mini MAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

bladebarrier

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
CT
Yes...exactly. MAP does not like making the mini. I don't think I will have them again. But, there will be the Mega MAP...

Will that be wider than the normal MAP, or smaller?

My lady took a look at my new MAP tank and said "as long as you're happy." Which I very much am, but I think she considers it an extension of my.... big battery.... I was hoping to get her a smaller version, as she seemed a bit put off by the size of it, and the fact that it is best kept in an erect position.

bladebarrier

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
CT
Go with the Ego T setup. I have both MAP and EGO T and I am finding I like the T better. Besides getting a MAP is a real challenge.

Any reasons why?

I have a standard resistance T (I even bought the joye v2 ego-t batteries), and two LR T's, and they're just awful. They worked great for about the first two ml I vaped. One atty pretty much started to fail immediately. Absolute garbage, from my experience, especially considering the price. I'm not new to atty's (though I am new to cartos), so I've done all of the usual suspect methods of troubleshooting the ego tanks.

The batteries seem ok. No complaints there, aside from the fact that they can't work as a passthrough, and don't have a standard USB charger connection.

I've had Joye batteries before, and the new on/off option is handy, but the ego-tank is just terrible, from my experience. Even when it briefly worked "well", it was far worse than a generic poly filled cart on my Leo. In fact, I found it worse than my old days doing drawn out cart mods with PTB's, straws, springs, auto-drip mechanisms, and such.

By a lot.

/Edited Final Note: I used the button on COV to let me know when one was available, via email, and when I got the email I ordered a tank. That didn't seem so hard. To get my Reo, I literally had to send my email request within one second of the notice going up, and used an atomic clock widget to queue me sending it. That was my third try. Now THAT was hard. Oh, and I got it on New years eve, and two thirds of the people that had their email transmit with a second or two delay, did not get one, that night. With the MAP tank, I had time to actually show my lady pictures, and ask her if she wanted one right away too, or if she wanted to try mine first. We had time to have conversation about it.

Last edited:

iVari

Dec 10, 2009
Michigan
Just cut the tube down on a regular map to fit the standard size CE2, then you'll have your mini. Just got to be careful when you cut it down that you don't take off too much.

I wish I had the nerves to do that lol. I only have one MAP tank and would be too scared to mess with it without having another one as a spare. I might try my hand at doing a homemade tank, I have some syringes that I can play around with as soon as I can get DH to find his Dremel set :)

bladebarrier

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
CT
I would use a block of wood as a guide when cutting it down to get a straight cut. Just hold the tube tight against the wood and use a hack saw, keep the saw blade against the end of the wood. I don't blame you though if you only have one map for now, I wouldn't want to risk screwing it up.

A hacksaw? I wouldn't cut up my worst enemy with a hack saw, let alone something I wanted to keep around, lol.

I would think that if you do any business with a local shop, they would make the cut for a bare minimum cost, if not for free. Hell, if you explained what it was for, most people would probably just be happy to do it, if only to learn what the heck an e-cig tank is.

If it's too long, go to your local hardware store, and ask them if they'd be willing to do the cut. i'd almost put money on the fact that they'd do it for free, or charge you under $2, if only to show they recorded a sale.

Tasteles

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2010
Ohio, USA
lol, I use a hack saw all the time to cut plastic tubes like this for site glasses at work. They are a little thicker than the ones used in the map.. I'm sure it'll do the job though, just got to let the blade do the work and take your time with it. Of course using a chop saw would be ideal. the maps that I have don't have a perfect straight cut them, I can see it with my eye that it's not square.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread