Might not be an answer to this but......

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfeltch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2013
Hanover, Pa
I thought I would ask here for some help. I use the Killer rebuildable in my ibtanks. The bottom o-ring is a bit small to hold the bottom half of the atomizer in place when removing the atomizer from my mod or opening the juice control from the top. Does anyone know of an answer to this? I cant be the only one still using Killers. I also use sophia's and have a similar problem. Can anyone help me with this? OCD?

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
If I am understanding correctly you are looking for a tighter fit on the lower oring inside of the cap. I dont really know of any solution there. the inside oring we use on all of our caps is 10.1 x 1.6mm so if you can get a little more rubber in that groove it will tighten things up. IIRC we used to offer a #012 (imperial "inch" size) oring for a tighter fit when there were any issues with things being a little too loose. Since we have been with our current shop over the last couple of years we have not had any tolerance issues that needed changing size on these.

I would try the #012 or maybe a 10.5 x 1.5mm metric though I suspect the latter might be quite a bear to install.

sfeltch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2013
Hanover, Pa
OCD,

Thanks for the response. It is true that the killers and sophia work in your tanks. I use them all the time. Was just looking for a improvement to a minor issue. I will try the sizes suggested. Even if they dont work better or are to hard to install the ibtanks will still house my atomizers.

Thanks again for the response.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
No problem, hope you find the perfect fit. I think the #012 will get you what you are after. The 1.6mm is ~0.062" CS (Cross Section or thickness of the oring) and the 0** Imperial sizes are what is called 1/16" CS but are 0.070" actual. You might be surprised at what a change a small amount of thickness will supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread