• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Midlands Meet Columbia S.C. Dec.2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

sugismimi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
SOUTH CAROLINA
Thank's to all who came.
Surprising, we had quite a few who came by word of mouth and not from ECF.
This is a welcome surprise, which means the idea of not smoking analogs is catching on.
I had a wonderful time dispite the fever and terrible sore throat. I missed so many meets due to health i couldn't miss this one.
I am going to post the few pics we did take here and in my profile . They aren't the greatest but if y'all member I was testing my kids christmas present (heehee).
Those that couldn't make it, we talked about you terribly!!!! awwww, no we didn't just kidding. But we did miss you a lot.....
Everyone shared juice and knowledge and use of there fave PV's. The opinions were equally shared and so interesting to hear because not only did I learn alot, I shared a lot too.!!! I left the meet with such a good feeling I haven't had in a long time and I truly thank all of you for that.
Gotta Thank IVape.net for coming and giving us all good deals on our New Toys!!!

Attachments

• IMAG0002.jpg
    IMAG0002.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 26

Pokeygizmo

Perfectly Imperfect
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
South Carolina
Thank's to all who came.
Surprising, we had quite a few who came by word of mouth and not from ECF.
This is a welcome surprise, which means the idea of not smoking analogs is catching on.
I had a wonderful time dispite the fever and terrible sore throat. I missed so many meets due to health i couldn't miss this one.
I am going to post the few pics we did take here and in my profile . They aren't the greatest but if y'all member I was testing my kids christmas present (heehee).

Those that couldn't make it, we talked about you terribly!!!! awwww, no we didn't just kidding. But we did miss you a lot.....
Everyone shared juice and knowledge and use of there fave PV's. The opinions were equally shared and so interesting to hear because not only did I learn alot, I shared a lot too.!!! I left the meet with such a good feeling I haven't had in a long time and I truly thank all of you for that.
Gotta Thank IVape.net for coming and giving us all good deals on our New Toys!!!

Sugis, I'm glad that it was such a success and really hated that I missed this one :(. We all have the same, nasty bug you're describing. It's awful! I hope you feel better soon. Word has it that it's a 2 week bug, especially if it hits your sinuses... yuck. If ya'll were talking about me, I couldn't tell -- my ears were already burning from fever, lol.

sugismimi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
SOUTH CAROLINA
Pokey im sorry you were/are sick, seems like I have been fighting this for more than 2 weeks.....
it is settling in my chest now, and even today still running fever.. did you go to doc??? i didnt but if the fever doesnt break i guess ill have to...

Matt...
the hubz took the pics and he doesnt have the "skills" LOLOLOL!!!!!
I agree with now knowing what everyone looks like is so much better!!!

I can't wait to have another meet.
Y'all do realize we dont have to wait for one to get together and share.
If anyone needs anything or wants to share News, juice, equipment news, let us know where when and we cld prolly just get together!!!

A Very Happy and Healthy (LOL) Holiday Season to all!!!

Pokeygizmo

Perfectly Imperfect
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
South Carolina
Sugis, the fever is a new turn of events for me as I've been battling this since Thanksgiving (maybe a little before???). I assumed it was viral, but am wondering if it isn't a second process going on,now, as I've been quite run down for several days. Bacterial sinusitis or something?. Mine hasn't gone to the chest, thank goodness, but I'll ride the fever out as it is low-grade now (100). But a chest cold always concerns me with the possibility of pneumonia.

I avoid doctor's offices -- that's where all the sick people are! LOL

Quinta

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2010
Summerville,SC
Thanks Sugismimi for making this meet happened. and as always i forgot to take pictures ... was busy testing learning and sharing. Vapers are the best!!!

And Joe had such a discount on everything - thanks Joe, i felt like a kid in the candy store

Sorry Pokey you have cold, i hoped to see you again, maybe next time.

Todays (bad) news - smoking ban in the restaurants and bars in Summerville starting some time in January.

sugismimi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
SOUTH CAROLINA
Girl! I swear we have the same crud....
since i'm a week ahead of you (?) i imagine it will be settling there as well.
gotta hate it since I can't go see my lil angel baby. last thing my daughter needs is a sick baby, and really i would hate myself if i made her sick so i stay away. booohoo
well get rest and get well hope to see you soon!!!
Sugis, the fever is a new turn of events for me as I've been battling this since Thanksgiving (maybe a little before???). I assumed it was viral, but am wondering if it isn't a second process going on,now, as I've been quite run down for several days. Bacterial sinusitis or something?. Mine hasn't gone to the chest, thank goodness, but I'll ride the fever out as it is low-grade now (100). But a chest cold always concerns me with the possibility of pneumonia.

I avoid doctor's offices -- that's where all the sick people are! LOL

RyMel

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2010
Summerville, South Carolina
Thanks Sugismimi for making this meet happened. and as always i forgot to take pictures ... was busy testing learning and sharing. Vapers are the best!!!

And Joe had such a discount on everything - thanks Joe, i felt like a kid in the candy store

Sorry Pokey you have cold, i hoped to see you again, maybe next time.

Todays (bad) news - smoking ban in the restaurants and bars in Summerville starting some time in January.

I don't think the Smoking Ban is Bad News, I would rather frequent a restaurant where it is No Smoking, as I don't like exposing my Kiddos to the second hand smoke. And now that we are completely non-smokers, I don't care to be around the stench either. On that note, I did take the time to write to the members of Town Council since it still has to go through one final vote before becoming Law, I asked that they consider adding an exclusion for E-Cigs, written right into the Ban itself. Imagine all the places that will now be smoke-free, but you will still be allowed to use your PV. The interest in these will skyrocket! I wrote a very informational letter to the council and included some links about PV's and their benefits, and explained that many other cities are making an effort to implement a clause into their smoking bans to allow the use of E-Cigs specifically. Technically, unless they BAN the use of Ecigs specifically in the Ban as it is written, it won't affect us because it is not a cigarette and i am not smoking.
hopefully my info fell on ear's willing to listen!

for anybody else who wants to write to them on this as well, before their final vote, here is a link to their email addresses and phone numbers. I know Walter Bailey personally, and he for one is a very openminded fellow.
we will see!!

Summerville, SC -- Mayor and Town Council

Quinta

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2010
Summerville,SC
I don't think the Smoking Ban is Bad News, I would rather frequent a restaurant where it is No Smoking, as I don't like exposing my Kiddos to the second hand smoke. And now that we are completely non-smokers, I don't care to be around the stench either. On that note, I did take the time to write to the members of Town Council since it still has to go through one final vote before becoming Law, I asked that they consider adding an exclusion for E-Cigs, written right into the Ban itself. Imagine all the places that will now be smoke-free, but you will still be allowed to use your PV. The interest in these will skyrocket! I wrote a very informational letter to the council and included some links about PV's and their benefits, and explained that many other cities are making an effort to implement a clause into their smoking bans to allow the use of E-Cigs specifically. Technically, unless they BAN the use of Ecigs specifically in the Ban as it is written, it won't affect us because it is not a cigarette and i am not smoking.
hopefully my info fell on ear's willing to listen!

for anybody else who wants to write to them on this as well, before their final vote, here is a link to their email addresses and phone numbers. I know Walter Bailey personally, and he for one is a very openminded fellow.
we will see!!

Summerville, SC -- Mayor and Town Council

That is what happened in NJ - e-cig wouldn't be included in the ban if e-cig users wouldn't 'ask for it'. I think it is the only context e-cig could be mentioned in the ban, and it is the best for us to fly under radar. In this case it would be up to buisines owner to allow us to use our e-cig.

"Monday's council vote was 4:1, with Councilman Ricky Waring voting against. Councilman Walter Bailey wasn't at the meeting" - Journal Scene 12-10-2010.

RyMel

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2010
Summerville, South Carolina
I actually received suprisingly supportive responses to my emails to council members, who have informed me that they are going to look further into the e-cigarette and it's use and that as long as the attorney for the town can compile a way to exclude them from the ban specifically that a exclusion in favor of e-cigs was possible. i was also assured that if not specifically excluded, that they would not be specifically banned either, as the ban would only apply to the smoking of tobacco products, and that since using a PV is not smoking, because there is no smoke or combustion involved and no secondhand smoke to worry about, they would not fall under the rules of the new law as it stands.
I also know that we "are" dealing with politicians, and they do have the tendency to say one thing while doing another :(
I offered my assistance if there were any questions from council members and provided many positive links to other laws already in place in favor of the ecig along with links to this forum and what studies i could find on the benefits of ecigs.
hopefully this effort does more harm than good.
while i would like to just "fly under the radar" so to speak, I am not afraid to stand up for something that i believe in wholeheartedly, that the ecig is truly a revolutionary life-changing device and should be welcomed into the community as a health"ier" way to deal with nicotine addiction....allowing the ban to exclude ecigs might be one way politicians can appeal to the business owners who feel like their customers are going to give up on their business if they can no longer get their nic fix while frequenting their establishment....heck maybe it will lead to more retail availability locally, if the niche for the product grows locally as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread