The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Might as well make with the introductions...

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by heroinesick, Mar 13, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. heroinesick

heroinesick Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 28, 2013
    Louisville, KY
    Hi folks, I'm newish to the forum, just started vaping two weeks ago this Wednesday, and I'm almost totally off ciggies! Yaaaay!

I'm 30 years old, and I've been smoking for 17 years. My main reason for trying to kick this habit is my dad's kidneys almost completely failed in January, and I'm desperate to give him a kidney, and the docs said that wasn't even a possibility unless I quit smoking. I'm hoping to be totally off of the stinkies by the end of the month. :) ( financial reasons don't hurt, either!)

I just wanna say, thank you all for this rockin' forum! It's awesome to have a place to turn too when starting, because it can seen like you might be fighting an uphill battle, and all of the different terms can be confusing without some help!

Thanks again!

--Sabrina

2. jeepguy

jeepguy Full Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Bluegrass
    Welcome to the forum! Ive been cig free for almost 6 months, been on here just for a few days now. Lots of info, lots of choices. Makes it easier to read some of the success stories and there are many members who want to help!
    Congrats!

3. heroinesick

heroinesick Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 28, 2013
    Louisville, KY
    Welcome to the forum, as well! Oo 6 months! Well done! What kind of setup are you using? I've been using an ego , thinking of trying an evic, but I'm loathe to spend the money at this point.

4. jeepguy

jeepguy Full Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Bluegrass
    Oh and small world, im in the ville too! :toast:

5. Joshua Grench Moffett

Joshua Grench Moffett Full Member Verified Member

Mar 11, 2013
    A, A
    Welcome.. This is my first day on the site but I've been virtually cigarette free for about 3 months now. I'm rocking 2 egos one with a drip tip atty and the other with a kanger t3 and I love em but I think I'm gonna jump up and grab myself a Vamo within the week.

6. Talyon

Talyon Vape 4 Life Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 21, 2013
    Toronto
    Welcome and keep,with it I've no doubt u can be 100% stinky free soon. Congrats.

7. chimsweep

chimsweep Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 2, 2013
    Hardwick, Ma
    Welcome Sabrina, it's good to peruse the forum and learn from the experiences of others.....I believe you are the first Teenage Witch that has graced this forum....:blink::2cool:

8. KATM

KATM Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 26, 2013
    Sunny Island
    Welcome.. haven't touched analogs for over 2 weeks now and I believe anyone can do it too :)

9. jfalbanese

jfalbanese Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 16, 2013
    Westport, WA
    the place to stop smoking is here with us. sorry about your father. everyone will be glad to help you any way they can. good luck.:toast:

10. xanderxman

xanderxman Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 10, 2012
    Ptown, VA
    That is probably one of the most noble reasons to quit smoking I have ever read. Quitting for yourself or your kids is fantastic. But quitting so you can donate an organ to your father. That is immense. Congrats on your success so far and I wish you well with your endeavor.

I am truly sorry to hear about your father and I hope that you can come back and update us on how well everything goes when you can finally donate. Good thoughts to you and yours.

11. nvglenns

nvglenns Full Member Verified Member

Feb 7, 2013
    Nevada
    Good luck Sabrina , you've got this! Your dad did a great job raising you to be so kind! I'm new here too, but it seems like you've found the right place for information and support. There are many helpful, supportive, knowledgeable people here! I'm looking forward to making some friends :)

12. NoleintheNati

NoleintheNati Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 24, 2013
    The Planet Ohio
    I'm 39. I gave my dad a kidney Dec 15th of 2011. It's going to much harder on you than for him lol.
    If you have questions let me know. I'm happy to tell you about my experience, before , during or after your recovery. You can PM me, or I will give you my email. You are doing a great thing! Smoking is REALLY bad for your kidneys. So be glad you found vaping now. I went cold turkey for about 4 months before the surgery. Went back to smoking 3 days after surgery when I left the hospital...continued until I discovered vaping about 3 weeks ago. No analogs since!! I was at least a pack a day smoker for 20 years.

I was as happy as you when I found this forum, it's full of an overwhelming amount of info and helpful folks!
    Curious to know if you are having the surgery here at U Cincinnati, or down there. (Cincy is kind of known for it)
    Best wishes and congrats!

13. qorax

qorax ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 6, 2013
    Brampton, Canada
    Hi, Welcome to the coterie!

We r sorry to hear about ur dad's diagnosis and pray that he recovers soon. But we also appreciate/salute ur resolve - on both counts. Take care and be off the cancer-sticks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.