Million Vaper March?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yanks21

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2010
New York
I know as it now stands the problem with e-cig bans is coming at us quickly on a state by state basis so perhaps a "march on Washington" might now make sense to people but I don't think it could hurt if we could get media coverage.

Perhaps tens of thousands standing together in Washington would do more than a few hundred or a few thousand protesting in the various states (NY, IL and MD)

Is this a pipe dream?

Does anyone have any estimate as to the turn out for vapefest?

yanks21

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2010
New York
I live in NY - I could sleep 6 and drive down.

What our true numbers are is a blind spot for me and as people have stated you know there are countless people who are e-cig smokers but DON'T go online often let alone join a forum.

I mentioned this forum last night to a friend and he was like: WHY are you spending time talking to strangers online?

Perhaps the best we could hope for is some kind of coordinated effort that would occur at the same time on both coasts, the midwest, etc. certainly not ideal but perhaps better than nothing?

taz3cat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2008
Port Arthur, Texas
I live in NY - I could sleep 6 and drive down.

What our true numbers are is a blind spot for me and as people have stated you know there are countless people who are e-cig smokers but DON'T go online often let alone join a forum.

I mentioned this forum last night to a friend and he was like: WHY are you spending time talking to strangers online?

Perhaps the best we could hope for is some kind of coordinated effort that would occur at the same time on both coasts, the midwest, etc. certainly not ideal but perhaps better than nothing?

Yanks21, you need to get your people together and go to Albany, NY and nag your legislature. Get them to amend the bill to only ban the e-cigarettes to minors, that is all that needs to be done since the FDA will not classify them as tobacco products which automatically bans them for minors. If the FDA would do their job properly we would not be having these problems. Also remind them Judge Leon ruled they were tobacco products. The FDA is not the last word in this matter, the courts are.

curiousJan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
Central IL
I do have Vacation time to use. May not have the $$$ 4 the trip as it all seems to go to V4L these days.

I do have a perfectly functioning thumb and look good in a miniskirt (don't ask). So just give me the date and I will be there.

LETS March on the FDA Headquarters!!!! :evil:

Now there's an idea!

Jan

yanks21

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2010
New York
Sorry for those who replied yesterday I missed that more people had responded.

Yanks21, you need to get your people together and go to Albany, NY and nag your legislature. Get them to amend the bill to only ban the e-cigarettes to minors, that is all that needs to be done since the FDA will not classify them as tobacco products which automatically bans them for minors. If the FDA would do their job properly we would not be having these problems. Also remind them Judge Leon ruled they were tobacco products. The FDA is not the last word in this matter, the courts are.

Unfortunately taz I don't have "people" I am the only person amongst my immediate group of friends and family that smoke :(

I have both called and writen to my reps and other in neighboring districts.

Also, as stated in my original post:

Perhaps tens of thousands standing together in Washington would do more than a few hundred or a few thousand protesting in the various states (NY, IL and MD)

I'm sure you've seen both pathetic tea parties where about 40 people attended and larger ones were thousands did and anytime I've seen the ones where there are only 30-40 people they just come off as looking pathetic to me. Unfortunately, I don't think anything less than at least a few thousand would make much of a difference or getting any real kind of attention. :(

TWolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Northern MS
twolf2u.blogspot.com
With my luck I'd be standing next to the one asmatic in the crowd that is allergic to PG! (jk) Actually though vaping flash mobs sounds like a fun idea. It could get enough press to change some minds. I'm one of those who has yet to meet another vaper in person, so it would be an experience for me too.

But the aforementioned difficulty of getting off work and money to travel does come into play as well. As a single parent, I can definately relate!

Wish I could make the CASAA Concert, but already had plans to travel the opposite direction for a family vacation in DC at that time. Will definately try to be there for the next one though!

telsie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2009
Maryland
No one would really have to travel to participate. The idea would be to do them in various cities. The success would be whether or not there are enough vapers in any particular area that would show up to get any attention. I've never participated in any kind of flash mob before, but it always seems like a fun idea whenever I hear about them after the fact.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread