Mini Nova Dual Coil Tank and Beretta Semi-Auto Battery Review...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rightcoastvapor510

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2009
Ludlow, Vermont
I have been hitting this setup religiously for the last few days, and all I can say is... Where was this APV when I started vaping??!!

First, my comments on the Beretta, This thing is awesome, while I never really liked auto batteries, I find myself hitting this in auto mode almost all the time, it never fails to activate, and there seems to be no need for "primer puffs" at all, one pull is enough for a full cloud of vapor, and perfect throat hit, at least on the Mini Nova tank. I love the twist dial for variable voltage too, and it lasts... I vaped for about 7 hours consistently at 4.8v. with only about an hour break once.

Now for the Mini Nova tank, I had just started into dual coils recently with the Crystal Vision Dual coil Clearomizer, and had my reservations about dual coils, being too hot burning, however, that depended on the juice as well, but this Nova just works, every time, without fail, it wicks very well, and does not falter even at the end of the battery charge, flavor is all there, took a bit at first, as it seemed to tame down the flavor quite a bit compared to the CV Clearo, but it broke in real quick, and there is absolutely no loss of flavor now.

The only thing that worries me at the moment, is that after three days, I seem to have over burnt the Coil head, as I get a slight burning sensation in the back of my throat, but Only at higher voltages. But I have no replacements yet...

Vape on!:vapor:

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
I have found that when running at 4.8 it is best to tilt them every hit to make sure the wicks are fully saturated... Its a habit now, but in the beginning I would get dry hits from time to time. However for the most part (with almost all liquids) I run them just a hair over 4.3 ... If I'm running one of my homegrown 90%VG I will turn it up for a GIANT throat hit and vapor, but not often. Thanks for the feedback!
Drew

rightcoastvapor510

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2009
Ludlow, Vermont
I just wanted to add a little note that the CV Dual coil clearomizer loves the Beretta Semi-Auto VV battery, @ 4.8v

Also, I took the Mini Nova Coil out and looked at the coils, they are both pitch black, I have more on the way, but this coil is currently soaking in rubbing alcohol to see if I can clean it up some, more on this later!

Vape On!:vapor:

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    You're awesome Drew. I wasn't trying to be negative. I love the revolver kit I got from you and almost exclusively use the crystal vision clearos since I got the first one with that kit. An automatic battery sounds very attractive to me but the price point has kept me from trying one. Maybe I'm just a tightwad. It wouldn't be the worst thing I've been called.

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
    Mar 14, 2009
    New Jersey
    www.nhaler.com
    I realize it seems pricey, but it is dual mode (auto or manual) and it also has the Revolver VV function. It was a GIANT cost having these developed and at first glance they do seem expensive. A normal Revolver/Spinner /Twist battery is a little pricey as it is and add the dual mode and there you are! I appreciate your feedback as usual Hitt.
    Drew

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    It's been a tough summer financially for us and I've been having to watch my pennies. Between medical bills and the usual expense of two teenagers things have been a litte tight. That and my wife's car bit the dust so I'm back to having a car payment. I'm sure others have it rougher than me and I shouldn't complain but I do sometimes anyway.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread