The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Mini Pipe....holy mackerel!!!

Discussion in 'Mini Pipe' started by ZambucaLu, Mar 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ZambucaLu

ZambucaLu ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central NY, USA
  2. Walrus

Walrus Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 3, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Damn I wish I'd been on time to get an order in.

3. ZambucaLu

Supporting member
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central NY, USA
  4. Vince1

Vince1 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 6, 2009
    Down South, USA.
    Craaaaaaaap! Those Chinese never miss a money maker!

5. tribalmasters

tribalmasters Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 19, 2008
    United Kingdom
    WOW!!!! Thats a penstyle atomiser right there!!!

6. aldo

aldo Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 5, 2008
    Greece
    OK....lets take a pause here ....maybe i am jealous that some of you got the "pipe" and i did not :mad:....or maby the "lady pipe" is not as big of an item as i (we) originaly thought:oops:.
    The reason i wanted it "bad" in the begining , it was mostly about the bigger battery (i thought) ...as it turns out the highest mah of that size battery we can find is 300mah ( that is only 20 mah higher than the penstyle ) every thing else is practicly the same with the penstyle (cartridge content , atomizer)...but the price is double than a penstyle .....
    Maybe i am just crying "sour grapes" or maybe the lady pipe is not as big of a deal as we originaly thought........imho

7. Vince1

Feb 6, 2009
    Down South, USA.
    The selling point of the mini-pipe for me was the Changeable battery, for $5. Plus the pocketability ( just drop in shirt pocket) and ease of hand concealment for use when a penstyle would be too obvious.

8. aldo

Dec 5, 2008
    Greece
    Just in case of ........i am not out to make the "lady pipe " look like crap....its a good product... just stating my thoughts ... i am shure each one of us has their reasons for choosing the devices we use.

9. Vince1

Feb 6, 2009
    Down South, USA.
    Aldo, you are correct about the pipe. It's performance is the same as a penstyle, It's just a different shape.

10. trog100

trog100 Moved On ECF Veteran

May 23, 2008
    UK
    surely this is what the lady pipe should sell to the public at.. not some chinese wholesale price..

De Partysmoker koopt u bij: Handelsonderneming Nimaco

and i aint knocking the product either i think its a good one.. but it is just a classic atomizer powered by a slightly bigger battery.. the shape probably is also better.. not so long..

but if those heads are not available as spares it kinda flies in the same league at the much raved about loong totem idea.. not practical for long term use cos some of the spare parts are too expensive..

it does all come down to how long those heeds last.. and if they become available as spare parts.. if they dont a dead switch means another 75 euros for a complete new pipe..

which still leave the generic classic penstyle sat out in front as the best overall device between the two.. generic classic batteries and switches come cheap..

trog

11. Vince1

Feb 6, 2009
    Down South, USA.
    I think mine will end up with a hole in the side and a manual switch. But you are correct about the price of the replacement as most people won't be able to do the mod and may be stuck buying a new one after the vacuum switch stops working.

12. ZambucaLu

Supporting member
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central NY, USA
    The battery was my initial selling point but actually, I love the feel of the pipe...and the look...it's just so dang cute!

When I'm using it, sometimes I wrap my fingers around the head...sometimes I tap on it. It's small enough to hold out of the side of my mouth (just like a pipe!) For me, this thing has "character" my pen doesn't have. I have loved my pens....but I feel the pipe will be just as good, with these added benefits.

Lu

13. Vince1

Feb 6, 2009
    Down South, USA.
    Let's not forget the class factor when you take a long thoughtful draw of the pipe and then point it at someone indication that you actually know what you are talking about whether you do or not.

14. Cellmeister

Cellmeister Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 3, 2009
    Beantown, USA
    OK I am Still Confused (several different responses) What Frigin Battery is In The Lady Pipe?

Can Some Take a Good Pic?

Thanks In Advance!

15. Vince1

Feb 6, 2009
    Down South, USA.
  16. aldo

Dec 5, 2008
    Greece
    Vince......I am with you on that point:)

[Let's not forget the class factor when you take a long thoughtful draw of the pipe and then point it at someone indication that you actually know what you are talking about whether you do or not.]

17. ZambucaLu

Supporting member
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central NY, USA
    Yes! That's definitely another selling point! :lol:

Lu

18. Cellmeister

Cellmeister Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 3, 2009
    Beantown, USA

Thanks Vince, I think I have some or can get some, if I remember correctly these are special application batteries & there was (2) types of them.

I got Them here before : CellPhone-Store.com

Thanks

19. aldo

Dec 5, 2008
    Greece
    And i agree with Lu about the size and the way it feels on the hand etc...
    But still ....duble the price just for aesthetic advantages....
    I am looking at it from the"value for money" point of view...the penstyle battery might cost a couple $ more but with every battery you buy you get a brand new flow switch.

20. ZambucaLu

Supporting member
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central NY, USA
    Well, why does anyone buy anything that might be more expensive? Why the KB? The Sedansa? Different devices bring different things to different people. Just like I prefer the manual switch to the auto. Do they cost more? Generally, yes....but there's just something about that switch I prefer. Does it do the same job as the auto? In the end, yes. Just a personal preference, I guess.

Hope that answers your question.

Lu

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.