Michigan: Excise ("Sin") Tax on E-Cigarettes - Call To Action

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2013
in between the ice ages
Might as well vote Democratic for Governor in the next election...having Snyder (a Republican) doesn't appear to make any difference anyway.
One is going forward on a bridge that the citizens voted down and the other was Granholm's shining light. I found the Proposition One PDF on the Lansing site and I couldn't figure out how and how much they are going to reimburse the local governments for lost revenue. Though the "pro' mailings had a Lansing newspaper saying "100% replacement".
I submitted my thoughts..actually five times..when I hit submit and nothing happens I re-did it. (G). Got five 'thank you's' in my e-mail!!

JimmyDB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2014
Your message for "Michigan: Oppose any "Sin Tax" on e-cigarettes" was sent on 09/03/2014 XX:XX PM to the following recipients: Gov. Rick Snyder (R-MI), Lt. Gov. Brian Calley (R-MI), Sen. Joe Hune (R-MI), Rep. Bill Rogers (R-MI), Atty. General Bill Schuette (R-MI)

Make up lost revenue :confused:... make more kinds of lottery tickets OR maybe, just maybe, figure out if you actually NEED that revenue to perform your function. I don't mean to pick on gambling, but it's not my thing so I will :2cool: . I offer the alternative to raise the tax on gambling winnings.

Seriously though, I let myself think that basically they were able to get these taxes passed over the last decade without MORE opposition because they claimed they needed the money for related expenses AND to incentivate people to quit which made it difficult (not impossible, but more difficult) to combat discussion/debate-wise. Well, it worked. Some people have quit... now they move on to tax other items :facepalm: ?!

I would need to check, but I'm pretty sure they are just expecting all nicotine to come from a tobacco plant when it doesn't need to, except to be cost effective and that's the part of the equation they are changing through taxation.

I'm just steamed about this and venting... as I will continue to do by calling the following...

Senator Jack Brandenburg: 517-373-7670 or 866-229-4211
Senator Mark Jansen: 517-373-0797
Senator John Pappageorge: 517-373-2523
Senator John Proos: 517-373-6960
Senator David Robertson: 517-373-1636 or 866-305-2126
Senator Steve Bieda: 517-373-8360
Senator Rebekah Warren: 517-373-2406

Hmmm.... conference call them at a specified time? I wonder if anyone else would want to participate in something like that, where a group of us call in to a conference number and then connect that number to the Senators? y'all got me thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread