MINI MOVIE MOD REVIEW. mod by Parallex2, not for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
This is my first actual review so I am just gonna wing it, please be easy on me. So, if you are on this forum for more than 5 minutes then you have probably seen Parallex2 on this forum, he has a pretty large presence on this forum, especially the modders forum. That being said, a while back I was scrolling through the modders forum and came across Parallex2's mini movie mod. I have an infatuation with mini things and I decided that I had to have one. After bugging Para for a while he finally gave in and let me trade some malty toffee for one. I will get to the device now.
SIZE
The mini movie mod got its namesake because it is a great stealth device for taking to the movies. It is very small, it measures without atomizer connected, 44mm long, 26mm wide, and 18mm deep . What helps in keeping this thing small is that the connector is built inside the box so a standard atty with a shorty drip tip only adds 23mm to the overall length. With these dimensions, you can easily wrap your fingers all the way around it so you see nothing. Great stealth device.
Function

This thing works like a box mod works, it uses a 350mah 14250 battery which is not a large battery but will get most people through the average length movie and is also better than a standard e cig battery. I like the switch on this thing as well, it is that very small metal tact switch that you see in some other mods, it almost looks like a little ball bearing. I have been using this off and on for a few weeks and it has fired for me every time except one time I had to roll the battery a bit to make better contact. It also has and on off switch in case you put it in your pocket.

Fit and Finish

Para gave me a choice of colors for the box, I cant remember what the name of the color was that I picked but it is kinda hard to describe, it is brown but coppery at the same time and it is slightly textured and also has a shimmer to it. It looks like it was professionally painted and the pictures literally do not do it justice. I think Para used a modified single AA battery box to make this, he somehow cut out a section of it and glued the pieces back together to make it half the size. I honestly would not have known that unless he told me because you can not find a seam. He must have a really straight, straight edge lol. The door comes off pretty easily and everything inside looks pretty professional as well. It is a tight squeeze in there though so you need to do things a certain way so everything fits properly.

Things I might Change

There are a couple things that I would change if I could. One thing is that the atomizer connector is not sealed so dripping did not go to well for me, I can actually probably seal that up myself with a touch of solder. The next thing I would change is really just being nitpicky but if there was anyway to put the switch on the top next to where the atty comes out I think it would be a little more comfortable to use in the palm of your hand. I realize that there is not room for that with the current layout but that is just a thought I had. The last thing is also not a big deal but since this is a covert vaping device it would be nice if the switch was not clicky. I like the feel and sound of the clicky switch but I tend to pulse the button when I vape so that click would draw attention when clicking repeatadly.

Conclusion

I really do like this thing, while it is not a device that I would carry with me everyday, it is perfect for those times that you need to be discreet. This mod is not for sale but I still wanted to share it with everyone. I would also like to thank Parallex2 for the pride he puts into his work,it really does show. Here are some pics....
DSC01215.jpg DSC01217.jpg DSC01211.jpg DSC01219.jpg DSC01220.jpg In order,pic1 in front of hand, pic2 with 2 14500 evercool battery box mod,
pic3, with 18350 battery just for size reference, pic 4with roughstack v2, pic 4, with door off, insides.

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
I have no problem stealth vaping an 18650 tube mod at the movies. It's all in the technique.

I have pretty small hands so I dont think that would work for me but good for you. I think the point is that this would be a lot easier to conceal. What about at a wedding or a well lit get togethers? The movies are one thing because they are dark for the most part but well lit areas will make a 18650 mod hard to conceal depending on the size of your hands. All I know is that even with my dinky little hands I can completely conceal this thing, most of the time I do not need to conceal my ecigs but this does come in handy when do need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread