Might as well make with the introductions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

heroinesick

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2013
Louisville, KY
Hi folks, I'm newish to the forum, just started vaping two weeks ago this Wednesday, and I'm almost totally off ciggies! Yaaaay!

I'm 30 years old, and I've been smoking for 17 years. My main reason for trying to kick this habit is my dad's kidneys almost completely failed in January, and I'm desperate to give him a kidney, and the docs said that wasn't even a possibility unless I quit smoking. I'm hoping to be totally off of the stinkies by the end of the month. :) ( financial reasons don't hurt, either!)

I just wanna say, thank you all for this rockin' forum! It's awesome to have a place to turn too when starting, because it can seen like you might be fighting an uphill battle, and all of the different terms can be confusing without some help!

Thanks again!

--Sabrina

xanderxman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
Ptown, VA
That is probably one of the most noble reasons to quit smoking I have ever read. Quitting for yourself or your kids is fantastic. But quitting so you can donate an organ to your father. That is immense. Congrats on your success so far and I wish you well with your endeavor.

I am truly sorry to hear about your father and I hope that you can come back and update us on how well everything goes when you can finally donate. Good thoughts to you and yours.

NoleintheNati

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2013
The Planet Ohio
Hi folks, I'm newish to the forum, just started vaping two weeks ago this Wednesday, and I'm almost totally off ciggies! Yaaaay!

I'm 30 years old, and I've been smoking for 17 years. My main reason for trying to kick this habit is my dad's kidneys almost completely failed in January, and I'm desperate to give him a kidney, and the docs said that wasn't even a possibility unless I quit smoking. I'm hoping to be totally off of the stinkies by the end of the month. :) ( financial reasons don't hurt, either!)

I just wanna say, thank you all for this rockin' forum! It's awesome to have a place to turn too when starting, because it can seen like you might be fighting an uphill battle, and all of the different terms can be confusing without some help!

Thanks again!

--Sabrina
I'm 39. I gave my dad a kidney Dec 15th of 2011. It's going to much harder on you than for him lol.
If you have questions let me know. I'm happy to tell you about my experience, before , during or after your recovery. You can PM me, or I will give you my email. You are doing a great thing! Smoking is REALLY bad for your kidneys. So be glad you found vaping now. I went cold turkey for about 4 months before the surgery. Went back to smoking 3 days after surgery when I left the hospital...continued until I discovered vaping about 3 weeks ago. No analogs since!! I was at least a pack a day smoker for 20 years.

I was as happy as you when I found this forum, it's full of an overwhelming amount of info and helpful folks!
Curious to know if you are having the surgery here at U Cincinnati, or down there. (Cincy is kind of known for it)
Best wishes and congrats!

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com

Thanks again!

--Sabrina

Hi, Welcome to the coterie!

We r sorry to hear about ur dad's diagnosis and pray that he recovers soon. But we also appreciate/salute ur resolve - on both counts. Take care and be off the cancer-sticks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread