Status
Not open for further replies.

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
Of the 3 coils; single, double and triple mesh, I find the double to produce more flavor than either the single or triple. The single produces good flavor, the double produces excellent flavor and the triple tends to give me burnt taste well before hitting minimum coil wattage range. Good be my juices, mostly fruits.

Definitely try the double, I'll be surprised if you don't find good flavor with it.

Last edited:

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
I tried the double and still for me its no comparison to the uwell nunchaku, it was better than the single, but for me doesn't even come close to uwell nunchaku, if you guys haven't tried, I must say, you gotta try this tank, although its not mesh, it produces fantastic flavor.

I have yet to try the single mesh coils from Freemax – enjoying the double and triple too much. And have yet to try the Nunchaku although that kit is on my list of wanted vape gear. I think the kit looks awesome! The Unwell coils use a Clapton wire which many subjectively claim gives a better flavour over a regular type wire coil. I prefer Clapton’s in my RDA’s – never tried a mesh RDA…something else that is also on my list of wanted vape gear!

Not trying to debate your preference for taste is very personal, but the juice you are using maybe better suited with the Uwell. One of the benefits of having multiple tanks is it allows you to capitalize on flavour by matching a specific juice to a specific tank.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I've used the Freemax single and SS single, and while they're good, it's a lot of airflow without as much flavor as the dual and triple. Not a waste by any means, but not something I'll reorder. As a Freemax comes with hitg a dual and single it's worth trying the single to make your own decision on preference. We're certainly not all alike in preferences.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
I am new to the whole mesh tank thing, not even available in the country I am in.

I won a contest and would be receiving a bulldog tank by desire design.

just a few questions.

are the coils disposable?
havent seen a video that either rewicks or rebuilds?

can I clean it?
if it goes bad, throw the whole tank away?

thanks

These are referred to as drop in coils, they have a limited life to which they should be discarded when spent. They are not rebuildable but new coils can be purchased which will drop right into the tank…or screw in, however you want to view it! You can clean them, some claim cleaning extends the life – personally I don’t think so, at least not in a great manner. Few topics here on cleaning drop in coils.

No experience with Desire Design Bulldog tank or their coils. So can’t really comment on their longevity. Drop in coils can last between a week to perhaps a month depending on design and how and what you vape.

proax9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
Pomona, NY
I'm a recent convert to mesh drop in coils (the Vaporesso GT Mesh in an Eleaf Ello XT). Flavor is really amazing, not sure I can go back to my regular RTAs again.
I'd like to try out a rebuild-able mesh RTA (like WoToFo Profile Mesh tank). My issue is, other than squonk mods, all my mods can only hold up to a 22mm tank.
Does anyone know of a 22mm mesh RTA?

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
I'm a recent convert to mesh drop in coils (the Vaporesso GT Mesh in an Eleaf Ello XT). Flavor is really amazing, not sure I can go back to my regular RTAs again.
I'd like to try out a rebuild-able mesh RTA (like WoToFo Profile Mesh tank). My issue is, other than squonk mods, all my mods can only hold up to a 22mm tank.
Does anyone know of a 22mm mesh RTA?
Have a look here you might find something you like Top air RTAs

proax9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
Pomona, NY
Came across a YT about using Demon mesh coils (0.2ohm) in a KF5 tank. They are SS coils so TC is an option as well as straight VW. Will give that a try, although my concern is about the KF5 being able to wick fast enough for such a low ohm coil, especially since mesh coils seems to gulp down liquid. I guess that's where the TC could help avoid dry hits. Video claims 20W-25W is sufficient.
Anyone tried this?

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Came across a YT about using Demon mesh coils (0.2ohm) in a KF5 tank. They are SS coils so TC is an option as well as straight VW. Will give that a try, although my concern is about the KF5 being able to wick fast enough for such a low ohm coil, especially since mesh coils seems to gulp down liquid. I guess that's where the TC could help avoid dry hits. Video claims 20W-25W is sufficient.
Anyone tried this?

Link? The Google Gods are not on my side today

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico
I agree. Try the dual coil and see what it's like.

I agree Eskie, the dual coil in the Freemax Mesh Pro is a such a good vape. If a person cannot find flavor with that they must be using unflavored juice.

My Falcon will be in today so I am looking forward to a comparison between it and the Freemax Mesh Pro. Really what the comparison is is the coil differences. And (sigh) I have to try the new GeekVape Alpha too. My wallet is getting thin. :(

• Agree
Reactions: Eskie

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico
Quick comment about the Freemax Mesh Pro and the Horizon Falcon Artisan "side by side".
I am only using the M1 (single) mesh coil in the Falcon and the dual mesh in the Freemax so flavor wise the dual coil is better for flavor. But the main thing I noticed right off the bat is the turbulent airflow in the Falcon compared to the Mesh Pro. Smoother airflow and more of it on the Freemax. I run it about a quarter closed and it still has more air than the Falcon wide open.
The Falcon is a nicer design as far as looks. The Freemax is a clunky chunky looking atty. I replaced the stock drip tip with a shorter 810 and it helps the looks. The 810 Freemax tip compared to the 510 (on the Falcon) probably is one reason for a difference in air flow and turbulence I'm getting. But they are both really good flavor machines and when I go to the triple coils on both I can get a true comparison worth talking about.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Fiiiinally got my Luxe kit with SKRR tank today! That only took 3 months, lol. I said I would report back with my experience, and although it's definitely too early to give a real, solid review, so far I am impressed with the flavor from the installed QF strip coil. It's supposed to be the longest-lasting of the 3 coils but of course time will tell. Here's a review of the mod and tank so far:

I just received my Luxe kit today. I have the Revenger X and I love it and I have been a fan of how Vaporesso does ceramic coils since the Target, so this kit was a no brainer. I'm currently vaping on the installed coil (QF strip) and so far I really like it. I read and watched some of the early reviews and I was worried that the SKRR tank would be blah but I am happy to report that this is not the case. At least so far, anyway. I set mine on SP mode and the coil read 54W, which is a bit high for me (I like battery life!) so I turned it down to 45 watts and I still have lots of flavor and vapor. The Luxe is a bit bigger and heavier than the Revenger X but I love the hand feel. The screen is gorgeous and I also love that I can turn the brightness down if I want to. For me this kit is a win.

I will try the mesh coil next, but hopefully that won't be for a few weeks. I am so tired of coils that burn out quickly. Even the NRG mesh coils don't have the lifespan I want.

I also got the Drag 2 today (went on a bender, I did!) and it came with an N3 mesh coil but the preinstalled U2 coil is the one I am vaping on currently. I can report back about that coil once this one burns out, too, if you want.

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
I found the QF coils to be very weak on flavor. I installed an NRG coil and was very happy. I find the Skrr to be a bigger version of the NRG and at 8ml a very nice addition to my line up. If you take the the gold bullet out of the QF coils they produce slightly better flavor but the hole it leaves in the center of the coil is way to big, way to airy. I have 4 Skrrs now and use only the NRG Mesh coils in them. QF coils in the backup box. The Skrr flies well, no leaks will climbing to cruising altitude provide you invert it during the climb.

The Luxe is far more impressive than the Skrr, nice hefty feel, lets you turn the clock off completely, much better control of screen display time out down to 5 seconds.. Like the NRG it's a fingerprint magnet but wipes down easily. No delay on firing, solid fire button works no matter where you trigger it. Menu easy to navigate, although the manual could have had better details on the menu. Very stable when sitting on the table with a big tank like the Skrr or Mesh Pro sitting on top. The Luxe is right up there with my Legends for form and feel. I've since ordered a second Luxe.

Keep updating us

Last edited:
Reactions: cooladdict

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
Trying the GV Alpha tank now. It tarted to develop flavor after 2ml give or take. I'm somewhere around 12ml at this point and the flavor continues to improve. Using the .2ohm single coil for now, will switch to the .4ohm dual after a few more tanks. I really expect the dual to outperform the single. I doubt it will displace the Mesh Pro but at this point I looks to be a keeper.

I like the the top fill switchblade like opening mechanism makes for quick and easy fill.

Not a fan of the 4ml capacity, seems rather scant for sub ohm. AFC control turns backwards to all the other tanks I use and it very tight. SO tight that when I try to close the AFC when I fill it starts to unscrew the tank.

I bounced it off one table top to another, maybe 2' drop, only chipped the drip tip. If I had a smaller mod might not have chipped the drip tip but I had it on the heavy Luxe, lot of weight driving the drip tip into the table top.

Coil packaging is likely to make the environmentalists a little upset. Each coil is sealed in a near form fitting plastic bag then 3 are placed in a larger foam rubber pad with cutouts for each of the 3 coils then placed in a cardboard box. Personally I like the packaging, once you remove the the coils from the box and the rubber the plastic bags take up very little space (compared to vacuum packs)while keeping the coils clean and dry. Nice for traveling.

Reactions: DP2Raja
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread