Might be useful info for those oing the experiments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angela

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Hertfordshire, England
I know you are trying to gather information regarding people's usage and what makes attys die (ie PG or VG, a particular model, etc etc), so I though the following might be of use to you:

My partner and I both started vaping on the same day (31st March).
We both use M401s (Evo, Pilot and generic)
We have both started using passthroughs for part of the time during the last week / week and a half
We use the same juices (Ecopure which is VG based; various TW juices; plus DIY home mixes with PG, VG, TW and LorAnns)
We both blow out our attys and let them drain virtually every night (missed maybe one or two nights since we started)
I possibly vape a bit more than he does.

I have lost 2 attys during the time we have been vaping (one of those was due to my breaking it, and both were lost pretty early on in our vaping experience), whilst he has lost 10+ (2 today) !!!!!

The only difference that there can possibly be (that I can see anyhow) is our individual vaping style.

I know only having 2 people in a 'control group' isn't exactly definitive, but it's better than nothing! Anyway, not sure if it helps, but I thought I'd share.

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
That's a big difference! What might also help the experimenters is: does he inhale with much more strength then you do? And what about the length of inhalation, so seconds of inhaling per inhale (average)?
Also: have you swapped the passthrough with each other, to rule that out as cause? And are you both smoking from a same powersource (volts, amperage)?
How do your liquid-/cart-usages compare: does he use a lot more then you (could be, if he inhales stronger, for instance)?

I think this might be quite useful! :)

Angela

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Hertfordshire, England
That's a big difference! What might also help the experimenters is:
OK: Here goes...

does he inhale with much more strength then you do? And what about the length of inhalation, so seconds of inhaling per inhale (average)?
I do not think so. If anything, I'd say that I inhaled deeper, longer, and more often

Also: have you swapped the passthrough with each other, to rule that out as cause?
Yes, we have both used both passthroughs (plus, we have only been using the passthroughs for less than 2 weeks)

And are you both smoking from a same powersource (volts, amperage)?
Yes.

How do your liquid-/cart-usages compare: does he use a lot more then you (could be, if he inhales stronger, for instance)?
I probably use a bit more than he does.

I think this might be quite useful! :)
Hope it does! If there is any further information you think I might be able to supply, let me know!

Oh, and he killed another aty last night!!!

The one thing that I can think of that we have been doing differently, is that I think I have been a bit more careful about not letting the atty dry out. He had the habit of popping on a cart in the morning and vaping straight away, whereas I always either primed the atty with a drip or two of juice, or put a cart on and let the e-cig sit for 15 mins before vaping. Plus, I have always changed carts / re-filled / etc as soon as vapour starts dropping off, whereas he had a tendancy to take several more draws to check that the vapour was dropping off!

He is now going to change his habits to be more in line with mine to see if that changes anything, and I'll keep you posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread