Mike n Tibs DNA Mods!

Status
Not open for further replies.

opuscroakus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Angelo, Tx
Took my new parts purchased in the co-op and spent the weekend putting together my DNA30. After locating a short and rectifying it is working great. The only thing I don't like is my terrible drilling skills put the up button out of alignment with the charge port and down button.

I took a Chi-you top cap and removed the center pins but kept the insulator. I then grabbed an insulator from a 510 connector and placed the spring loaded pin from the co-op in it and then seated it in the insulator from the Chi-You. Nice snug fit and it gives me a floatingish center pin.

Here are a couple pictures for you to laugh at..

IMG_20140323_172717.jpg IMG_20140323_172744.jpg PHOTO_20140323_173313.jpg

Texaslimo

Woof!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
TX
If you have room you could try springs under the contacts like the TGT 510 center pin.

Thanks Bap. That might very well work for the top pin. I believe the problem with the bottom adjustment is that my finger rotates the threaded firing button as it is pressed. After a while, it will have unintentionally 'readjusted' out of tolerance.

bapgood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2012
Utah
hmm are those lipos safe for APV use? Does the dna provide LVC? (seen those things balloon even on my r/c devices even with lvc... so a bit weary)

lol......yes lipo's are safe to run in a PV. Lipo's are used in cell phones as well as many other electronics, also as well as more than a few production PV's. Yes the DNA has lvc.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
7 hours in the making and it breaths vapor!!!

qanesydy.jpg

It has some character to it!! Screen is croocked, up down buttons not in line, and it looks like a micro stick of dinomite made the port for my charger lol. BUT I made it and it is the orange demon!!

Sent

and it works, doesn't it? ;)

opuscroakus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Angelo, Tx

It has some character to it!! Screen is croocked, up down buttons not in line, and it looks like a micro stick of dinomite made the port for my charger lol. BUT I made it and it is the orange demon!!

Looks like you and I went to the same fabrication school!:toast:

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States

qanesydy.jpg

Sent

Congrats. Nothing like hitting a Mod that YOU made yourself.......

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA

qanesydy.jpg

Sent

Nice! Enjoy it. Looks good next to that green one. :vapor:

And that's a lot of little drawers in the background. Yikes!

Skyfntm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Ozark, AL
Top of the class my friend!

Lol I was top of mine also!!

Nice! Enjoy it. Looks good next to that green one. :vapor:

And that's a lot of little drawers in the background. Yikes!

I am enjoying it!! Gotta have all those drawers for this that and the other. By the way, that's only half of them!!

I like my zombie provari!! I think they look good together also!!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Nouseforanick

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2014
Beside you
After receiving the items last Fri and working on it every now and then when i'm free after work, finally completed the DNA box mod..Sure is challenging to mount all into such a tight space & also working on that box using my dremel(Handheld with that extension)..Running on a single 18650 Sony VTC 4..The angel eye ring on the firing button lights up(Got that figure out after some experiment)

Much thanks to Mike for helping me to get the various items and providing valuable advice when i have some question. And also to mamu for the button,screen placement which i printed out to drill the holes with.

GIW4Vf4.jpg

Next up, to setup that Taifun GT clone which i got a few weeks back in anticipation for this box mod..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread