The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Minding Your mAhs Ep24 has been uploaded to my Battery Mooch YouTube channel

Discussion in 'Batteries and Chargers' started by Mooch, Nov 27, 2019.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Mooch

Mooch Electron Wrangler Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 13, 2015
    A quick video showing the crude prototype I built to test what I had learned about using solid state thermoelectric coolers (TECs), Peltier devices. The goal is to build a chamber to test up to four batteries at a time while simulating the cold weather they might be used in to measure their loss of performance.

The prototype can bring the test chamber down to -23°C(-9°F), meeting my initial goal of -20°C. The final version should be able to bring batteries down to -30°C (-22°F) even when being discharged hard and creating a lot of heat.

This video just introduces the prototype. If you would like to see a Part 2 video done to explain the TEC testing I did and to review my design decisions for the prototype please let me know in the comments for the video.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 3
  2. sonicbomb

sonicbomb Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    Don't you ever take a holiday, sheesh!#
    Cheers Mooch.

• Funny Funny x 1