The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Mini Owners...would you buy a 18650 extension for the Mini if they became available?

Discussion in 'ProVari' started by NickZac, Jun 11, 2012.

Mini owners...Would you purchase a Provari Mini extension cap for 18650 batteries if it were $30?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Maybe

4. Other

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. NickZac

NickZac Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I'm curious as to if Provape offered a 18650 extension for the mini if other people would be interested in it, as I certainly am. The flexibility it would add would be plenty worth the additional $30, at least to me. Does anyone else have an interest in this?

2. conan

conan Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 7, 2011
    USA
    Why not the standard price? Why increase the price to 30$?

3. tinstar15

tinstar15 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 29, 2009
    Lakeland, FL
    Don't have a mini, but it's an interesting idea. I have a few mods that have the ability to accept smaller batteries, but it's a feature I never use. In general, I tend to go for longer battery life than inconspicuous size. I have other mods that are far easier to conceal than a Provari mini or a Megalodon in mini mode. Heck, I've never even used the 18500 cap on my Provari full size mods.

That said, if Provape comes out with a mini 18650 extention, I'd buy that and a mini to go along with it. :)

4. PONKAW

PONKAW Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2011
    Panama city
    I said no...
    The mini is fine, and with the 18500 extension I think its just right. It definitely doesn't need any more weight.
    Around the house = 18500, In the car = 18350... =awesome.

Don

5. hellsh0cked

hellsh0cked Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 14, 2011
    Connecticut
    I think it's a brilliant idea. It combines the benefits of both models into a single base unit. Want something small and pocket friendly and not going to be out all day, normal end cap. Going to be out all day and don't want to carry extra batteries, 18650 end cap. I would definitely pick one up if they made one.

6. grruss

grruss Vaping Master ECF Veteran

May 23, 2012
    Grand Rapids
    I guess when I read this my first reaction was, "Why not just buy a standard?"

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

7. motox

motox Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 30, 2010
    Poinciana, FL
    Absolutely! Think about it - you would have one incredible mod that could use three battery sizes - tailor it to your needs for the day!

8. NickZac

I chose $30 to play on the safe side in case it required additional metalworking giving the larger size. To be honest, I know very little about metalworking so I chose to err on the side of caution :p

9. conan

conan Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 7, 2011
    USA
    Fair enough. I would purchase the extension to use 18650 batteries, but I would like to pay 19.95 like my standard Provari's though.

10. babemomlover

babemomlover Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 23, 2012
    Ann Arbor, MI
    If they include an 18650 extension cap for the mini they could just take the V2 off the market.
    They wouldn't want to just ditch the whole model.
    While it is a good idea, it renders the v2 useless.
    But in my eyes since they're the exact same price the mini is already useless because of the shorter battery life.

Just my two cents.

11. Dana A

Dana A Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 25, 2012
    Iowa
    Same here. I have 2 standards and use 18650s in both. The mini just would not do it for me.

12. NickZac

I know the feeling. I can do well with the 18490 as I only use 2 a day, but with the 390s its closer to 5-6-ish.

The reasons I ask even though it would make the full size harder to sell is because the mini is more compact. The mini with extension is actually shorter than the standard V2. I also like the tear-drop design for both traction and visible appeal.

13. Huffelpuff

Huffelpuff Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 27, 2011
    Philadelphia Burbs
    I had two of the v1 ProVaris and now own a mini. Love using it but would like to have the 18650 extension just in case. I've got tons of them laying around and would make the ProV more versatile. Sounds like a win/win to me.

14. tobarger

tobarger Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 28, 2010
    NorthCoastOhio
    I have absolutely no use for a mini Provari.
    I don't even think it would make a good paper weight.

If it can't take a battery that will at least last me all day, then you couldn't pay me to use it.
    Thats why I have a standard with with extender cap and will never buy a mini.

Of course an 18650 end cap for the mini makes perfect sense and would be a beautiful thing.

Theres only one problem.
    You can not sell an end cap for $159.95 ("On Sale")

15. twohandedcreations

twohandedcreations Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 19, 2011
    orlando florida
    I Would, I have a mini with the extension cap for the 18490 and its great! but I have alot of 18650s laying around for my GG so it would be nice to have the option should I choose!!

16. siouxsie

siouxsie Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 9, 2010
    Minnesota
    I would buy it for sure, but I also don't think they'd do it because what would happen to the original size?

For those who wouldn't buy a mini because they like the 18650s...I was one of you. But when I saw the black mini with green LED, well, it's beautiful. And it really is smaller than you imagine. If you just get one Provari, it would be the full size with extension but if you like multiples, like me, a mini became an option when I thought it never would, when the satin silver first came out.

17. katz-in-boots

katz-in-boots Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 21, 2011
    Under Down Under
    I don't think I would buy it. THe full-size is too big & heavy for my injured hands, the mini is just right. I've got the extension, I will use it sometimes but not much.

18. MikeE3

MikeE3 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 23, 2011
    Skippack, PA
    I'd probably buy it and keep it in the drawer with the 2 extension caps I have for my 2 full size ProVari's.

I just like the looks of the black (all mine are black) ProVari's with the SS end cap. For me, I don't mind the batt life of mini or standard with 18350 and 18490's. I'm a chain vapor - and just keep extra batts available or with me when I go out.

19. eyebedam

eyebedam Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 14, 2011
    Mt. Juliet TN

Well I wouldn't have a problem with the little extra cost if they put something like a Batman Logo on the cap & donated a percentage of the sales of the cap alone to the victims of the families involved in the shooting the other day.

20. Andyhrn

Andyhrn Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 1, 2011
    TX
    The Mini battery lasts trough about 7ml of a e-juice (Vivi Nova 2.4 ohm w/5v setting )before light starts flashing (3.42v on my 18350).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.