Migraine headaches disappearing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annastasia

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2009
Portland, Oregon
www.annstorer.com
Anyone else here notice a difference in the frequency or intensity of their migraine headaches after they started vaping?

I used to get migraines several times a month, often 2-3 a week if I was stressed or not sleeping enough. Since I put down the cigarettes and started vaping, I've had less than a dozen migraines in four months. When I do get them, they are less intense and of shorter duration than they ever were before -- in the past, I would be knocked out for the day with blind spots and parts of my body numb. When I get them now, I can still function -- sometimes even without painkillers. That is amazing for me, after having debilitating headaches since I was 14 years old. Not sure if the two are related, but it's the only change in my lifestyle I can really point to.

Kinda makes sense, I think. Smoking constricts your blood vessels, and that constriction is at least part of the problem in migraine headaches, or so I hear. And any one of those 4,000 chemicals could be a trigger for some people.

Anyone else have this experience?

Nepenthy

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Cbus, Ohio
Ive experienced the same. I used to get them so bad my vision was like looking through moving water. I used to get these type of headaches at least twice a week and havent had a single one of them since I quit smoking 4 months ago! I would also get a "noise" in my head like rice crispies when you pour milk in the bowl, this was an every day thing and now its gone completely.

SheerLuckHolmes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2009
Tempe, Az
You read these types of testimonials and get real excited...then realize they are always dismissed as antidotal. So, unless you are telling a doctor that has you hooked up to a lot of machines what we individuals experience has no value... Except to you!

Great going guys! Keep vap'n and regain your health!!

My migraines started when I started smoking many moons ago. The new twist is my tension headaches, I received a sharp traumatic blow to the side of the head which put a dent in my dome.
Since then I get headaches that start in my shoulders and neck, and work their way to the top of my head. Which feels like spikes or claws digging into the skull above my forehead, when that happens my sinus cavity slams shut, my eyes get poofy and the migraine comes cruising in.. audio and visual warping, closest thing I can describe it as is the butterfly effect special effect. sensitivity to those damned white energy saving light bulbs.

Vaping for a week, 1 tension headache/nic withdraw headache and it was minor. So minor in fact that I sat back in dim light clouding my self. Poof all gone!

SO hell ya for vaping! no clogged sinuses, allergies are way better, no migraines, my sniffer and taster are working overtime and I am enjoying more with a ton less intake.
If the jama and FDA would like to study me and the effects of smoking v. vaping I would love to voulenter to be the guinea pig for that.

Luv2CUSmile

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2009
NC
I was diagnosed w/ migraines at 2 yrs old! Been on so many different meds since then and I get them to the point I literally want to squeeze me head til it pops to release pressure- They will last days on end - I just got my Dragon today- (1st e-cig)- I will definitely start to monitor and see if this helps to relieve them. Wow after 36 yrs could I really be done w/ the agonizing pain?- That would be great! & yeah- I hadn't thought about it but it does make sense- the blood vessels not constricting, pressure not building up... I also get them due to sinus problems, that may get cleared up to...
Wow, so many benefits! I am going to keep a journal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread