Minimum Amount of PG/GC in e-liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

~bruce~

Jul 9, 2009
Florida
I haven't started mixing yet, but I may in few more weeks.
I'm curious as to what the remaining 30% in your liquid will be?

I've mixed my own with great results......and I must say intrigued and possibly mortified by the ingredient list you have put together so far...what's the other 30% ??? Please be careful and do your research before you inhale something potentially harmful into your lungs....all the big brother people are just waiting for such an incident to shut down the whole thing on us.

~bruce~

Jul 9, 2009
Florida
heat up your recipe on a spoon with a lighter until it vaporizes....your looking for the gunk it leaves behind...I can tell you that PG and VG leaves zero residue....some flavorings will leave traces of residue, but others? None at all.

...Point being that a large amount of residue after vaporization has occurred will be sudden death for an atomizer.

wcnesmith

Oct 13, 2008
Inner Earth
So, this GC is an old herbal extract? What exactly is it?

I am VERY sorry, CG was what I thought the acronym for Glycerin, but it is actually VG (vegetable glycerin)

Please see this thread for more info:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/34203-herbal-extract-e-juice.html

"...Point being that a large amount of residue after vaporization has occurred will be sudden death for an atomizer."

Wow, very good information. Thanks. at the moment I cheesecloth strain it a few times.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
I am VERY sorry, CG was what I thought the acronym for Glycerin, but it is actually VG (vegetable glycerin)...

"Ahh" he sez as the light goes on :D

Gotta love this time-lagged form of communication!

My only experience so far is cutting 36mg unflavored PG down to 24mg using 33% VG. As the more knowledgeable round here have said, the VG does make the vape sweeter.

Keep us informed on how your herbal tincture goes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread