Microcoil + Cotton on Fogger V3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmack00

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Texas
I saw some youtube videos of the Fogger using a micro-coil and cotton set up and I'm sold. I'm brand new to rba but I don't care - I'm still diving in. One video I saw somewhere in one of these threads (can't locate it anymore), the guy simply used a 28 gauge wire, a 5/64 drill bit, organic cotton ball and torch. He made it seem much easier than I expect it to be, but I'm going to try it anyway. Also, he wasn't using a fogger, but I expect the microcoil/cotton process to be similar.

Can someone let me know if I have the materials listed right or even better, send a link of someone setting up a V3 Fogger with microcoil and cotton?

ancientgeek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
San Antonio, TX
I have a couple of V2's. My standard coil is a vertical micro. But, I use 8 wraps of 30ga Kanthal and just enough cotton to completely surround the vertical coil. I use them on a controlled APV (eVic or Vammo) ant get great vapor and flavor. They are very close to the performance of my Russian 91%, which is my favorite, at least until my KFL+ arrives.

p.s. I wrap the coil on a 1/16" rod.

Last edited:

BobC

Reformed Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Downtown Charleston, SC
I use 26guage on mine, I use 5 wraps which puts me at about a .6 and I use organic cotton boiled then dried, wick it threw and leave some hanging out then put the oring on and go. It works great for me.

Not on a Vamo you don't (1.2 ohm minimum)

Last edited:

ancientgeek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
San Antonio, TX
What's vertical coil exactly?

It's a coil mounter vertically, lined up with the center (air) tube. I don't have a picture of this coils on a Fogger, but here's a picture of a vertical coil on a Kayfun Lite + to give you an idea of what it looks like.

20131219_154959.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread