Mesh RDA, the next generation Reo atty from Vandy Vape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
sure delivers the nicotine, seen here with Rayon

CelluCotton didn't work out at all for my long DLH's in coils. But it is faster wicking than cotton, so might be worth revisiting in these rda's. I still have a supply of it "somewhere" (along with way too much KGD, organic cotton balls, SnP, etc). I also plan to try 400x400 SS mesh that I still have a supply of.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Both of the Mesh rda's have been in constant use. I am liking them more and more every day. The only minor con remains the very shallow deck, but I have some ideas of how to get around that eventually. Since I have the drill down pat for squonking and dripping them that can wait.

Contrary to the opinions of some folks, I like them equally well for both squonking on the Reo's and dripping on dual series regulated mods. They are not "starved" for power on the Reos IMO. I simply modified my DIY a little for the MRDA on the Reo to make it shine even brighter than the one on the regulated mod.

One and all will have to make up their own minds on these as they are not for everyone.

But for my own personal uses they have earned a place within my daily drivers.
spyups.jpg

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
For now while I continue to try different/lower Ω mesh builds on these over the coming months this is probably where the Vandy Vape Mesh RDA's will live. I'm not interested in running coils in them at present.

Reo P67 TRA; Minikin VGOD 120W
2x600s.jpg

Future updates will be dependent on if any interest in them running mesh is actively shown here.

jifjifjif

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Vape Canaveral, FL
My quick first impression is that its simple to "build " and hits nicely. I'm already hoping for a small chamber version where i can use a strip of mesh that is half the width of this mesh. It feels like a big chamber atty to me.

I'm a MTL guy though who likes single coils with restricted air.

I'm still looking forward to trying it more this weekend.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
@jifjifjif

I seriously doubt you'll ever see a "small chamber" version of this from Vandy Vape (maybe not even one like this with a deeper well). It's concept is to be a cloud machine. However this version can run whatever width of mesh you chose to put in it... you do not have to use the full 10mm width. Would actually be beneficial for those who don't want the massive clouds, having to use so much cotton or use so much joose in it to avoid a dry hit that would be akin to fatal.

How about a dual mesh build in it with say two 3mm strips? Joose would last longer between squonks/drips. The skies the limit with this atty if your imagination isn't limited.

Reactions: VapNMirrors

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I have decided on where the two VV Mesh RDA's will reside... both of them on Reo P67's (the TRA & Black Wrinkle), both running very low ohm 316LMesh builds with CBV2, both running DIY's I mixed up special just for these RDA's on the Reos that are delivering sublime flavor. They are unseating two of my highly favored Kryten's. That is no small matter IAMA I thought nothing could unseat them on the P67's. So they are two solid wins for my personal uses, my cloud chucking Reos.

p67m6s.jpg

An OT as an aside, speaking of cloud chucking, I have another cloud machine that recently arrived... the VGOD Elite. Came with it's matching copper RDA, and I added one of my favored Avocado 24's that holds 5ml of joose. With the wide open air and large dual very low ohm Staple Staggered Fused Clapton's I am running in them this beast can bounce dense flavor rich vapor off the wall across the room. They use up a lot of joose though. Apparently the VGOD's concept was for trick & cloud completions. It feels kind of funny to use a mech "tube mod" again, especially a copper one that weighs a ton. But I can't argue with the deep flavor. So for now anyway it will see some duty in my rotations.

VGOD6s.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: kas122461

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I am still vaping both of the Mesh P67's constantly whenever I am awake (20-24 hours every day). The atty's have proven to be a great combo with the P67's for my uses and do an exceptional job with the DIY's I mixed up special for them. Can see them being in my daily rotation all the time.

Also added silicone bottles to these to be the test vehicles for these bottles. They are getting a constant workout with no major problems so far.

p67mh6s.jpg

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
You make good points. Lots of fun to be had with this atty. Looking forward to playing around with it.

Hey Jifster, did you try out a narrow dual mesh build in it yet?

Only new build I've tried in them lately is full width but shorter Ni80 mesh in the Gold Mesh RDA I added to the stash. I'm not running the gold version on a Reo though, have it on the Gold/Carbon Fiber Sig where it can really create massive flavor 'white outs'.

SigGold6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread