Not open for further replies.

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
Small fire today in the neighborhood. Nothing serious. But, of course, everybody on the street wandered by. I'm outside, talking to two, they light up.

I feel nothing. Don't care. Didn't even have the PV with me. It was in the house. Finished conversation, went back inside and vaped.

This stuff is almost freaky how well it can work...

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Small fire today in the neighborhood. Nothing serious. But, of course, everybody on the street wandered by. I'm outside, talking to two, they light up.

I feel nothing. Don't care. Didn't even have the PV with me. It was in the house. Finished conversation, went back inside and vaped.

This stuff is almost freaky how well it can work...

Its a great feeling isnt it?

Reminds me of the first time I told someone who was trying to bum a cigarette that I didnt smoke. For some reason that hit me....and hard..... a few minutes later and I couldnt help smiling.

Grab that feeling and remember it when youre tempted. :)

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home

Reminds me of the first time I told someone who was trying to bum a cigarette that I didnt smoke. For some reason that hit me....and hard..... a few minutes later and I couldnt help smiling.

Well said my friend, well said. I also love it when they ask for a light and I hand them a flashlight. Looks are priceless.

Whosback

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
I ran into an old ex of mine tonight (relationship ended when I realized that she is the type of girl that gets you on Jerry Springer) and we did the old curious thing and sat and talked for a bit. She smokes like a chimney and I just could not help but be glad that I did not go near those any more. She kept trying to get me to give up this "silly" vaping thing and "be a man" and smoke a stinky.

Yes the most macho thing a guy can do is end up on oxygen, all the girls flock to hold that tank for ya.

djtonyb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2010
Big Pine Key
I was reminded gently tonight how much my thoughts have strayed from cigarettes. There was some repair work going on in the house and my friend's dad needed to light up a plumber's torch to sweat some pipes... I fumbled around all of my pockets for a few minutes until it dawned on me that I don't carry a lighter anymore... they found some matches and I felt strangely happy that I couldn't help.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana

You know that is what is strange to me. I haven't been tempted. Not even once in 5 weeks.

The closest I come is the habit of heading outside. I get halfway to the door and its like "Oh wait I don't have to do that anymore."

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
When I started vaping, I really thought I would just cut back on cigs but never fully quit. I've been vaping almost 2 years now without smoking. I admit there's been about 4 times that I tried to take a couple puffs off someone's cig and just couldn't enjoy it at all. The last time was last June, almost a year ago. I still can't believe it. I have to be honest and say that about a week ago on the weekend when I knew I was going to have some drinks, I thought I might want to get a cig at the store for later that evening, and then I forgot to get it. There used to be a time that I NEVER would have forgot to get cigs! Lol. I've realized that I really am done on them, and that's a wonderful feeling.

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
I was reminded gently tonight how much my thoughts have strayed from cigarettes. There was some repair work going on in the house and my friend's dad needed to light up a plumber's torch to sweat some pipes... I fumbled around all of my pockets for a few minutes until it dawned on me that I don't carry a lighter anymore... they found some matches and I felt strangely happy that I couldn't help.

Back in '11, the Austin area had a wild ride with wildfires, including one that ripped by within about three (ish) miles from my neighborhood. We've all been a bit paranoid since (I was actually more irritated at the idea we had a fire going in the next lot over so they lit up two feet from my yard... bright people).

But I'd got into the habit of being even more careful about making sure I didn't forget a burning cig and such before leaving the house for the store or something. Every now and then, catch myself trying to "check the ashtrays" and having an, "oh... wait..." moment. :)

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
Its a great feeling isn't it?

Reminds me of the first time I told someone who was trying to bum a cigarette that I didn't smoke. For some reason that hit me....and hard..... a few minutes later and I couldn't help smiling.

Grab that feeling and remember it when you're tempted. :)

I'm hoping that's actually really gone. I noticed in the past week or so, something was different. I opened the cabinet where the last few cigs were (looking for something else), saw the pack, and just didn't care. For a while, even if I didn't have one, if I saw them or talked about it here, I had some urge to some degree to have one. Like it's just... gone away.

I mean, I expected something the first time I was around smokers after a while of having not been but I just didn't care. Except about the fire risk. I wasn't real happy about that...

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
Every once in a while I will get mildly tempted. Then I look at my cig counter and the temptation goes away. Well that and who would pick burnt turd over gummy bears or fresh fruit?

Exactly.

I didn't have the PV with me but just a few steps away were my clearos with my current "rotation", all so much better tasting than cigs ever were or could be. And bunches of lil' sample bottles steeping away with other flavors I haven't got to yet.

Cigs now seem like a choice of "blah" or "menthol blah". :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread