Mesh attys and tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Violetti Usva

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2017
I haven't purchased any as people report the most horrendous dry hits when wicked wrongly. Based on the reviews I have seen (bearing in mind I mute them because I don't care for their opinions, just the bits where I get to see what's going on), I think the Vandy Vape and Digiflavor options look very similar but that the Digiflavor one wins as it has a bit more of a juice well while the VV one doesn't really have one, the Ceto looks like a pain to wick but very cleverly designed for squonking. The Wotofo Profile features a ceramic spring to squash your cotton against the mesh looks like just the thing that's needed to prevent hot spots. I think its between the Ceto and the Profile if I venture into mesh, but I haven't heard enough on here from people with more cash than I have to sway me yet :p

• Love
Reactions: Susaz

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Yup... Pass on these. I have the Ceto, the Taifun BT, and the VV Mesh... All of them are impossible to use after a while... It's tough to keep that much wick adequately saturated.
The Ceto with the top squonk pin should be easy to keep saturated because takes eliquid on to the top. Same as the Ctulhu Iris. I'm going to go for the Wotofo and the Iris. Building the Iris in two coil mode should be easy...

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Hadn't heard of the Iris, that looks like an improvement on the Ceto and on of the only atomisers that looks like it would function equally well in single and dual coil mode! Keep us posted on how you find them :)
I like it a lot. It'll take a while to get me but yes, I'll post some when I get it.

Reactions: stols001

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
IMO the key to using these newer mesh fire breathing dragons is the build. I use the CB V2 'cigars' full diameter that are pulled and rolled then installed very tight under the mesh. With that I've never had a dry hit.

I started with 3 Vandy Vape Mesh RDA's (SS, Black and Gold) that were being ran on squonk mods (both mech and regulated). They worked fine other than they have almost no drip well making them harder to squonk leak free without chancing a dry hit. So they were soon moved onto TC mods for dripping (are now retired).

Soon after them the Digiflavor Mesh Pro RDA's came out... I have 5 of them (includes all 4 colors), and they have been in daily use ever since on squonk mods (mech and regulated). They have a more than ample drip well for squonking. I run them with SS316 mesh .12Ω - .15Ω builds in wattage mode (60-150W) depending on the mod/joose. They do use up a lot of the DIY joose I mix up just for them to get stellar flavor.

You could also run coils in them as well.

S2DMPx2.jpg

Attachments

• DMPRDA.png
    DMPRDA.png
    82.4 KB · Views: 19

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
The Ceto with the top squonk pin should be easy to keep saturated because takes eliquid on to the top. Same as the Ctulhu Iris. I'm going to go for the Wotofo and the Iris. Building the Iris in two coil mode should be easy...
If you don't mind squonking after every pull and waiting 3 minutes for even distribution through the wick, then, yeah... Works great. Without the aforementioned steps, the chances of a hotspot or dry hit increase with every pull.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither

You are a troublemaker! ;) Looks to be another Mesh RDA I must try (as if I didn't already have enough of them).

A black version Profile RDA will be here Friday to try out. I doubt I'll use the included Kanthal mesh... will instead cut to fit a piece off my roll of SS316L Mesh for about a .15Ω build in it. Since I don't know what the included cotton is, will also probably use CB V2 that I have a large supply of to start (the SS316 mesh/CB V2 is what I run in all my other Mesh RDA's). Later I might try a bundle of RxW in it too instead of the cotton.

I'll probably also bring my custom Reo P67 or one of my DT-DS dual par batt mech squonkers back out of mothballs to put it on for the test run.

s1s2.jpg

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
^^^
^^^
^^^

Turns out that the company I ordered the Profile RDA from did not still have the black version in stock (even though their inventory showed 3 in stock).

So I reordered a black one from a different shop. It may be next week sometime before I get it though. I've dealt with this outfit before... they're one of those shops that issue a priority mail tracking number fast but may not get around to actually shipping the package for days.

Just for S&G I added one of these to the order. Doubt I'll use them myself but for the $4 asking price thought I'd check them out for future reference if someone asks about them on-line.

Attachments

• wotofo733.jpg
    wotofo733.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 21

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
@Myk can you enlighten us about the Themis?

It works. I have no idea why people get dry hits on mesh RBA other than it's them, not me. It has to be something they're doing.
I guess things have got too easy in ecig land so instead of learning now it's a thing to blame the tool.
With the people who like the Vandy I'm going to guess it's a learning thing there too.

I wanted easy builds and rebuilds. I get that more from the Vapefly stamped mesh than the screen mesh.

I do know with the screen on Themis .5w change was a lot in power.
What's odd is this one is supposed to require a comparatively huge amount of power. But it works too.
0815181724a.jpg

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
For the last year plus the mesh RDA's have been my thing, so I wanted to try the WOTOFO Profile. I received one of these a couple of days ago (also bought a 10 pack of there wicks for them just for S&G). It's main competition is my highly preferred Digiflavor Mesh Pro's. I brought my custom MC Reo P67 mech squonk mod back out of mothballs to do the initial run on.

For it's first build I used an included KA1 mesh 'coil' rated at 0.18Ω, and the included wick just to see how they perform at the about 98 watts the Reo will hit it with. But for all future builds I hope to be able to cut down my stash to fit it and end up with near the same builds used in my DM Pro's (SS316L mesh @ 0.12Ω to 0.15Ω with P&R CBV2 wicking on mech and regulated squonk mods and occasionally on dual series battery TC mods).

In use it gets the job done OK for my DLH's will all the available air holes wide open. Flavor and vapor is fine, but not up to what the DM Pros can deliver (with this build anyway). So I expect even better things if I can rebuild it my way.

It appears to be made well enough; comes with acceptable extras; the all black version looks fine (I'm not a fan of contrasting logos); it's more compact than the Mesh Pros but doesn't have their ample drip well. With old eyes and big hands I found it harder to build with the very small piece of mesh and way too large preformed wicking. But then I am well practiced at building all my other's... and this was a first build done in the wee hours of the night.

So I'll run it as is for a few more days, then rebuild for what I suspect will make it shine brighter for my uses. Unlike all the other's I have I don't see buying a bunch of these (but only because I don't really need anymore gear).

It's way too early to make a final judgment on it though when it has such stiff competition against what I consider the best ever for my vaping style. But it probably is a better option for the tootle puffers (or maybe even those who like restricted DLH's) who want to run mesh.

profile6sb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread