Minifit battery continues to fire after I stop inhaling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Have you checked to make sure the fire button is popping back up when you release it? Sometimes they get stuck down. Other than that, I've not heard of anyone resolving this sort of situation without taking the device apart and playing with the electronics, which takes some background knowledge. I'm afraid the device is probably dead (and not very safe).

For future reference, your problem is actually with the mod, not the battery. The battery forum is for actual battery cells. You have an internal battery, so the confusion is understandable, and you're by no means the first person to make that mistake.

Since the minifit is a pod mod, I believe you want to be here: Vape Pod Systems A mod will probably be along to move the post before too long.

Beth Ann Poole

Aug 26, 2019
Have you checked to make sure the fire button is popping back up when you release it? Sometimes they get stuck down. Other than that, I've not heard of anyone resolving this sort of situation without taking the device apart and playing with the electronics, which takes some background knowledge. I'm afraid the device is probably dead (and not very safe).

For future reference, your problem is actually with the mod, not the battery. The battery forum is for actual battery cells. You have an internal battery, so the confusion is understandable, and you're by no means the first person to make that mistake.

Since the minifit is a pod mod, I believe you want to be here: Vape Pod Systems A mod will probably be along to move the post before too long.
m

Not sure how to navigate yet sorry , I knew it was the battery it does pop up and suddenly it will fire even without me touching. They are so great I hate to throw it away but at that good of a price I can at least replace it thanks for the help

Beth Ann Poole

Aug 26, 2019
Minifit it is a great device I get lots of vape they're tiny and the price is great I just have one that continues to fire even though I've let up on the button and sometimes when I even get it to stop firing it'll just burn randomly by itself the only way to stop it is to take the pod off of it I. wonI'm waspoditive it's deringthe battery since I've replaced the pod. is there anybody else having the problem if there is was I couthere something you could do or if I just needed to dispose of it

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Minifit it is a great device I get lots of vape they're tiny and the price is great I just have one that continues to fire even though I've let up on the button and sometimes when I even get it to stop firing it'll just burn randomly by itself the only way to stop it is to take the pod off of it I.
It's NOT a great device if it is auto firing. Its a danger to yourself and others.

Return it if it is under warranty. If not, dispose of it. No fixes.

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
It sounds like it is a bad unit. Would not take a chance on it. If newer, maybe bring it back where you bought it. If older, might be better to just dispose of it. Even though it is a tiny device, it is still a battery which could do some damage. Don't take the risk, bring it back or dispose of it.

Beth Ann Poole

Aug 26, 2019
It's NOT a great device if it is auto firing. Its a danger to yourself and others.

Minifits as a generality are great devices I have the good sense that God gave a Billy Goat and then some. It's up its separated from a pod. Sometimes simply answers are easy clean something , or the advice not repairable dispose of it. Right here your response is why I usually don't post or join forrums . Your Curt and rude but thanks for the reply I'll be unjoining now . God bless you.

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Minifit it is a great device I get lots of vape they're tiny and the price is great I just have one that continues to fire even though I've let up on the button and sometimes when I even get it to stop firing it'll just burn randomly by itself the only way to stop it is to take the pod off of it I. wonI'm waspoditive it's deringthe battery since I've replaced the pod. is there anybody else having the problem if there is was I couthere something you could do or if I just needed to dispose of it

Right here your response is why I usually don't post or join forrums . Your Curt and rude but thanks for the reply I'll be unjoining now . God bless you.
That was a pretty tame response to get bent out of shape over. I'd say you were remarkably well treated considering that your original post was constructed with minimal effort toward readability and bordered on incoherence. One sentence was actually interrupted by a fragment of another sentence that just sort of trailed off, which was quite astonishing. I know of places that'd tear a poster apart for such sloppiness. Maybe you're accustomed to a poor reception wherever you go and read too much into it. Maybe you came here intentionally looking for a reason to get upset. In any case, don't let the door hit you on your way out.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Minifits as a generality are great devices I have the good sense that God gave a Billy Goat and then some. It's up its separated from a pod. Sometimes simply answers are easy clean something , or the advice not repairable dispose of it. Right here your response is why I usually don't post or join forrums . Your Curt and rude but thanks for the reply I'll be unjoining now . God bless you.
Translation:
“All Forums suck because I had a bad experience somewhere once, and therefore you people are all awful even though you were actually polite but thanks for your help, which I needed. I’m now going to run away and never be seen again.”

Wow.

Makes me wonder how much of that was old trauma and how much of that was native crazy. It’s like being bitten by a squirrel at the park.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Welll....Since you joined today, he could've said "Welcome. THROW IT AWAY AND RUN FOR YOUR LIFE BEFORE IT KILLS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!"

Seriously though, Beth. He wasn't trying to be rude. Baditude is great, has a wealth of knowledge, and isn't a rude guy. And his advice was actually exactly right. Since you just joined, I get it - you were just wondering if there was a quick and easy fix, and often there is for certain device malfunctions. There really isn't for this, and firing without input just really isn't something to mess with.

I've tried Minifit, and it was pretty great. Seems very popular around here, and I haven't heard of anyone else having that issue. As low as pricing on those have gotten, you really should replace it - and I'd say with another Minifit, since it doesn't seem to be a common issue. It isn't a known lemon or anything.

And welcome! Stick around - you'll find everyone here very helpful, and friendly. Including Bad!:)

edit: And yes, other responders are correct. Checking your post before confirming is really a way of being considerate to everyone else.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I had an extremely unpleasant customer to deal with when I worked at the vape shop. He was angry, stomping around the store yelling and screaming because a particular flavor of e-juice, his all day vape, was out of stock. A coworker with more sales experience than myself told me that people can be extremely angry when they can't get their nicotine craving satisfied. Gave me a new perspective.

Maybe Beth Ann was having a bad craving and a bad day so that she couldn't vape her only vape setup. :unsure:

"Backups for your backups."

69355503_1806426422834212_8605831318229483520_n.jpg

Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I had an extremely unpleasant customer to deal with when I worked at the vape shop. He was angry, stomping around the store yelling and screaming because a particular flavor of e-juice, his all day vape, was out of stock. A coworker with more sales experience than myself told me that people can be extremely angry when they can't get their nicotine craving satisfied. Gave me a new perspective.

Maybe Beth Ann was having a bad craving and a bad day so that she couldn't vape her only vape setup. :unsure:

"Backups for your backups."
So native crazy, but hopefully temporary native crazy

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Minifits as a generality are great devices I have the good sense that God gave a Billy Goat and then some.
um.... are you aware that billy goat is chosen for that particular bromide because they are some of the least reasonable farm animals that exist?
It's up its separated from a pod. Sometimes simply answers are easy clean something , or the advice not repairable dispose of it. Right here your response is why I usually don't post or join forrums . Your Curt and rude but thanks for the reply I'll be unjoining now . God bless you.
It’s the “god bless you” I like best. A curse phrased as a benediction. Classic. People rarely look up the actual rather than cultural meaning “profanity”. It’s not the same as foul language.

Reactions: Izan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread