Message to e-Liquid vendors: This is what we want from you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

twohandedcreations

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2011
orlando florida
I'd like vendors who offer sample packs to give the option of choosing the flavors you'd like to sample. For example I pass up many sample packs because the vendor has chosen the flavors offered and 3 of the 5 or 6 flavors offered in the sample pack are flavors I would have no interest in so as a result I move on to a vendor that lets me choose the flavors I'd like to sample!

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
south Bay Area, California
www.facebook.com
I have been ordering from Prime vaping because they offer the PG/VG and "extra shot" option. Now I'm branching out and don't see that "extra shot" option anywhere else. I do not view it as an admission of weakness, I'm finding that what everybody else I know thinks is a GREAT flavor tastes like water to me.

I also would prefer more description that include information about sweetness, bitterness (I WANT some of that, it's still a flavor!), saltiness, richness, sourness.

hellerhighwater

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Riverside, CA
+1 to this. A fantastic idea that would probably keep many potential repeat customers from deciding to take their business to other vendors that either provide this information and/or simply taste better out of the box.

I would looooove to see some upfront and forthcoming information on how long the vendor suggests each particular flavor should steep. I've seen some say a sort of general catch-all "let steep for 1 to 2 weeks" for an entire line, but each juice is different, and we all know it. Many vendors have started putting "born on" dates on the bottles, and this is a big step in the right direction. Why not take it one step further?

I understand that vendors don't want put off folks who might prefer a juice right out of the mailer that others prefer after a couple of weeks. That's why I put "suggests" in italics above. Why not put a suggested steeping time range in the description of the juice and/or on the bottle? It seems to me that the risk of losing many first-time customers who try a juice before it is optimally steeped and don't like it off-sets any potential drawback of being direct about steeping time.

I know that if I get one or two juices from a vendor that is new to me that I don't like, I tend to write them off, and I don't always have the patience to find out how long a juice should steep. I also don't like vaping up half of a bottle of juice that I purchased by checking it intermittently before it's steeped to perfection. Also, I know we've all tried a juice and not liked it, and then stuck it in a drawer for 6 months and all of the sudden it was magically good. Wouldn't it be nice to know how long it took to get there? I've considered starting a thread on this issue and talked to a number of people who share my views on this matter.

Vendors: You know what your juices should taste like when they are at their peak because you came up with the recipe and decided at some point that it was worthy of selling to the public. Why not tell us how long it takes to get there? If you still want to withhold this information for some cryptic reason, why not take a poll on your forum or website and then plot the results on a chart and stick it on your site? If you don't want to share your views on how long you think a particular juice should steep, you could collect customer opinions and share the results.

Darthvong

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Ohio. USA
The one thing that strikes me as odd is the amount of business cards I get per order. I could see 2-3 even though I think one would be enough considering you get one with every order. One vendor sent 10.

Save your business cards and send a 3ml sample instead. To me, that would get me to recommend you as a vendor more than the amount of business cards you sent me. LOL

I do LOVE the color chart on the webpage (BWB) I've been trying to stay on the light side (ironic since my name has Darth in it, I know) to save my wicks.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
The one thing that strikes me as odd is the amount of business cards I get per order. I could see 2-3 even though I think one would be enough considering you get one with every order. One vendor sent 10.

Save your business cards and send a 3ml sample instead. To me, that would get me to recommend you as a vendor more than the amount of business cards you sent me. LOL

I do LOVE the color chart on the webpage (BWB) I've been trying to stay on the light side (ironic since my name has Darth in it, I know) to save my wicks.

Good one! Business cards cost money right? To vendors: I have never done a thing with those business cards but throw them in the trash. I may have kept a couple of my favorites, but it honestly is a waste IMO. Until the world starts becoming more vape friendly, I have no one to give your cards to. I surely don't need them.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I have been ordering from Prime Vaping because they offer the PG/VG and "extra shot" option. Now I'm branching out and don't see that "extra shot" option anywhere else. I do not view it as an admission of weakness, I'm finding that what everybody else I know thinks is a GREAT flavor tastes like water to me.

Here is a Good One that I forgot to mention.

How about doing what vaporbomb.com does? Offer Flavor Concentrates Blends for each Flavored e-Liquid a Vendor sells.

Say I like Strawberry Bavarian Waffles 40%PG | 60%VG 18mg e-Liquid from a Given Vendor. But it isn't as Strong as I would like it. It would be nice if I could buy the e-Liquid and also a Premixed 8ml Bottle of Strawberry Bavarian Waffle Flavoring so I could add a few Drops to make the e-Liquid Stronger.

Since everyone wants a Slightly Different Strength Level in their e-Liquids, it would seem like a Great way to Satisfy Everyone.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
One more thing on the business cards: If you must send me a business card, at least have a discount code on it. I hate having to search for the secret discount code. If I already bought from you and/or give the business card to some who hasn't, a discount code printed on that business card would make it a little more valuable than just having the same info that is already on the bottle and the site.

Apptiger

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
West Central Florida
Two ECF members, Racehorse and Muldemar have recently sparked a burning desire to start this thread based on their comments regarding customer service. Also, because I have recently had truly informative, detailed, and friendly conversations with Andrea at The Plume Room, Nick at GoodeJuice, and Wlad at Ahlusion. All three vendors are quite transparent about what it is that they're doing and willing to inform, educate, and assist with any questions or concerns. Lastly, I want to start this thread because vendors most definitely read our comments in General E-Liquid discussion.

- I would like this thread to be suggestions to e-liquid vendors about what we, the money, would like to see.

- I ask that this thread remain professional, adult, (mostly) serious and not about flavor suggestions.

- I will start it off..

To vendors: I would like to see a picture or some type of visual cue as to where your e-liquid is being mixed. I am not asking to know the secrets to the bat-cave, but I would like to know that there is a bat-cave, and not just a living-room.

Great thread Thanks for starting it off.
I haven't read it all yet and apologize if this has been mentioned. But..
1. Give us 3-5ml sample options. Not for free, we'll pay. But you need to make it attractive to try new stuff.
2. If you are going to have sample sizes, actually have them or take them off your site. Don't tease us with something we can't actually order.
3. We want to sample what we want to sample, not what you want us to. Sampler packs should be configuarable to any flavors you sell not what you have in extra amounts. Carry the flavor or don't.
4. We don't care what you name your "special/magic/wonderful" blend we want to know what is in it and what we can expect it to taste like.
5. Thanks for being there

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I have noticed a lot of posts about samples, which is totally understandable, but I must re-post my initial comment and hopefully some other members agree with this simple request.

To vendors: I would like to see a picture or some type of visual cue as to where your e-liquid is being mixed. I am not asking to know the secrets to the bat-cave, but I would like to know that there is a bat-cave, and not just a living-room.

If you don't have a lab or a "clean-room," at least show me that this is being made in a relatively professional, business, clean type atmosphere. Even if that means you have designated a room in your house just for these purposes. I want to know that your slick website is not a cover for a slipshod operation. Remember, this is a consumable product.

Darthvong

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Ohio. USA
I have noticed a lot of posts about samples, which is totally understandable, but I must re-post my initial comment and hopefully some other members agree with this simple request.

If you don't have a lab or a "clean-room," at least show me that this is being made in a relatively professional, business, clean type atmosphere. Even if that means you have designated a room in your house just for these purposes. I want to know that your slick website is not a cover for a slipshod operation. Remember, this is a consumable product.

I could see this but honestly I would guess most vendors just make them in their kitchen (excluding bigger vendors). If I were to undertake being a juice vendor only I surely wouldn't have an actual lab to create them.
I'd probably sit in my underwear drinking a beer, eating pizza at my kitchen table while I concoct my next great juice. The secret is in the 20 business cards I send you with your 5ml sampler. Then you won't care where I make it because it's obvious with that many cards to toss around I'm a serious businessman.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I ordered (awhile back) something from HHV that was a modification to their suggested ratios. They contacted me to make sure that was in fact what I wanted to do, because they knew, better than I, that what I was trying to do would diminish the impact of the flavor. I went with their recommendation that time, but my next order was my way. Their way was the best, but I was happy to be allowed to see for myself.

Basically, a little communication can speak volumes about cs.

Last edited:

TBinAZ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2012
Mesa
Glad you brought this up, Mr.Mann.

*I* know what *I* like as far as ratios go, and I would probably lean toward even more VG in the mix if it would give me the same satisfaction as what is being offered as the *best* mix. I'm not a DIY type yet, but I find it hard to believe that the experts who are providing these liquids can't personalize something as close to, or exact, as the *suggested* ratios, for us who would like to have different. Just my :2c:

TBinAZ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2012
Mesa
Howdy, Davenkay.

Not true. I caught wind that you have been around a while. I'm sure you have already found what works and what doesn't work for you. I'm sure you have many opinions. Get it out. This is the perfect venue.

These are all great suggestions. Hopefully the vendors will read and heed. I am still too new to have formed any opinions of my own about what should be described, but thanks to all of the experienced vapers who put these suggestions on the table.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Here's a gripe: I hate the hard 5ml and 10ml dropper-top plastic bottles (I forget the industry designation for which type of plastic those bodies are made of, but you know the ones I mean---they're clear transparent rather than translucent).

You squeeze-squeeze-squeeze, but nothing happens. Then you squeeze hard, and still nothing. Finally, you squeeze just a tiny bit harder, and suddenly juice pours out of the dropper top in a rushing stream, rather than as individual drops. I'm sorry, but the whole point of dropper top bottles (besides being a container for storage, obviously) is to allow easy and precise incremental control of individual drops of juice into an atty or carto.

Those damned bottles either block the juice completely or spray it out in a flood. Yeah, I know there's supposed to be a soft spot on each bottle, but 1) I can never find it, and 2) I don't want to have to feel around for something like that anyway. I want to just pick up the bottle, invert, squeeze slightly, and get the exact number of drops and rate of flow that I need. Is that too much to ask? I guess so.

PITA. Complete fail. Useless.

And don't even get me started on those defective child-proof caps where the inner teeth give way, causing the cap to spin rather than grab, which then requires vice-grips to get the stupid cap off.

I presume that for vendors, this is largely a cost-of-supplies issue, and that the hard plastic bottles may have a cheaper unit-cost than the translucent plastic. I just hope they'll test different bottles before placing an order for 10,000. Please don't buy (and then sell to us) juice bottles that you wouldn't want to use yourself.

daniele25

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
phoenix

I couldn't agree more on this one. I definitely want to have an idea of the conditions in which my juice is being made. As Mr.M said....its a consumable product. When we are dealing with a product that is not currently regulated, it would definitely be nice to have some idea of where these are being prepared. I too, am not concerned with the tricks of the trade, and secrets to how the product is actually made...I'd just like to have some visibility into where this is taking place. I do want to know that this is a dedicated, and obviously very clean environment. I don't think we are expecting all of our vendors to have some top of the line science lab, we know we are dealing with very small businesses, we just want to know it isn't happening on the coffee table during American Idol, next to the dog and your Lean Cuisine. A few simple pics would be great....or for those who do have a more elaborate area, perhaps a video where people can "take a tour of our juice lab" type of thing. Not only will it raise comfort levels and gain your customers trust even more so, its another little perk that can set you apart from the competition, and bring you closer to your customers.

Strongly agree with this suggestion.. I think this, and having recommendations next to each juice for customization, like ratios, and ideal vaping set up (volts etc), are probably 2 of the biggest things missing on most vendor sites right now.

Last edited:

Tezcatlipoca

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2012
Riverside, CA
And don't even get me started on those defective child-proof caps where the inner teeth give way, causing the cap to spin rather than grab, which then requires vice-grips to get the stupid cap off.

Couldn't agree more (with the entire post, not just the part I quoted)! I've had a number of childproof caps lose their teeth, forcing me to surgically alter the bottle, thus rendering it useless and causing me to lose some juice in the process.

I certainly see the merit of offering childproof caps, but it would also be nice to have the option to select non-childproof caps for those of us who don't have little ones running around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread