The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Mini Owners...would you buy a 18650 extension for the Mini if they became available?

Discussion in 'ProVari' started by NickZac, Jun 11, 2012.

Mini owners...Would you purchase a Provari Mini extension cap for 18650 batteries if it were $30?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Maybe

4. Other

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Skyway

Skyway Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    NC - USA
    There is a female 510 connection on the Provari. For the Hippo to work, it has a piece that has a male 510 connection on one side and a female connection on the other, the piece your atty would connect too. So it is like using an adapter, then the skit screws onto this new adapter. The threads in the female 510 connector on this adapter are a bit tighter than the standard 510 connection of the Provari which changes how the air flow works, even with the Hippo ring fully open. So if you have the "air flow ring" open, the air flow of the device is still different from just using your atty on your Provari.
    I realize this may sound confusing until you actually see everything the Hippo in-tales. If I get some time later, I will take some more detailed pictures so everyone can see it.

2. Beretta

Beretta Unresolved Status Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 14, 2013
    Mars
    I submitted this thread to the Provari helpdesk, asking them to send this thread to the executives for review and consideration.

3. Beretta

Beretta Unresolved Status Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 14, 2013
    Mars
    Here is the response I got back.

ProVape Support, Jan 22 11:45 am (PST):

Hi,

Thank you for the suggestion. We always appreciate the feedback. I will definitely take this to our design team!

Kindly,
    Jennifer

4. Thompson

Thompson Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 14, 2012
    North of NorCal
    Curious to see those pictures. I want a hippo (or something like it) to give that nice straight finished look.

With a genesis style RBA it wouldn't matter too much if the draw was changed through the 510, as they use the side airhole. I feel the hippo really works best with the larger sized delivery systems.

5. Skyway

Skyway Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    NC - USA
    Yeah, in your case, it would be golden. No need for air flow through the adjuster or the thread.

6. Thompson

Thompson Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 14, 2012
    North of NorCal
    They just look so nice

:D

Been debating swooping one, adding it to the cart, but haven't quite clicked that purchase button yet.

7. LongDraw

LongDraw Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 3, 2012
    Suburbs, IL
    Acutally you expalined it very well, thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.