Not open for further replies.

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
All at 4-8mg, most at 125% flavor load

Throat Hit: With such low nicotine, I obviously don’t get (and don’t particularly want) a lot.

Vapor: I do love being in a cloud of vapor. I take long, slow inhales and all of deej’s flavors produce enough to hide the computer screen for a second or two. Anytime they don’t, it’s a sure sign that either I accidentally set the voltage too low (I prefer about 4.4V) or that the tank and wick are badly in need of a bath.

Currently in PVs
Apricot/Raspberry Cheesecake - if I could only have one e-liquid, this would be it. Sweet, but not gooey or cloying; toasty; rich; complex and delicious. This one tastes like Italian (ricotta-based) cheesecake to me rather than New York (cream cheese-based.)

Tiramisu - most coffee flavors are too strong for me. (I describe my ice coffee as "the color of cheap coffee ice cream. Häagen Dazs is too dark.") deej really got the complex flavor of the desert into liquid form — coffee, chocolate, mascarpone. I recently discovered that adding Tahitian Vanilla Taffy turns it into a great Tiramisu/coffee milkshake.

Peppermint Taffy - tastes like and feels like a lump of peppermint taffy melting on your tongue. I frequently add Chocolate Taffy for a York Peppermint Taffy taste. PT is also a great mixer — add a little to flavors you don't like and it makes them quite vapable.

Black Cherry Taffy - the fruit taffies are my palate cleansers — delicate, sweet and delicious. The Black Cherry is one of the stronger fruit taffies.

Sweet Gingerbread - this is my first bottle of this from deej. It tastes like the real thing and is very good but there's a touch of something (I think it's cinnamon or cloves) that will keep it out of my rotation once this bottle is gone. Whatever that flavor is, it belongs in gingerbread. It's part of what makes the juice taste like the real thing, but I prefer ginger without it.

Flavors so good I’ve re-ordered them at least once. Some are on hand, awaiting available tanks
Apple Taffy
Apricot Taffy
Banana Taffy
Pear Taffy
Pomegranate Taffy
Raspberry Taffy
Strawberry Taffy

See the description of the Black Cherry Taffy, above. Overall, I find the fruit taffies subtler, less sweet and less in-your-face than the straight fruit flavors.
The apple and the pear are the lightest — if you like a lot of flavor, I’d recommend 150% for them – but I love them at 125% for those times I don’t want overpowering flavor. The pomegranate is the tartest of the bunch — I frequent mix some fruit taffies together but I wouldn’t that with the pom. Once they’re gone, I’ll probably only have one or two fruit taffies in the house at any given time, but all of these will make the rotation.

Bluemel Caraberry - I didn’t like this at first so I put it away. A month or so later, I decided to try it once more before getting rid of it. I’m glad I did. It aged beautifully. I would never have thought of combining blueberry and caramel but it’s a delicious, sweet and fruity vape. It’s darker than most of deej’s liquid.

Butternilla – deej has three butterscotch/vanilla combos with different ratios of the butterscotch and vanilla. Butternilla is 75% butterscotch; Vanillascotch is 75% vanilla and Vanilla Butterscotch is 50/50. I liked all three but, obviously, I’m only going to keep buying one of them. Butternilla won. It’s a delicious, creamy butterscotch, reminiscent of creamy butterscotches like those by Callard & Bowser, rather than those bright yellow circles of butterscotch (which I also like.)

Chocolate Taffy – good on it’s own, great with Peppermint Taffy. Chocolate seems to be a very difficult flavor to recreate in e-liquid form. Most seem to taste like the chocolate liqueur candy makers use or like baking chocolate. This one got it right. Sweet, chocolate-y and not overly rich.

deej’s English Toffee – I didn’t let the first bottle steep long enough but, toward the end, it was turning into a nice, creamy toffee with a touch of chocolate (see Butternilla, above.)

Tahitian Vanilla Taffy – If you like vanilla, this is an excellent vape on it’s own. I also love it mixed with the fruit taffies and, like the Peppermint Taffy, it’s a very good mixer for e-liquids that you almost-but-don’t-quite like.

Vanilla Cola – No idea why I bought this, but I'm glad I did. I stopped drinking colas years ago and now they all taste like a bunch of chemicals to me. But once it finished steeping for long enough, this doesn’t. It tastes like what I think the original colas, which were make with kola beans, were like. It’s a rich, complex flavor and the vanilla adds just the right touch.

One-time purchases (recommended, but…)
Blueberry Waffles
Caramel Waffles

Both are waffle-y but they didn’t make the cut. deej is coming out with a Bavarian Waffle line. I’ll probably try that version as these were close to being a real hit for me.

Caramel Cappuccino – as I said above, I like very, very light coffee flavors. This was too strong for me.

Mango Cheesecake – I’m not a huge fan of cheesecake in real life. Stick a piece in front of me and I’ll eat it but I never order it (or try to bake one.) So I really only have room for one cheesecake in my lineup. I’ve tasted the mango a couple of times. It’s good. It tastes just like mango cheesecake should. But, once this bottle is gone, it will be shoved out of my line-up by the Apricot/Raspberry Cheesecake.

ButterPaw Crunch – I think this is one of those flavors I would have liked better if I had let it steep longer before I finished the bottle. Even with insufficient steeping, it did taste a bit like Butterfingers and, had I given it more time, I think that would have been more evident. The fact that I finished it before it was "ripe" speaks well of it but there are other, related flavors from deej, that I prefer.

Cantamelon – “cantaloupe and watermelon blended together.” Cantaloupe is probably my least favorite melon. It was good enough to finish but it’s not for me

Salt Water Taffy – excellent. Tastes like what you get on the boardwalk at the Shore. But I prefer the fruit, peppermint & chocolate versions (in the candy as well as the e-liquid.)

Vanilla Cupcake – tastes like the real thing but I like my cupcakes to be frosted. :)

Zen Garden – I bought a 20ml bottle of this and keep forgetting to finish the last 6ml. deej has correctly categorized it as “Indescribable.” It has a little bit of a kick to it which most of my flavors don’t. I’d probably vape it more (and buy it again) if there weren’t so many flavors I like even better.

Own but not yet tasted
Bananas ‘n’ Cream – new flavor. Ordered it this morning. Awaiting arrival.
Blackberry Taffy
Cucumber
Hypnotic Mist
Skiwi
Strawberries ‘n’ Cream – new flavor. Ordered it this morning. Awaiting arrival.
Toffee Corn – I was a beta tester on the popcorns (probably because I’d been clamoring for them for over a year.) The toffee was my favorite but I know deej has tweaked the recipe a bit so I can’t review the final flavor yet. Ordered it this morning.

deejStuff flavors I did not like. At all
Pecan Waffles & Waffles – two of deej’s most popular flavors. I hated them.
Chocolate Fudge Brownie – I prefer Hershey’s to Godiva. This is Godiva dark chocolate on steroids. I can’t even figure out what to mix it with.
Watermelon Taffy – the only fruit taffy from deej that I didn't like.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread