Mini Owners...would you buy a 18650 extension for the Mini if they became available?

Mini owners...Would you purchase a Provari Mini extension cap for 18650 batteries if it were $30?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tinstar15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Lakeland, FL
Don't have a mini, but it's an interesting idea. I have a few mods that have the ability to accept smaller batteries, but it's a feature I never use. In general, I tend to go for longer battery life than inconspicuous size. I have other mods that are far easier to conceal than a Provari mini or a Megalodon in mini mode. Heck, I've never even used the 18500 cap on my Provari full size mods.

That said, if Provape comes out with a mini 18650 extention, I'd buy that and a mini to go along with it. :)

conan

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2011
USA
I chose $30 to play on the safe side in case it required additional metalworking giving the larger size. To be honest, I know very little about metalworking so I chose to err on the side of caution :p

Fair enough. I would purchase the extension to use 18650 batteries, but I would like to pay 19.95 like my standard Provari's though.

babemomlover

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2012
Ann Arbor, MI
If they include an 18650 extension cap for the mini they could just take the V2 off the market.
They wouldn't want to just ditch the whole model.
While it is a good idea, it renders the v2 useless.
But in my eyes since they're the exact same price the mini is already useless because of the shorter battery life.

Just my two cents.

NickZac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2012
Baltimore, Maryland--US
If they include an 18650 extension cap for the mini they could just take the V2 off the market.
They wouldn't want to just ditch the whole model.
While it is a good idea, it renders the v2 useless.
But in my eyes since they're the exact same price the mini is already useless because of the shorter battery life.

Just my two cents.

Same here. I have 2 standards and use 18650s in both. The mini just would not do it for me.

I know the feeling. I can do well with the 18490 as I only use 2 a day, but with the 390s its closer to 5-6-ish.

The reasons I ask even though it would make the full size harder to sell is because the mini is more compact. The mini with extension is actually shorter than the standard V2. I also like the tear-drop design for both traction and visible appeal.

tobarger

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2010
NorthCoastOhio
I have absolutely no use for a mini Provari.
I don't even think it would make a good paper weight.

If it can't take a battery that will at least last me all day, then you couldn't pay me to use it.
Thats why I have a standard with with extender cap and will never buy a mini.

Of course an 18650 end cap for the mini makes perfect sense and would be a beautiful thing.

Theres only one problem.
You can not sell an end cap for $159.95 ("On Sale")

Last edited:

siouxsie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Minnesota
I would buy it for sure, but I also don't think they'd do it because what would happen to the original size?

For those who wouldn't buy a mini because they like the 18650s...I was one of you. But when I saw the black mini with green LED, well, it's beautiful. And it really is smaller than you imagine. If you just get one Provari, it would be the full size with extension but if you like multiples, like me, a mini became an option when I thought it never would, when the satin silver first came out.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
I'd probably buy it and keep it in the drawer with the 2 extension caps I have for my 2 full size ProVari's.

I just like the looks of the black (all mine are black) ProVari's with the SS end cap. For me, I don't mind the batt life of mini or standard with 18350 and 18490's. I'm a chain vapor - and just keep extra batts available or with me when I go out.

eyebedam

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2011
Mt. Juliet TN
I'm curious as to if Provape offered a 18650 extension for the mini if other people would be interested in it, as I certainly am. The flexibility it would add would be plenty worth the additional $30, at least to me. Does anyone else have an interest in this?

Why not the standard price? Why increase the price to 30$?

Well I wouldn't have a problem with the little extra cost if they put something like a Batman Logo on the cap & donated a percentage of the sales of the cap alone to the victims of the families involved in the shooting the other day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread