you have one of only 50 v2s that will ever exist. Unless you need the cash, keep hold of it and use it!! If you dont like it afetr a month or so and you still want to sell it, let me know!
lol Thanks sir. It does make sense as the #1 choice. Gus rtas seem like a staple in most people's collections. Going for it....and yep. It's done. As for the tengu v2, you're absolutely right! Thanks man. :headbang:

musicman21

ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2013
I can't really say how it will be with your specific juice but I obviously really like it. I have Wakonda in one which is a wonderful Tobacco/Coffee vape and one of my favorite juices and the flavor is stellar. I also have some Estia's, Kayfuns, Russians, Sat22 a Wave and a couple of others so it's not just Phenoms.

Unfortunately the proof of the pudding is in the eating and you're going to just have to go for one or the other and see for yourself, it's really the only way.
That's the conclusion I'm coming to! lol Have to just take the gamble after all and put the facts and reviews of others to the side. Thanks for the help! Excellent forum to help people out with their hobby/obsession and vice versa

Unior

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2015
Tennessee
Firstly, sorry to hear yoiu arent happy with the Tengu. Im sure that can be sorted out!
As for the Phenom and the Merkava, for me the Phenom with the momentous base beats the Merkava so far although I havent really tried hard to tweak the Merk at all. The phenom is a great atty. Im now using it with the PMMA flat-top tank. Easy refill and looks great. In fact if you go that route and buy the PMMA tank (comes as a pair), the base and the extreme chimney it is significantly cheaper.
Flavour wise at the moment i reckon my running order is
Spheroid V4/Phenom/erlkoenigin equal 1st, closely followed by the GEM and Tengu, then hurricane v1.2, Aqua SE and tilemahos v2 equal, Squape Rs and Taifun GS2 and Merkava

but this order is a bit false as it depends so much on how they are wicked and if they are really paired with their most suited juice types etc. Its so very subjective. Thats what makes it fun!!
@TheotherSteveS how would you compare the Tengu v2 to the Merkava as far as airflow, ease of build etc?

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
@TheotherSteveS how would you compare the Tengu v2 to the Merkava as far as airflow, ease of build etc?

Airflow is similar. Tengu build is straightforward, two post build although the distance between them is tight even for a 2.5mm coil. The Merk is a matter of taste and practice although I still find it a bit
cramped but its difficult to explain as it is an odd deck design. The main issue for me with the Merk is the JC. I have struggled with juice flow for a while but eventually realised that, at least with build I currently have in there, I need to open the JF but maybe 4 full turns. Not sure how that fits with the experiences of others. Taste-wise I would say the Tengu is superior but, even if you can find one (try the classies here if you havent already seen it), its more expensive. Given there are so few of them around, be prepared to pay pretty much RRP or even more for a used device! Anyways,I like them both but if I had to get rid of one, Id probs sacrifice the Merk (and then buy it again later lol!)

One important thing with the Tengu is that of course, Tark is not making any more. That means that spares will be impossible to get hold of. I am think specifically of the posts, and the whole +ve post assembly all of which are different degrees of fragile. If you get one, be very careful when you disassemble the base for cleaning! In contrast, the Merkava, as befits its name, is built like a tank...:)

Unior

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2015
Tennessee
Airflow is similar. Tengu build is straightforward, two post build although the distance between them is tight even for a 2.5mm coil. The Merk is a matter of taste and practice although I still find it a bit
cramped but its difficult to explain as it is an odd deck design. The main issue for me with the Merk is the JC. I have struggled with juice flow for a while but eventually realised that, at least with build I currently have in there, I need to open the JF but maybe 4 full turns. Not sure how that fits with the experiences of others. Taste-wise I would say the Tengu is superior but, even if you can find one (try the classies here if you havent already seen it), its more expensive. Given there are so few of them around, be prepared to pay pretty much RRP or even more for a used device! Anyways,I like them both but if I had to get rid of one, Id probs sacrifice the Merk (and then buy it again later lol!)

One important thing with the Tengu is that of course, Tark is not making any more. That means that spares will be impossible to get hold of. I am think specifically of the posts, and the whole +ve post assembly all of which are different degrees of fragile. If you get one, be very careful when you disassemble the base for cleaning! In contrast, the Merkava, as befits its name, is built like a tank...:)
Thanks for the summary! I also was looking at the Gus-momentous deal that you quoted earlier in this thread but they are all sold out as of now. Which may be a good thing since I probably would have ordered one but then I read something you wrote comparing the phenom to the Merkava and that the airflow is better on the Merkava. I don't have to have a ton but I do like the option of having a little more at times. Decisions, decisions. My birthday is tomorrow & I am going to treat myself with something. Maybe I can just justify buying two!

Last edited:

drugarth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2015
Netherlands, groningen
I also struggle with the juice control....I can never tell how it's set and find it very hard to notice if the chamber is actually moving when I turn the driptip (at least I assume that is what you do when you open the juice control, just lift the chamber up a bit from the deck so juice can flow underneath it)...so I'm always wondering if it is open and how far....
It's also the same story when I want to close it to fill the tank...you can still turn the drip tip to close even when it's already fully closed....I can never tell when it's at that stage....it's the only drawback I have with the Merkava.

Maybe there are some tips, something I am overlooking?

Unior

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2015
Tennessee
I also struggle with the juice control....I can never tell how it's set and find it very hard to notice if the chamber is actually moving when I turn the driptip (at least I assume that is what you do when you open the juice control, just lift the chamber up a bit from the deck so juice can flow underneath it)...so I'm always wondering if it is open and how far....
It's also the same story when I want to close it to fill the tank...you can still turn the drip tip to close even when it's already fully closed....I can never tell when it's at that stage....it's the only drawback I have with the Merkava.

Maybe there are some tips, something I am overlooking?
Huh, that's odd. Seems like if it was closed you couldn't turn whatever part it is you turn any further. From what I have read you open juice flow from 2-4 turns but I can see if you don't have a starting point(i.e. Closed all the way) how this could be hard to figure out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread