Merry Christmas to me!!!!!! Thanks Shawn!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
ok so ..... 6 days ago.....

Invoice# 0000006097

So Close.... 8-o ... :cry:

Ah well, maybe one day i'll get lucky! For now, i'll be waiting to enjoy that juice i ordered.. Finally gonna try that deuce everyone's been talking about.. :D

oh man. now that was mean.

so tempted now :D

Ok now I owe you a thanks.

LitecigUSA
Invoice# 0000006100

I have been wanting a 401 case and some Deuce from Shawn but I had been holding off waiting for the XL carts and new Metallic red batteries to come in. But between your post and the free shipping over $10 I just couldn't resist ordering those two things and some 555 which I'm just about out of.

So...... thank you ;)

p.s. I honestly thought that it would have been passed already since it was 2 hours since your post. It just gave me a good excuse to let myself order ;)

and then today the mailman showed up!!

I was trying to think of the best way to tell what I found when I opened the package. But I was actually emailing back and forth with a friend when I opened it so...........

from an email right after opening it.
OH MY GOD!!!!!!

I xxxxing love Shawn at LiteCig!!!!!! (in a manly way of course)

He does a free kit with every hundredth order and I got lucky enough to hit it the other night. And the mailman (who I wanted to kill for not bringing it yesterday) just showed up with my package.

He sent me one of the new 905s!!!!

Woohooo my first "mod"!!!!
:w00t::w00t::thumbs: Thank You Shawn! :thumb::thumb:

and now when this first battery finishes charging(hurry up hurry up!!) I know what I'll be using to try my first bottle of Deuce liquid out. ;)

(p.s. when you made that remark:
well all thyestean got for his 100th order is unusually large chunk of coal lol
I almost made a smartass remark about there only being one thing on the site that came close to the size of a piece of coal. so it gave me a good laugh when I opened it too :p)

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
I don't know!!!! :(

lol the first battery is only 2.5 hours into charging. I thought about trying one battery straight out of the box but didn't want to chance ruining it right off the bat.

As for the unit it is the 2nd version seems pretty sturdy and is a great size. I can hide all but the cart and a small part of the atty in the palm of my hand. It looks really nice in black.

This will be my first use with a 901 atty as well (the one in my sig hasn't arrived yet).

svtboosted

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
Most review videos seem to be on the V1 version, which DID have issues (battery section not sealed, possible glue issues, etc). However, the V2 seems to address all these issues. I have a black one and it's not too bad at all, especially for the price. Long battery life from the 14500 battery, good activation switch position, consistent..

My only gripe with it is the power switch -- I love the idea of the power switch, but I feel it should have been a slider switch. With being just a push button switch, especially being on the bottom, it's easy to turn the device on and off. But, it's not actually turning on the atomizer, so all is well.

I wish it had better airflow for cartomizers -- in my experience, KR808D-1 cartomizers will work, but with a VERY tight draw. So tight you may get lightheaded. :D

Overall, a pretty good cheap mod.. :)

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
I have the stainless on the way. I watched a ton of video reviews and they seem to be 50/50. It does look like something I personaly would like tho.

Most review videos seem to be on the V1 version, which DID have issues (battery section not sealed, possible glue issues, etc). However, the V2 seems to address all these issues. I have a black one and it's not too bad at all, especially for the price. Long battery life from the 14500 battery, good activation switch position, consistent..

My only gripe with it is the power switch -- I love the idea of the power switch, but I feel it should have been a slider switch. With being just a push button switch, especially being on the bottom, it's easy to turn the device on and off. But, it's not actually turning on the atomizer, so all is well.

I wish it had better airflow for cartomizers -- in my experience, KR808D-1 cartomizers will work, but with a VERY tight draw. So tight you may get lightheaded. :D

Overall, a pretty good cheap mod.. :)

I've only watched a couple of the videos but I did happen to watch Grimms newest video on the V2 last night and he seemed a bit more impressed with the new version.

stv what is the approximate length of the battery life?

and.......................

after 3.5 hours I happened to turn to look out the window and the now green light on the charger caught my eye. :thumb:

Snagged that battery out of the charger and tossed the second one in it. Grabbed the 905 out of the box and stuck the battery in and decided to toss a stock cart on first. Not much vapor and not a great flavor. But I have yet to come across a pre-filled cart, for anything, that I did like the flavor of and the nic level is usually to low for me. Also for the past couple of weeks I have been almost exclusively dripping on a 510 PT.

After 4 or 5 drags with the stock cart I decided to switch it. Put the stock cart away and grabbed the blank that came on the atty and my bottle of Deuce. Wow! Great taste and vapor with a satisfying TH.

So for my first non-traditional style e-cig I have to say it is great. The size is really nice and the button placement works well for me. The bottom button I did have to be careful not to hit by accident the first few times I picked it up but have already gotten accustomed to it. The red LED ring is nice and bright enough without being blinding.

I definitely look forward to having this to use when in the truck rather than having to have a PT that keeps me tethered to the stereo.

As for the Deuce liquid.
I'm hesitant to give my impressions of what it tastes like because taste is so subjective and I wouldn't want to deter anyone else from trying it by guessing wrong at what is in it.
As far as how good it is though. I started writing this post at 3:44 and it is now 4:24 Every time I have reached for the 905 to take a quick drag I have ended up sitting back and vaping away for about 5 minutes before getting myself to put it down and type some more. I've redripped it about 4 times already. Terrific taste.

So congrats on coming up with a great liquid Shawn and thank you again for the 905. :)

svtboosted

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
stv what is the approximate length of the battery life?

Honestly I'm the worst person to ask about battery life -- I never seem to keep track and I'm usually rotating between devices. But, the 14500 batteries last for quite a while.. I'd say 3-4 hours with very heavy vaping, and probably more like 6-8 hours of battery life with light to moderate vaping. Fortunately, the 14500 batteries don't seem to have massive voltage drop like the 10440 batteries I have do.

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
So this is the V2? Man I hope so. LOL! I can't wait!

I was basing it being a V2 on having watched Grimms video showing the differences between the two. The one I received has what he showed in the V2. And now reading stvs comment confirms it.

Honestly I'm the worst person to ask about battery life -- I never seem to keep track and I'm usually rotating between devices. But, the 14500 batteries last for quite a while.. I'd say 3-4 hours with very heavy vaping, and probably more like 6-8 hours of battery life with light to moderate vaping. Fortunately, the 14500 batteries don't seem to have massive voltage drop like the 10440 batteries I have do.

ahh well thanks for that.

I actually realized shortly after my last post that it was a kind of foolish question since the chances of me switching back to another device before the first battery dies are pretty slim. :)

So far I am at just over 3 hours and noticing no difference in performance and I vape pretty constantly.

And as I am typing this I happened to turn around again and after just 3 hours the second battery is charged. So much for that initial 8 hour charge time. :thumb:

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
First battery just flashed ready for a recharge. So just under 6.5 hours of pretty steady vaping. The vapor production and warmth of the vapor had dropped off a bit before that but the difference wasn't really that noticeable until I put the new battery in.

A lot longer than any of the other non-PT devices I own. So yeah this will definitely become my on the go device along with one of my "traditional" ones for those situations that call for it.

bluewraith

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2009
Peru, IN
I placed an order for one after emailing Shawn back and forth for awhile earlier today. I pretty much told him I have enough supplies to last me for a couple of weeks, but I must continue my weekly habit of giving him money and asked what he suggested. I'm expecting it either Friday or Saturday. Mmm.. I can't wait! :)
Which one did you get? The black or the stainless? I'm a stickler for shiney things, so I went with the stainless.

svtboosted

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
I placed an order for one after emailing Shawn back and forth for awhile earlier today. I pretty much told him I have enough supplies to last me for a couple of weeks, but I must continue my weekly habit of giving him money and asked what he suggested. I'm expecting it either Friday or Saturday. Mmm.. I can't wait! :)
Which one did you get? The black or the stainless? I'm a stickler for shiney things, so I went with the stainless.

Not to rain on your parade or anything, but I made this realization earlier in a similar situation.. your package won't show up on Friday as it's a holiday. :( If it got shipped today, you may get it Saturday, otherwise if it goes out in the morning it's going to likely be on Monday.

Unlike on Sundays, where post offices are still closed but the sorting facilities still do their thing, that's not the case on holidays.

Oh, even though you didn't actually ask me, I have the black version -- looks sexy with a black atomizer and mouthpiece. :D

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY

LOL.

Nice.

Shawn sent me a black one and, even though I would have been happy with either obviously, I actually prefer the black over the stainless.

Oh, even though you didn't actually ask me, I have the black version -- looks sexy with a black atomizer and mouthpiece. :D

agreed :thumb:

The stainless ones are AWESOME looking. Work great too!! I got one over a month ago......still vaping strong!!!

sweet.

yeah I'm really liking this so far. thinking about getting a 510 adapter for it as I do notice slightly less flavor with the 901. It's still great though and will definitely be a permanent part of my collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread