• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Military grade vaping gear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammym

Jun 15, 2014
United Kingdom
I need to find some stuff that can put up with a week of being stuck in my webbing or in my day sack. That can be thrown in and out of vehicles. And that is pretty much solid. Would help it it can put up with all the elements. So basically cheap plastics or glass are out. I know some stuff is metal, but I want to know if any of you have a recommendations?

Oh and it's got to have a big solid battery - because when I'm on exercise I can't plug it in every 5 minutes.

Waterproof isn't needed as I cant stick it in something waterproof. However ideally it's something that can put up with everything else. However size and weight are a consideration.

Basically I need a e-cig version of my g-shock. It doesn't have to be pretty or even the best performing, but it needs to be able to take whatever I throw at it.

Does such a thing exist?

Nat79

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2013
Springfield, OR
From what I've herd you may be talking about a REO, simple solid not cheap but throw a good atty on it and your good to go. I've been looking to get one and have yet to hear any thing bad.

If you like variable wattage their is a china mod think it's the LTV (not positive) but looks to be pretty durable and it is waterproof.

Good luck finding what you need, and from description given and thread title thank you.

Cool-breeze

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2013
Upstate sc
Yes.

REO.

Other items to consider are
Provari
MVP2
e-lvt
VTR

On the low cost side:
Mech mods.
Drippers.
Hybrids.

That pretty much says it all. Im inclined to say something on the mech route would be better simply for durability. My mvp has taken a beaten and done just fine. My provari is rock solid but I could see my kayfun hitting something and snapping at the 510 connection in a 'rough' environment. Im bias towards suggesting the reo because I just ordered one. Anyways reo/ provari... you won't find any devices with more support or fans than those two.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
You just described a REO

I was just about to say the same thing. :)

I even shorted one (sort of on purpose), the spring dropped and so the battery was taken out of connection.....unscrewed the sping and put in a new one in less than 4 minutes.......and happily resumed vaping.

Not much can go wrong with a mechnical REO short of placing it into a house fire, even then, most of it will still work except the melted bottle and tube, and perhaps one of the o rings.

And, if you buy a rebuild kit ----- annd have a screwdriver and a pair of pliers, you can rebuild your entire REO in under 10 minutes actually.

:)

Last edited:

PONKAW

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2011
Panama city
Samym...
I've been TDY over 30 times sometimes for 4 months or more... if I had to choose a devise it would be the Provari... Basically bullet-proof.
I like the Reo, had one for a year, but it does require minor maintenance and parts. As long as you have access to a charger, the Provari... I think, is the best for the field.
(Side note) a Kayfun... 100ft of kanthal and some cotton would probably do you well also...

D.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
OK, so that's an "indestructible" battery, REO, Provari and possibly an MVP, but what about indestructible tanks. A tank that is leak proof, can take hot weather, wont break with a fall etc. Am I right saying a Russian or Kayfun?

I second, or third or whatever were up to now, the REO. With a REO and an RM2 there is no need for a tank, you have an on board 6 ml juice bottle.

schuff

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2013
Dickson, TN
I'm also former military and I gotta say mechanical. Pick up a cheap kamry k101, smok turbo / smooth or something similar with a RDA.

Super low maintenance and who cares if anything gets wet/dirty. Wipe everything off and change cotton and you're golden again. The reason I say k101 is because there aren't lots of little pieces to lose.

lgustavus81

Jun 13, 2014
Houston TX
OK, so that's an "indestructible" battery, REO, Provari and possibly an MVP, but what about indestructible tanks. A tank that is leak proof, can take hot weather, wont break with a fall etc. Am I right saying a Russian or Kayfun?

Aspire Nautilus with the stainless steel replacement tank. Holds 5 ml of juice and I don't think you will have breaking issues:) uploadfromtaptalk1403274055094.jpg
Looks like this:) ignore the orings I put on it. It just my thing here lately:)

sent from my damned S4!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread