Status
Not open for further replies.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Better flavor, longer lasting, easier to wick. That’s how I see it anyway, it’s got lots of surface area and heats up instantly. Also I never cared for threading the wick through the center of a coil. Pain in the ... for me,’with mesh I secure one side and fold the wick underneath the secure other side, piece of cake.
It’s worth trying out to see what you think. Seems like people either love it or hate it so try it and see what camp you will reside in.

Zakillah

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2015
Vienna
It boils down to how you want your vape to be. Mesh is basicly very thin wire and comes with all the advantages/attributes this brings. Fast ramp-up/cool down, efficiant, cool vapor.
Cool vapor usually works very well for fruit flavors, not so much for backery stuff; so I guess its also a matter of what flavors you like.
It also heats more evenly then a coil does, so it doesnt gunk up as fast.
I always liked thin wire builds, I vape mostly fruit flavors, so mesh is fantastic for me. The Profile Unity provides the best flavor I ever experianced, and yes, I tried (and still use) advanced "flavor builds" like multicore fused Claptons or Aliens; but still, mesh beats everything else I tried so far.

Now if you´re more into warm vapor, mesh might just not be for you and standard coils will provide a vape thats more to your liking.

Another thing about mesh is, that, in my experiance, you cant really tailor your "build" as much as with coils. That mesh strip just needs ~60W to get going and produce good flavor and will start dry hitting when you throw 80+ Watts at it. Its not an issue to me as ~60W is what I shoot for with coil builds, too; but you definitly have more wiggle room when building coils instead of using mesh.

Last edited:

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
The newly released Wotofo Profile 1.5 RDA does, however, give you the option to go for a warmer vape and vape at 100 watts.

The main selling point with anything mesh related is convenience, whilst still getting both better flavor and durability when compared to traditional style factory premade, or "drop in" coils, and, the same also holds true with Horizontech Falcon M1 coils, as IME they too will give you comparatively better flavor and durability. Whereas if you compare anything mesh to a decent handbuilt set of alien coils (using relatively thin Nichrome 80 wire, like, 28g for the cores and 36g for the wrap wire, dual coil at 7 wraps per coil and 3mm inner diameter giving you a .2 ohms dual coil build suitable for a 24mm or 25mm RDA on a regulated mod at around 100 watts, for example) or something that can be called more or less similar in a decent RDA, that's when you'll soon find that the flavor and the overall vape experience from mesh will leave most flavor chasers, myself included, wanting for more... lots more. One particular downside of being a real flavor chaser who likes to build his/her own advanced coil types with various spools of wire and a cordless drill is you'll get, in some corners of the internet, randomly accused of being mass-delusional, "because it is pointless". But I don't really see that as a downside. Rather, it simply amuses me each time, albeit at times it can be difficult to not choke on my cloud with laughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread