Status
Not open for further replies.

MattyB1503

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2012
OC, CA
So the largest is now the medium air hole. Should have done the smallest actually

Thanks for fielding that one.

But if you want yours done you can send it out to me and I'll have it done, and I'll bore it however you want.

The reason I bored the middle size is because I only use the largest stock holes (I believe 2.0mm). So that middle hole is useless to me and it's a lot easier to bore a 1.5mm to 3/32nd than what you're suggesting.

Last edited:

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
The reason I want to keep the holes from small to large is because with the origen I find that I can only really line up 2 out of the 3 holes with acoil so depending on what I'm looking for I can center it on either the leading or tailing end of the row of holes, if I just opened the smallest to be the largest then every time I want to go from medium to large I'd have to reposition the cap.

Idaholandho

Gone Fishin'
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Reading Naked
It is a matter of time before vapers are growing their own hybrid cotton plants and opening cotton dispensaries. That is when our Government steps in and begins to raid our homes, confiscating collections and charging us with class C felonies. :)

This post started as very much sarcastic and was originally intended for a laugh or two...Then I started thinking :laugh:

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
It is a matter of time before vapers are growing their own hybrid cotton plants and opening cotton dispensaries. That is when our Government steps in and begins to raid our homes, confiscating collections and charging us with class C felonies. :)

This post started as very much sarcastic and was originally intended for a laugh or two...Then I started thinking :laugh:

And our own NET gardens?

Good luck.

:)

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
I wish :). But he is modding other large bore drippers for bottomfed :). Stay tuned. :)

In other news:
Cellucotton rayon - the latest wicking rage. Here's the ECF thread : Rayon wick, better flow, flavor, saturation and Nic Hit!

And here's one of my chalices loaded with it :)

WAU8fDJ.jpg

So far seems atleast in par with Koh Gen Do Japanese organic Cotton. :)

Supe, just say it isn't so…you've gone over to the man made dark side?

:blink:

MasterofNone

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2013
New York
Completely... The "synthetic" part it's that it's chemically extruded... It's splitting hairs, is my point. It's natural, in so far as anything produced by humans is natural.

Also, natural isn't always good. Bella Donna is natural and I doubt anyone would want to vape with it :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
Just a heads up, I wasn't 100% happy with my Origen(s) until I had the middle size holes (1.5mm?) and AFC bored to 3/32nd; which can be kinda a trick unless you have access to a mill.

Or I guess the way I would do it on a press is with a drill blank (sized to whatever existing hole you wanted to bore). Using the blank first to locate the cap by chucking it up or placing the blank in the collet and passing it through the holes to be bored, then after the cap is located replacing the blank with a bit.

Good to know thanks for the heads up bro, I guess great minds think alike because I was looking at pictures of the beast and I was almost certain I'd end up drilling her out (I end up doing that to most anyway though, I love a big cool vape). I'll most likely end up going to at least 5/64th's (I'll try it smaller and work my way up of course), but believe it or not I'm usually really happy with dual 1/8th's, hell my Tobh atty is at 4 1/8th's now lol (8x1/16th" holes).

*EDIT: Oops I didn't even notice that the o-rings limit the drill size, that's awesome now I don't have to figure out the bit size :p.

That sounds like a great way to do it thanks for the recommendation man, another thing I imagined would be hard is the sheer thickness of the thing! I absolutely love that it's so thick, but I might need to go out and get an extra bit for it.

Last edited:

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
My lifetime supply of shiseido cotton pads arrived yesterday. While I don't notice a taste difference between ekowool (braided silicate) and the cotton, it is far easier to work with when wet, more pliable and seems to have better wicking. It also seems to expand better when threaded through a coil. I just wicked my first dripper so still a lot to experiment with!

My thanks to all who recommended the japanese cotton!

Right on brother, if you check earlier I just actually compared 3 high end facial cotton's, pretty good timing. It turns out Shiseido is my favorite :D. It's by quite a longshot the fastest wicking, and feels alot "fluffier" right out of the bag. I noticed that it expands alot more than most cottons too, it's a darn good 100% pure japanese cotton from the mystical mountains of kyoto :p.

(by the way after alot of experimenting, I've found that if you separated the square layers and use the middle layer it's supernaturally soft and absorbent. I've been taking that magical inner layer and slightly tugging it apart to loosen it, and it almost feels buttery it's so soft. I usually cut a small strip of it, and lightly roll it into my wick, it's usually so soft that it just conforms into a shoelace shape really easily. If you have a darker juice, you can see it move through the wick at crazy speed!)

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA

Psst, hey man, I got that fluffy herb. 10$ per brick. :p

I've been getting alot of my cotton from local farmers and hollistic shops up here in alaska (I even tried cotton wood tree cotton, which works great!), and although Shisiedo is good stuff, sometimes I'll find some unprocessed cotton that's been blessed by the wicking gods. Look for some in your area! It's unbeatable if your out of make-up pads!

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
Supe, just say it isn't so…you've gone over to the man made dark side?

:blink:

Nothings like...manmade man. :p

Seriously I've tried it, and it's a pretty serious wick. I don't use it on anything really hot, but the flavor really is untouched with the stuff, and it wicks almost as fast as Shiseido. Sometimes faster depending on how you wick it, it just doesn't hold as much, it transports really really well. It "sucks" juice to wherever it's needed, a great "juice distribution equalizer" I guess you could say. I've use Rayon teamed up with Shiseido, and it was the fastest, most absorbing team ever.

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
Completely... The "synthetic" part it's that it's chemically extruded... It's splitting hairs, is my point. It's natural, in so far as anything produced by humans is natural.

Also, natural isn't always good. Bella Donna is natural and I doubt anyone would want to vape with it :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At first I thought you were talking about the female "entertainer" XD, hell I'd vape with Bella Donna :lol:. Back when I was in high-school I used to "vape" Belladonna :p, good times man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread